how long is transformersPRIME going to last!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by tfprime32, Oct 17, 2011.

?

how long is transformersPRIME going to last! since news about TF4

Poll closed Dec 6, 2011.
  1. 1-13 months long

2.7%
  2. 14-21 months long

2.7%
  3. 1 more sesons

8.2%
  4. at least 2-3 maybe 4 seasons more

70.0%
  5. a year or 2

16.4%
  1. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Currently I'm going to say 14-21 months based on how quickly the consumer base can change. Although I would LOVE to see it last atleast 3 seasons.

2. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to assume 3 seasons while being cautiously optimistic for a 4th.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I would agree, based on past animated series, they've rarely gone beyond 3 seasons. If it airs for longer..great.

4. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seeing how successful the movies are and the possibility of a fourth one, I'll give this show one more season and it being on The Hub and having constant 1-2 month breaks could easily have it lose the interest of a viewer. Also something I'm noticing is that good shows always get cancelled at the end of it's second season!

5. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say they go about two-maybe three more seasons.

6. Girtherobot

Girtherobot Well-Known Member

I can see this going on for another 2 or 3 season, but not for 4-6 seasons. 4-6 seasons might be too much since they might run out of ideas or start to feel a little run down unless the writers have it planned to where that won't happen. I hope it does not get canceled because it is such a good show. Good shows always seem to get canceled while the crappy shows stay. But with The Hub and Hasbro being on the same page and Prime being the main show right now it's chances of getting canceled are slim.

7. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd think the story itself will last 10 years.
    The show may change In terms of naming it differently, but story will be pick up & drop off all the same... These writers are good. Very good. That and considering all the work Bay has planned ahead... It's going to be a while until he can get around to TF4 (if it's greenlit and if he decides he still wants to be a part of it that is). I MUCH prefer to see this go for another 10 years. We need a break from the live action movie & it's pegwarming shelf clogging product... A TFP movie is what I'm talking about though! They have a lot they can do with this series in terms of giving it more story & a movie. They could, if they wanted to start making characters of their own that have never been heard of or created. And *crosses fingers* they could bring in Drift? Lol

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well judging by the fact that it continued to air on tv, through the third movie, both in theaters, and through on dvd, with out stopping transformers prime. it continued just fine through it, and i think when transformers animated was cancelled, it was mainly due to poor sales of the toys. though it was mainly hasbro's fault for making most people here want the toys sooner then they came out, and the toys not coming out for an entire half a year after the show started, and most of their shows, and the movies are all based on the success of the toys.

how ever, with transformers prime, it feels like they're trying to expand beyond the toys, and try to drive up the success with the show, probably so they can expand better into other mediums with kids, like video games. since kids don't play with toys nearly as much as they used to. i know a mother, who's kid is 7, and has already stopped playing with his toys.

i think they made transformers prime such a good show, that it will continue with or with out a toy line for at least 3 years. and even then i suspect that if they create a new show after that, that they will just continue on with these characters already developed. probably using the same animation style as well. it might just get a new name like "transformers barely any prime" or "transformers 33 more bumblebee repaints on the way!" or even "transformers the adventures of miko and bulkhead, and sometimes other autobots!"

but like said, it really all depends on the success of the HUB. which from what i've read isn't doing so well right now.

but once the toy line is released, i am sure it will boost up the popularity a bit.

and also thanks to the success of the third movie!

plus the latest plot twist should boost up next season's ratings, at least with the adult viewers... for the first few episodes at least :lol 

9. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would rather see Prime seasons 4 & 5 instead of TF 4 & 5 in the movies.

Voted for 1 more season; a possible fourth season of TFP.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  10. Hellbat

Hellbat ヘルバット

There was an official statement of Hasbro considering the duration of Prime?
    Where?

11. Thundercrackers

Thundercrackers Cybertonian Scholar

I don't know about prime, but the Aligned continuity is supposed to be around for the next decade, acoding to the hasbro Q &A this past january. Also, Prime is the perfect show to survive in the face of the movies, as it has the movie astetic, and could be seen as selling movie merchandise.

12. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Much as I loathe this recent obsession Hasbro has with treating the Transformers franchise like a long-running comic book, my money's on 10 years for the continuity, and five to seven years for the current show on the air.

13. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

well considering that Primes Second season is starting in November i think that by the time TF4 rolls around in 2013-2014 that Prime may be either in its 4th-6th seasons, or possibly starting a new sequel series that wont premiere until after the 4th movie, i think Hasbro has this planned out, the only thing that could derail Prime is the cancellation of the Hub

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

A year or two. Hasbro is in this for the long run.

15. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    Well, i don't know about transformersPRIME but i pretty sure Transformers: Prime will last at least until it's 2nd season