How long do you plan to stay in the fandom?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shadowbreaker, Sep 14, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I have kind of a personal question related to this topic.

Originally when I started collecting Transformers I was actually playing with them. When I got into high school I still wanted to collect the toys but aside from occasionally transforming them on my shelf so the display wasn't the same every day, I didn't really play with them anymore.

Some time after I graduated when jerk face had his first kid I thought I'd be giving my collection over to my nephews when they were old enough to take care of them. Given that jerk face cheated on their mom with my girlfriend over a year ago and hasn't let me near the kids sense then I don't think that's ever going to happen.

I haven't liked many of the toys sense 2007. I'm just not into the whole Movie/Animated/Prime designs but I've still been buying some characters just because I like the character. It doesn't really make allot of sense to by a mold I think is crap because I like the character in a cartoon and I don't play with them so what you think. Should I just sell my collection? Should I keep any of the molds I do like or just sell everything?

Also I'd really like to find at least one more toy, something plastic addict worthy that TJOmega doesn't already have. I love that series on YouTube and would love to contribute a figure to an episode. I'd send him something for free if I only knew what to send him that he doesn't already own. There really needs to be a "Plastic Addict" wish list for crappy toys we can send him.

2. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Twitch and Twitter Personality: PopDotEXE

Honestly, right now. I have just been so displeased with the newer figures, and Prime is beggining to wear thin on me. That is why I have been going back and collecting the Older beastwars figures, and doing my Universe Heralds of Unicron. But, once that is done... Hopefully there will be a Transformers series that catches my eyes... Either that. Or i'm jumping ship.

3. newbielives

newbielives Well-Known Member

I have a slightly strange deal I have with my GF. I've loved transformers as a child but only recently got into the figures possibly 3 months ago accidentally stumbling onto a video review of ROTF Leader Class Prime when searching for Power Rangers Megazord on youtube, the Christmas present I never got as a child because it was sold out. Fast forwarding few months later with the new DOTM movie out, I would estimate that I've spent about $500 plus on transformer figures. This was when I asked my Girlfriend for intervention and asked her to make up a contract for me. The contract follows that if I buy a transformer, I'll have to get my eyebrows plucked and my black heads cleaned. After that for the next 2 months, I'll have to eat vegetarian with her when ever we eat out. There is one other clause but I'll let you figure that out.

So I've been good so far and it was weird, because I finally received my last figure yesterday in the mail, ordered from before the contract was written. It was Leader Class Ironhide but it came with a flaw in it's leg, missing a piece to complete it's ratchet joint. And knowing that was it, that this was the last Transformer I would buy for sometime, I had almost completely lost my interest in Transformers.

But out of the blue I just decided to carve my own ratchet piece and was able to fix the joint, and suddenly my fandom was rejuvenated again. Then all this news about MP-10 and right now the Striker Prime, it's driving me crazy that I can't buy anything.

So sorry for the long post but this was a story of my fandom and how it almost faded but is back hard and strong and MP-10 and DA-28 are driving me MAD,INSANE!!!!!

4. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Forever.... and ever.... AND EVER.

But I can see how older fans could lost interest sooner or later...
    Who knows... Maybe as the years keep going maybe the samething will happen to me.

But for now, I will say forever.

5. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i'll agree with you transbot90210 you have to keep your inner child alive. that's why i'll never leave. also their was nothing like transformers when i was a kid. when i have bad day it's nice to watch prime or pop in a movie and feel better.