How many characters died in The Rebirth battle?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Galvatron2000, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I haven't seen that many have commented on this war.

And looking at the final episodes, you can see that in this war there were many dead transformers like in the autobot city battle.

Runamuck n' Runabout?
    [​IMG]

Silverbot
    [​IMG]

all the Aerialbots too?

Silverbot...and the others who are they?
    [​IMG]

Streetwise and the others as well...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but Ultra Magnus was the only one that survived of them all.

Did I miss any more?

Since we know that Headmasters is an alternate story, in G1 canon do you think those characters definitely died?

• Like Like x 2
  2. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

That first picture is a miscolored Throttlebot, and I don't think they would be willing to kill characters that were part of that year's range, so the Aerialbots and Protectobots would be safe just by that fact, since they were still being sold around 1987 (and the only character that was killed in the 86 movie that was still selling at the time was Starscream due to Christopher Collins, the voice actor, having to be bailed out of jail for unknown reasons, but they still brought him back as a ghost). However, if we had seen a Constructicon lying around in the Rebirth (they did make a cameo in part one), that would have been a strong contender for a casualty (they were discontinued after 1986).

But it depends on a person's headcanon. I personally like to think that they might have been casualties of war in this one since it makes sense for a final battle to end up with some casualties, but I dunno if that was the original intention in the show itself.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

I don’t think they were intended to have died, although I did think that when I was younger. Someone pointed out on a forum that it would be a bit poor taste for the Autobots to all start celebrating right next to where the remains of Ultra Magnus and the Aerialbots lie. Also I don’t think they were in the business of killing characters off outside the movie

4. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

Given the fact the movie killed off a ton of OG cast members and then was like "lmao anyway moving on" I don't think poor taste was really considered here.

5. Galvatron2000

Galvatron2000 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    [​IMG]

Taking aside the issue of selling toys...

I think these last episode had a slightly darker tone similar to the movie, so I think we could consider that there were deaths.

We saw them dance after a brutal fighting on the junkion planet :D 

But almost always when we saw a fights or wars in TV or movies...the one who is victorious celebrates.

But hey, everyone has their own thinking.

6. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

I am a person who wishes there was more closure on Transformers lives. As such, I pretty much wish that the Return of Optimus Prime and Rebirth could be redone to kill off all the characters who would not be seen again in a continuation of season 4.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Revoticus

Revoticus Still a Big Combaticon fan

I thought they just got up off screen after cybertron was restored.Magnus did it but he also got back up after being blown up/tore apart in The Movie.

8. CannonBlaster

CannonBlaster Well-Known Member

Yes presumably Optimus Prime returned their power packs after the Decepticons were defeated

9. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I really don't think that after what they had just went through with bringing Optimus back from the dead that they had any intention of killing any additional characters.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jacob Knight

Jacob Knight Is a teenager arguing about toys

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    Runamuck and Runabout didn't appear in the cartoon after "Ghost In The Machine"

11. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

I'd like to think a lot of the guys that just disappeared like the autobot triple changers, the coneheads, preceptor, etc.

12. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    In the battle itself, SixShot APPEARS to kill Jetfire and the arielbots while the Decepticon Target masters appear to kill the protectobots.