How many of you have broken your Masterpiece Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Unicron129, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    I broke one of those stupid knee flap things when trying to get this legs into gun handle mode... very sad..

2. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    This is what's holding me back from getting an MP05 - I own my TFs in order to transform them over and over. DVD (MP) Prime is rock solid - I transform him all the time and have no worries about him breaking. Hasbro SS is a little more worrisome since after about 4 transformations he has a stress line on one of those wing joints that have caused people trouble before. I don't mind crazy gluing it if it does snap, but I don't know how well that will hold and it is stupid that it breaks when used as intended like that.

So buying an MP Megs and not TFing him a lot isn't what I want. But buying him and TFing him a bunch only to have him break several ways isn't exactly a thrilling thought either...

3. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did the same, but glued that interior clip back in, so it is fine. I also have an uncapped one MISB as a backup, just in case.

4. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MISB = me not breaking it

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I guess I must have just gotten lucky; I'm looking at a thread full of MP-05 horror stories, except mine.

6. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    From the TF Feedback forum....

7. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is starting to sound like a common break as I, too have had this happen to my Megs. I glued mine back with a touch of Zap and it seems to work again, but I'm not transforming him back to gun mode. Sadly, it seems, that this most excellent Megatron must now live it's life as an Action Master. I have another MIP one I can open to display in Gun mode if I want to.

8. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I used Zap a Gap too, and still transform him. Heck I bought the upgrade kit and have that on him too. I broke the clip clear off, and glued it at both ends. Fortunarely that clip is a guide and not a restraining piece, it still locks fine in either position. But again I have MISB one without an orange plug right behind him on the shelf, so I don't need to worry as much.

My only scare with him was when I was taking my Hasbro MP Starscream off the shelf next to him, and he decided to do a nose Dive off the 7 foot high shelf. Fortunately I work in a grocery store and have cat like reflexes for catching falling things and I grabbed him by the waist in mid fall.

Now my heart definately skipped a beat as this happened, and then I heard in my head the Voice of Chris Latta as G1 starscream saying clear as day, "My how the Mighty Megatron has Fallen...", because Starscream was still in my other hand at the time this all happened.

Needless to say I moved both Megatron and Starscream to a lower shelf, and placed my pile of dirty laundry in the spot where they would land if either where to fall again.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Mine's still in gun mode after about 6 or 7 months. Just getting it there without breaking it was a miracle for me. I'm hesitant to even try transforming it back.

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Knock wood, dude.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    on the 'right' side of Megatron (in gun mode, corresponding to where his right arm is. In bot mode it would be his back) there is a tiny piece of plastic that is seperately cut from the rest of him, for no apparent reason. Mine wasn't properly glued in, and it fell out, and I lost it. But, it serves no purpose and I dont even know why they had this piece cut out.

But that is the only bad thing that's happened to him. I have transformed him several times and I am not even particularly gentle when I do it, yet I havent even come close to breaking it. Maybe babying it is what's causing it to break, Megatron only respects strength :lol 

12. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I never even transformed him I just keep him and Prime on display in bot mode with their G1 versions in alt-mode in front of them :D 

13. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

never transformed mine out of fear of breakage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I've tf'd mine about 4 or 5 times with no issues with things breaking. Same with US MP Screamer.

I did put Megs back in the box due to potential tarnishing issues. Though I don't know how much more protection it adds, since it has already been exposed to oxygen (and skin oil).

15. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I transformed mine quite a few times with no breakage. Also, one time he fell off my entertainment center after I put him in an unbalanced pose. Nothing broke whatsoever, just had to pop his shouder and hip armor back on. :) 

16. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've had mine since release and I've never transformed him once. He's still perfect. :) 

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    oh yeah, mine took a 4 foot drop, not onto carpet, but onto solid outdoor ground. The only thing that came off was one of this clips on the back of his calves, but ball-joints are easy enough to pop back :) 

18. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Nothing broken. But my Megatron's feet is badly tarnished. I just ordered a Perceptor, so hopefully he can patch him up.

19. Sideways

Sideways Banned

my MP Megs' arm broke off .. so im gonna use him for a kitbash in the near future..

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you are careful, he should be fine. A shelf dive though or throwing him at the wall would be a bad idea.