How many G1 characters needed before your collection is 'complete?'

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Disco 25, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Just Perceptor and Wild Rider.

2. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    I don't want my collecting to end, so never.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Destruktiw

Destruktiw Autoheroji koncentracija vatra!

I want every G1 Transformer from FT.

4. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    I lost like 50 G1 figures in a family storage fire...I don't have a G1 collection...I just collect what I like. Replacing things like Robotech, Voltron, Gobots, characters like Skids...too expensive if I did that. And it's a little painful to do ;)  especially since I performed child labor to buy my own toys. My parents should have spanked me for that. :D 

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    From an MP legends perspective? Everything, it’s like starting fresh. For starters:
    (New)
    Dinobots
    Blaster
    Insecticons

• Like Like x 1
  6. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From a legends scale perspective season one Autobots and Decepticons would be good enough if that was all I could get.

But everyone in season three or survived to season three would be great. And then season two characters.

Season four characters would be the lowest priority. Bots like Impactor, Whirl, Nightbeat and the Jumpstarters.

7. Gaiaknight

Gaiaknight Well-Known Member

once x transbots finishes there defensor my collection of s1, s2, and the 86 movie cast will be complete from there its just upgrading figures as better versions come out.

8. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    ft blitzwing, deformation seekers skywarp and hundercracker and ft predacons. Unless hastak or te, deformation is making a toon accurate grimlock and dinobots I'm quitting after those.

9. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    A BETTER Blitzwing (have KFC), Thundercracker and Skywarp (have Maketoys). Then Perceptor and I'm DONE. Already losing a lot of interest in the hobby though.

10. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Well-Known Member

Just got into collecting Legends/Legends+ a few months ago. Still need:
    - Properly scaled Windcharger & Gears to be brought out
    - MS Huffer
    - All the MFT seekers
    - MS Soundwave - preferably with Rumble but seems to be totally impossible
    - MFT Sideswipe and a Sunstreaker (when developed)
    - Iron Trans Datsuns
    - MFT Hoist
    - MFT Red Alert
    - MS Perceptor
    - MS Jazz
    - MFT Octane & Blitzwing
    - MFT Dinobots
    - MFT Headmasters
    - IF Jetfire
    - OSKO Stunticons about to be released
    - OSKO Aerialbots that might be released?
    - Maybe MS Constructicons. I do have that dirt cheap Hulkie ko where they have no guns.....
    - Hoping a more cartoon accurate Mirage than IF comes out
    - MFT Headmasters
    - MFT Sixshot

Damn....I feel like I haven't even started.....

Edit: Completely forgot Magnus, Hot Rod, Rodimus, soon to be released Blur and the newer Springer, Cylonus, Scourge....Arcee and Wheelie too if they come down the tracks....Oh the Sharkticons....it never ends....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Takara Thundercracker v3 (due this week)
    Takara Skywarp v3
    XTB Perceptor
    XTB Springer
    XTB Groove
    XTB Blades
    XTB First Aid
    XTB Hotspot

Gonna replace Takara Soundwave v1 with FT too but I guess that character is technically already represented. It'll probably be replaced by Takara v2 at some point (as Takara are the absolute Kings of cartoon aesthetic and top tier articulation) too but I need to call it a day on the upgrading game and I'm so very nearly close to being super happy with all my character choices. Depending on quality XTB Galvatron might slot in too as a replacement unless Takara come out swinging.

Seems XTB are my fat lady.....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  12. Beauman

Beauman Prisencolinensinainciusol. All right.

FT Scourge and Blitzwing
    Maketoys Premium Jazz if I can get him
    XTB or Ocular Max First Aid
    Fanshobby Doubledealer
    I kinda want KFC Reflector and XTB Perceptor. But I gotta draw the line somewhere
    I hope XTB will make an MP Tracks
    A new Shockwave would get my money too

• Like Like x 1
  13. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

i suspect it will never happen and i suspect i'll buy other stuff (well i know i will) while hanging around TF sites waiting for everything to materialize but i think like its a lot closer than i ever expected to get it. here goes off the top of my head in MP form....

-replacing the 3 main seekers (for the nth time) -crimson wings on the way and i'm hoping their redecos will round this out
    -blitzwing - skipped the KFC. if nothing better comes about perhaps i'll track it down. he's a priority though now that i've had FT's astrotrain fora while.
    -XTB omnibots - all 3.
    -improved perceptor via XTB most likely but maybe FT
    -Microchange (yeah not G1 but humor me) magnificus aka black perceptor - needs to have a G1ish tank mode
    -XTB battlechargers (both)
    -XTB punch/counterpunch
    -Roadbuster - i really want an updated (say mp-10ish style) version of the original toy, mugen calibur repaint too! haha
    -MP Whirl - same comment as roadbuster
    -MP JETfire - like a VF-1S with more TF style(again aim for that hybrid MP-10ish approach)
    -MP deluxe insecticons
    -MP jumpstarters
    -Protectobots....unsure if i'm gonna jump in on the XTB set or go more CHUGsterpiece with GT or more OX style with MMC, or something else altogether
    -a better MP ultra magnus - needs a waist swivel. would prefer a white prime in armor gimmick but an all in 1 that blows MP-22 away would be ok..and it woudln't be that hard. please someone get this done!
    -blaster and his tapes - will deformation space or takara or FT or someone else claim the prize?
    -kup...do i want a kup? maybe for completeness. lets see how locke shapes up (i don't liek koot). if he aint' good i'll just wait or be ok without him or blurr.
    -gears - do i jump in on the badcube reissue. i'm not too impressed but he'd be ok to fill the spot. if he goes on sale i'd get him.
    -Browning - yeah not american G1 but cmon the original toy predates megatron, am i right? also he had a "g1" japanese appearnce so he counts

guess not all those are MUSTS but if i had all those i'd be for sure ok calling it a decent MP G1 collection.

14. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I'll likely never ever be truly *done* since there's still new media introducing new characters or new takes on old ones so my list is more "If I stopped today and never bought another Transformer again, I'd need these G1 figs to truly feel it's finished." It helps that on more than a few characters I just need them represented not an exact replica or 1:1 copy.

Star Convoy,
    Liokaiser
    Seacons
    Blaster
    Perceptor
    Finish or get the tapes for Blaster and Soundwave
    Devil Z
    Insecticons
    PotP Optimal OPtimus
    Abominus and COmputron

I didn't realize just how close I was to finishing g1 until I looked at my checklist last month. It's been a wild ride. I started in 2010 with a birthday present from my wife (Leader RotF Op and I'm sure she'd think twice about it if she knew what monster she'd started :D ) but starting with CW, that's when it kicked into high gear. Prime Wars and WFC trilogies, Studio Series... the last near decade has just been a blast when it comes to collecting.

• Like Like x 1