How long have you stuck around collecting TFs, and will you continue?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Starfire22, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Every collector approaches this question. For me it happened while digging through my own figures. The feeling i got? "I can't believe i have been doing this since 2009.". That is it. Nowadays, it seems like a struggle to find things in stores. Yeah i know the drought will be over come Spring, but to be honest? I am kind of over it all.

Maybe Toy Fair will help me out, but i (almost) feel like moving on. I might end up eating my own words again, but who knows.

Anyone else feel this way?

2. Shonuff

Shonuff Well-Known Member

I've been collecting since '86 and I still collect to this day no signs of stopping.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Not counting childhood...I got into collecting as an adult in 2001 and have been doing it ever since. As long as they keep releasing Transformers that interest me I'll keep collecting.

4. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are the man! I'm going to do the same even though I began in 2001. If Takara hadn't reissued the G1 TF starting with Prime, UM, and Hot Rod back in 2001, I wouldn't even be here today. I remembered I was so happy to be able to own my childhood toys all over again in 2001 and up to current.

Love your signature too man, if there's an UM image like that, let me know.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  5. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

Same boat. Some of my first memories as a kid was about going to toys r us and checking out all the transformers and masters of the universe. Love the 80s.

6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I've been collecting since 2009 (but I have had a few Transformers since 2007), all thanks to the Bayformer films.

I hit a big stride in my collecting during 2012-13 with the Prime, Beast Hunters, and FOC lines.

But recently thanks to distribution my collecting has come to a crawl and I find myself moving towards Marvel Legends for my collecting fix, well, that and I've trying to figure things out like where I'm at in life, where I'm going, depression, etc. But despite all that I'll still be in the collecting scene until I complete my goals for my CHUG collection even if it means I just pick up the rare figure from Amazon or HTS here and there as time goes on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Veleno

Veleno Solar Plexus Clown Gliders

I've been collecting since the days of Energon.

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I started around 1989. I had go bots and those mc donalds ones, and I took my brother's G1 Optimus Prime at some point in the 80's. :lol 

Heavy collecting since 1996 (Beast Wars). Never stopping.

9. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really didn't restart collect Transformers till 2003. The Commemorative line got me back in Transformers then the Universe stuff too. I wasn't interested in the Armada Energon stuff at that time. Back in 2001 or 2002 I did get the TRU Scourge. All that changed with the Generations, Combiner Wars and now Titans return.

10. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was 5 when my parents bought my first Transformers in 1989. I suppose at some point my own money took over the costs, but I've never stopped ....

*cough* there are others in storage bins still *cough*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  11. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure when I officially became a "collector", but I have been buying and receiving TFs as gifts since the beginning of G1. I graduated high school and went into college in 1993, so I guess that is when I was officially an adult and was beginning to morph into a collector. Since that time there have been lean years where I didn't care for much of the product and fat years when I was buying a lot. "Droughts" where it seem like not a lot of new product is hitting store shelves used to bother me, but I am used to them and can usually wait them out unless it is something I REALLY want and then I might be more tempted to grab online early. I'm not going to pretend I will ever walk away from collecting permanently (even if the TF line does die completely, I will probably find something else to focus on).

+-MWG-+

12. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been collecting off and on all my life, but it only really began in earnest with the latter half of Robots in Disguise... so around 2001-2002. That was the point where I actively hunted, began getting more and more of a line.

As for when I'll stop? When it stops being fun, I suppose. I still get a thrill of getting a package or opening a new toy and figuring it out.

13. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been collecting since 2007 but sold most of my collection off. Just focusing on official MPs nowadays with no signs of stopping.

14. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Been collecting as an adult since 1998. I'll tell you the same thing I tell my wife , I'll stop collecting when I'm dead. Plain and simple .

15. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

Although i've taken a short hiatus or so from collecting (stretching from 4-12 months from time to time to focus on other stuff), I don't think its possible for me to stop. If I get diagnosed with a major health issue, i'll probably stop to attend to life first, then if I survive any battles, then collecting will resume.

16. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

Reissue Ultra Magnus and A/E/C got me back into it(don't count childhood,i didn't buy to collect.Dirt,creeks and firecrackers were order of the day).Sold it all(not ultra magnus,son got him for Christmas.) and went head first into Classics. Now I have a very focused collection and once I have my dream G1 collection in classics form done.I'm done. I still have a ways to go,but I do have the endgame in sight. While I may cherry pick in a very limited fashion, I have no interest in starting another TF line after classics.

17. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

Just got pulled in early this year for combiner wars, and will at least keep collecting to the end of prime wars trilogy. After that, no idea! Depends on how things change.

18. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

First of all, I recognize I have an addiction so I won't stop. I've been in love with action figures and transformers since 1984. I collected all the way through college. Foolishly, I got rid of my collection. Some dumb thought about picking up women. Never lost my fascination with them. When I was married, I would sneak over to the toy aisle at Target just to check things out.

Got divorced in 2013, started collecting in 2013 and do not intend to stop, although now that I have gotten a lot of it out my system, I'm more interested in classy pieces. I've drifted a bit and my eyes are on the art of SH figuarts and want to pick up a Figma, but ultimately I have not exhausted my fantasy. Still waiting to finish the Ark crew, and will always look for the perfect representation of all my six inch heroes.

I don't want multiple of the same character though. Continue to be impressed with Takara and will always give them a look

19. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Been collecting since 1999/2000ish. I've waxed and waned. MP is all that keeps me going at the moment. At some point I'll be out, but I expect that will be a few years yet. I suppose I've just significantly narrowed my focus for the brand as I've expanded into others more than truly lost interest though.

20. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

"Till all are One"