How Long Will Transformers Survive As A Franchise?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr JackatooTM, Dec 19, 2016.

?

How long will TFers Franchise Survive?

1. 5-10 more years

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. 10-15 more years

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 15-20 more years

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. 20+ years

42 vote(s)
    42.4%
  5. Forever

47 vote(s)
    47.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Basically it a franchise that's constantly transforming... yeah someone's gonna hit me for that pun.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

*thump*

3. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Will last forever as long make money a lot money, i guess.

4. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

as long they can keep making money off of it I guess. Its like turtles the cartoons start they start selling toys after few years it dies out then a few years later it gets bought back and the cycle starts all over. Plus it helps transformers has such a huge fanbase that some of the fans create and sell their own third party transformer figures so even when/if it dies it will still continue through the fans

5. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

I think as long as we keep it alive. It may disappear from store shelves, the shows will no longer bless our screens. But as long as we continue to remember, and pass it on to the next generation it will live on.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Transformers, unlike most other 80's franchises, is something that's managed to stay relevant. It only "died" once, and it merely lasted two years before the franchise roared back into success with BW. Given how successful the movies are, and how the RID toyline seems to be selling decently despite the likelihood that a lot of the kids buying the toys might not be watching the show, I believe Transformers will actually outlive most of us.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    I love how the majority voted "Forever"

• Like Like x 3
  8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Someday, billions of years in the future when the sun has burned out and the energy beings that once were called humans spread throughout the galaxy, they will occupy their minds with Transformer toys, and complaining about how small, light, hollow, and cheap they have become, nostalgic for the far-flung past of 2017, when the toys were as strong and solid as nano-compressed diamond and had more painted detail than the Last Supper.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

I honestly think it will outlive my generation. Not that I think that there will not be any lulls along the way, but it has a big enough presence in pop culture to last a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Everyone will have their Optimus Prime. :) 

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That depends. If Hasbro keeps trying to push this jacked up aligned continuity and letting Micheal Bay direct crapy movies I think it'll die out soon. However as long as Hasbro keeps making new stuff and we keep on spending money on it then the franchise could potentially keep going forever.

That being said even if it does die it won't stay dead long. Not like back when G1 ended. Franchises are dieing off and being rebooted faster than ever these days. So much so that we barely even notice anymore. So we might eventually see like a whole year with no new Transformers and then after that break an announcement for a new Transformers toy line.

12. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

So... I'm not a fan of the Bay movies BUT... its kinda hard to take fans seriously when they write stuff like this. The Bay movies consistently MAKE A LOT OF MONEY and have brought in a lot of new fans through the movie toylines. Its not hard to recognize that (a) you might hate the movies but (b) the movies are huge part of the success of the franchise. I'm confident that the franchise would have been doing just fine if we never got any TF movies BUT those movies have really, really, really broadened the fanbase.

13. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Sort of.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    It all depends, so its hard to say anything definite about this subject. The movies (regardless of the quality and many polarized opinions on them) have made a lot of money for Hasbro and company, so they probably won't stop making these films until the sales begin to dry up. Why should they? If it's making them profit, they're satisfied.

If Hasbro starts making decisions with their brands that turns the fans and consumers away, which in turn effects their sales, then that's when they could run into issues. Because at the end of the day, money is everything. They'll do what will make them money.

I want Transformers to survive as long as it possibly can and the fact that it's been able to thrive for this long (With ups and downs over the years, of course.) is without a doubt, impressive.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  15. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    G2 almost killed Transformers, but Hasbro launched Beast Wars to keep the brand strong. I think something similar to this might happen again, where they come up with such a failure of a line that it almost kills the brand.

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

It's not just that I hate them. No one likes them. As for consistently bring in money that's not accurate either. Every sequel has had a lower budget and made less in the box office than the previous film. That's why only the first movie has practicle effects while later movies are entirely CGI. They don't have the budget to build things like the legless Bumblebee being towed around on a truck or a frozen Megatron. Those were really there but in the sequels all robots are always CGI. It's seriously stupid that they keep making sequels when we've been demanding a reboot since the first one. Clearly Bay isn't making the money he should be which is why they keep cutting the budget for the next one. So why not just end it already?

Bay films barely even manage to make back the budget spent on making the movie in the box office. Every time they let him make another one they're risking loosing money because people are sick of him. They tried a soft reboot with Age of Extinction to see if they could bring back interest in these movies but no one gives a crap except maybe little kids. But considering all the sexual innuendo and foul language I don't think parents really want kids watching these movies either. Which is odd considering it's based on a kids toy line.

The smart thing to do is to reboot it with a new director. Batman and Spider-man have been rebooted with far more sucsessful movies. Star Trek was rebooted when it was still doing good. Transformers is slowly dying and for some reason it's being kept on life support. Seriously when the first sequel doesn't even make half what the first movie did that's the time to reboot not to cut the budget and keep going.

I don't like Twilight either but as much as I hate those movies I can't deny they consistently bring in money. There's a fan base for those movies, as bad as they are. But Transformers movies, fans hate them, the general audience that liked the first one hate the sequels. So why are they still letting Bay shovel out this garbage? It reminds me of why Fant4stic was made, which was really just so the studio could maintain the film rights to the characters.

17. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As long the movies making success.

18. elburrito

elburrito Well-Known Member

transformers will eventually become the equivalent of Demolition Man's "Taco Bell"...and then the world will end.

19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    At that time G2 WAS Transformers, puberty and videogames almost killed Transformers.

20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No, Pretenders and Actionmasters killed Transformers to the point that no toys were on the shelves in 1991. G2 was the comeback, featuring a repackaged G1 cartoon and a new comicbook. Yes, sales were flagging toward the end of G2...but four years of toys is hardly called a failure.

Beast Wars was something of a surprise hit. The brand wasn't even being helmed by Hasbro's design team anymore...it was all being shipped to their newly acquired Kenner division. The first two episodes of the cartoon were quietly slipped onto airwaves as a pilot. It all kind of blossomed from there, along with some smart marketing.

It's easy to bash G2 because of how garish it kind of is. But it is not even remotely the problem child so many seem to believe it was.