How Many Stingers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hup2thepenguin, Jul 16, 2014.

1. hup2thepenguin

hup2thepenguin Beagle.in.red

So TFwiki has been flip flopping on their Stinger article on how many of the units there are. Last I checked, people were in agreement that there was only one Stinger, and often times people mistook the red Trax units as being multiple Stingers.

2. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

Stinger is only one of KSIs prototypes, all of the other red ones are Traxes (you know Stinger is unique among the prototypes as Stinger and Galvatron are the only ones that have their one names compared to the others which only have designations).

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

One Stinger, multiple Trax were on the film.

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

This. Stinger is more sentimental to KSI in that it's a replacement of Bumblebee, as Galvatron is to Optimus.

5. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, KSI's robots consisted of Galvatron, Stinger, Two-Headed Shockwave, Junkheap, various Chevy Trax 'Vehicons', a McClaren Vehicon, an Aston Martin Vehicon, and the 'KSI Bosses', as TFWiki labels them

6. TheSpartanD

Yeah, KSI probably would of built more Stingers after the Seed was detonated but the primary purpose for the Stinger in the film was to act as proof of concept that KSI could build a robot that had a design that was similar to Bumblebee's.

The Two-Headed Shockwaves are called Two Heads by the way.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Actually we never saw the Mclaren and Aston Martin transform. Considering the nature of KSI transformation they could be anyone.

8. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only one real Stinger.

I think everyone got confused since they showed the robot mode and car mode together in the KSI showroom.

9. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

I liked Stinger, I enjoyed his scenes... But they should have done more with him. Maybe keep him for TF5 then kill him?

10. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Not just similar to Bumblebee, better than Bumblebee. These KSI robots are intended to serve as superior and more aesthetically pleasing replacements for the actual Cybertronians, humanity's arrogance essentially saying: "LOL we took your physiology and your designs and your abilities and made something even better, deal with it."

11. TheSpartanD

I wanted to put that but I didn't want to sound too much like the Stinger motto from the film. :D 

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I know it's off topic, but could we say they were even better? They died so easily.

13. hup2thepenguin

hup2thepenguin Beagle.in.red

Block forming, cooler vehicle? Remember, this was only a prototype. Maybe the final product would've been better than Bumblebee.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

No worries, I know you ain't some KSI spokesperson sellout :p 

Well it's mainly the humans talking, those humans all like: "LOL we can build better robots than the actual robots.", thinking that we can create better-looking models, basic human arrogance at its finest that whatever someone else can do, we can do better. One could argue that they can transform better, with their molecular form capable of tricks and manoeuvres a conventional transformation couldn't do. But then, a conventional transformation isn't nearly as vulnerable to outside influences as a molecular state. Trading endurance for mobility, you could say.

But in actual combat, the drones don't quite stack up to the real deal, barring Galvatron going toe-to-toe with Prime and Stinger holding its own against Bee, though these two probably had more devotion put into them than the others.

15. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably the reason Bumblebee took the new robot form to akin to Stingers. he knew it was better he just didn't want to admit it.

16. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    KSI Bosses are the names given to them by the concept art.

17. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I wasn't keeping count when I saw the movie.

18. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, of the KSI 'bots you see in robot mode onscreen, Galvatron, Stinger, and the Junkheap trio are unique, whilst the Traxes, the Two Heads, and the KSI Bosses are generic.

I gather the McClaren and Aston Martin are currently listed with the Decepticons on TFWiki because you see them in vehicle mode as Galvatron's forces are heading to/arriving in Hong Kong. Not sure if the same can be said for any of the other myriad sports cars from the factory.