How many of each battle card in a collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Trading Card Game (TCG) Discussion' started by Skystalker, May 10, 2019.

1. Skystalker

Skystalker Transformer Accumulator

Hello all,

I've been really enjoying collecting this game, but I'm approaching something like 1800 total battle cards. Can anyone offer me some kind of guideline they follow as to how many cards one should have to make playing easier and versatile?

Basically, I want to know how much of each individual battle card I should keep.

2. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I keep all commons and uncommons in card boxes separated by set and rarity to make things easier when building decks. Rares I keep a minimum of three each in binders. Rares that are used often like I still function, espionage, peace through tyranny, the bigger they are, energon ax,etc I keep a minimum of six. I don’t like to have to continually swap cards between decks or use proxies when playtesting.

3. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tend to follow the rule of 6 (not counting what I have for the collection). This way I can have sufficient # of cards to put in at least 2 different decks. All else are extras and I tend to put in the trade/sale box/binder.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nemesis Scourge

Nemesis Scourge Unicron's finest

News Credits:
    Yeah, a box for multiple commons and uncommons would be a very good solution. Especially with the ones like Force Field, so you do not have to take it out of your binder(s) all the time you want to build a new deck.

So I personally intend to keep all my cards. That might change if I reach a certain number on certain common cards. On the other hand - I used my entire set of duplicate common and uncommon cards from wave one to replicate a complete Starter & a complete Metroplex deck (minus the exclusive Metroplex Battle Cards, which I bought on ebay). There mighty be some form of resell value here if you can find someone how might be interested in testing the game.

5. CookieFactory

CookieFactory Well-Known Member

I maintain a dozen or so decks at all times. Suffice it to say this sometimes requires 15+ of certain staple cards.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sick2Move

Sick2Move well i thought that you said that

I keep three of each, then give away the rest to new players.

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I've noticed the Starter sets seem to have approximately three of Each Card so I'm just going off that.

I know there's not really a set a set limit on how many Battle Cards you can have in a deck or how many of each individual card you can put in a deck but I think three of each in a 40 card deck seems to work pretty well. Although 40 really isn't divisible by 3... so you can't have EXACTLY three of each in a deck but the average for most of the cards seems to be 3 and a couple sets of four just to round things off...

Although because of that Green Pip allowing you to keep the card in your hand after you flip it I kinda feel it's a little bit too easy to get the Enigma cards. I would of gone right past it and had to wait for another to come up if it wasn't for the fact that even if you flip it during an attack you can just put it in your hand instead of discarding. I might try to put some more useful cards in my Constructicon Deck and discard two of the Enigmas. I just kinda feel like there only really needs to be one and you're guaranteed to get it whenever it comes up so why bother increasing the odds with three of them when it's impossible to pass the thing?

8. quiktake

quiktake Well-Known Member

Three of each go into a binder. I keep useful commons and uncommon handy. Anything extra gets thrown in a zip lock and donated with any extra unwanted character cards. Commons basically have not vAlue so need to hold them outside the ones showing regularly in decklists.

9. Nemesis Scourge

Nemesis Scourge Unicron's finest

News Credits:
    Okay... now I have opend 3 displays of Wave 1 and Wave 2 in total... That was a very.. productive.. weekend ^^ (so many cards....)

As far as collecting goes... I decided I want to keep 13 of each common/uncommon Battle card. I keep 3 playsets (or 9) of each in a binder with the Character Cards (sidenote: I want to collect 3 of each, except SR, 2 should be enough here). The other 4 cards I put in one of the licensed Ultra Pro binders.