How long do you plan to stay in the fandom?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shadowbreaker, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I havent think about it. I guess til the franchise dies? ^^ I mean, i was no longer buying toys because of the DOTM line but i still watched the movie and watched Tf:p rime. I stil collect Tfs CHUGs or whatever they are called these days ^^' And I got planned to buy the TFP toys too. I will continue watching the series, purchasing the DVDs. Hm..yeh, i guess til the franchise dies because each year has something new to offer. Plus i got hopes in the movies could be in the future. ;) 

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    FOREVER!!!!!!!

Or until real life actually kicks in.

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm considering having my ashes scattered during Botcon 2055 or thereabouts.

4. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

I think I'll probably always like Transformers to some degree.

I won't however, be participating in the online fandom for too much longer. After 10 plus years I'm tired of it all, and I'm tired of the people.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'll stay until I feel it has ran its course... which I have a feeling will happen once/if they finish hammering out the remaining core characters via Classics. The rest has been feeling awfully redundant lately. The new Prime figures are cool, but they sort of just feel like Animated 2.0 with more movie cues. Alternators never got finished, so there's nothing to keep looking forward to there. Masterpieces are about to go into reboot mode with smaller sizes and higher prices, so that's a huge letdown. And I just don't care about KO's or Movie figures in the slightest. So I don't see much left that will keep me as dedicated as I have been again in the past 6-7 years.

6. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear.

I'm in it for the Long Haul! (heh, get it? XD)

Seriously though, Transformers has been a huge part of my life since my earliest memories. Why would I just up and leave it? I have so much time and money invested into this franchise and so many amazing memories because of it. In fact, one of my main criteria for my future wife is to either A) Love Transformers just as much and have her own collection/likes/dislikes/whatevers or B) Let me be with it and respect me enough to know that I've liked them a lot longer than her and I refuse to just 'give them up and grow up'. - My ex tried that and hocked one of my (thankfully least favorite) TFs to her brother and I said goodbye to her too that same day.

7. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    I'll probably always be a fan, but I'm sure my collecting habits and cartoon/movie/comic watching/reading habits will be lessened at some point.

8. darthvexstas00

darthvexstas00 open.... damn it open

Ebay:
    always be tf fan, my earliest merories where of transformers, batman, and power rangers, so ill probally always be a fan of all of em. i do tend to switch around which one is the dominate though

9. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

for the rest of my existence i will always be into transformers a collector and a geek

10. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    they've always been there with me. its not like ive never not liked transformers. when i was unemployed and didnt work and knew i couldnt spend, the transformers were always the aisle i walked down. something about a transforming robot.

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    It all depends on what they make and how available they are. Movieverse is one of my favorite styles of TF (realistic alt modes and ugly robots, yay!), and neither Prime nor Classics can replace that. So I may very well drop out after DotM runs its course.

Although I enjoy watching Prime, and do plan on getting a Voyager Starscream (got Voyager SS from Animated and Movieverse, can't pass on the best Screamer). Which means I'll probably relapse. Hard.

12. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    'Till I die.

13. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I may have slowed down my collecting a lt, but I recently started doing comics here and have high hopes for making add-ons with Shapeways, so Id say I have a vested interest in the fandom and the franchise that won't go away soon. It really helps that I have a wife that supports me in it and does her own collecting from time to time.

14. Notbot

Notbot Decepticon

When I get a job, maybe I'll still be fan, but I probably won't have transformers though.

15. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Till I die or the series fades away. And even after that...

16. darkunor

darkunor Banned

Very interesting topic! I probably never will because I don't invest that much into this hobby to start with, I can easily afford an entire US G1 and my lifestyle will not be altered in anyway, yet I only have a hundred figures to my name, G1 or G1 heavily inspired in the form of Masterpieces and classics and the odd third party figure. And the fact that I'm now officially sick of classics keeps my involvement (spending) pretty much in check not that it needed any given my already limited spending. It,s quite a small part of my life so it's easily compartmentalised in the scale of things!

I guess a reason why always be interested in transformers is because of G1, it's evolution, or the way it's been copied over the years, not that I've liked any since G1 infact with the exception of WFC designs I've been pretty much irked by almost anything non US G1, concept and design wise! I guess I'm also still in the fandom as I await the day as G1 fans will recieve an update/remake/reboot in the mould of the new, brilliant thundercats cartoon with brilliant writers, animators and voice actors involved. A TF show that will be epic to me as adult as G1 and it's movie were a epic to me as a kid!

I'm also curious and impressed with the Masterpiece line, the toon accuracy, the poseability and not so much the quality in respect to MP Roddy and the third party upgrade kits for G1 figure like the crazydevy products. I wonder what will be the next G1 update line? Will we ever get masterpiece, toon accuracy, articulation, metatllic compostion infused with G1 throwbacks like tech specs in deluxe size? That would be awesome! A reason why I'm still in the fandom!

17. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I'm here forever. My childhood love for TFs has never wavered, even before the internet when I had no idea that there were others out there who still loved the cartoon robots they first saw as a kid. Transformers isn't always my primary fandom, but even if something else is drawing more of my interest, TFs will always have a big claim on my heart.

This is very true. The intensity of a fan's interest doesn't have to be 100% all the time; it depends a lot on which twist or turn the franchise is in, what the main series is like, and what else is going on in your life at the time. There are times when the franchise seems like it's RUINED FOREVER, but a few years later something will come along and make you love it again.

Hopefully whatever comes after Prime will be awesome too, and you'll stick around. :) 

:lol 

18. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

There are a few fandoms/franchises that I've loved ever since childhood or my early teenage years, and that love never completely goes away. My focus on them may ebb and flow like the tides every now and then, but they're always there in the back of my mind and in my heart.

One of those fandoms/franchises is Transformers. No matter how frustrating it can be at times, no matter how many bad experiences I may go through because of it, I don't think I'll ever entirely leave Transformers fandom.

Whether or not I'll stay active in the fandom (ie. posting on forums or interacting with people who share the interest on the internet or otherwise), however, I can't say.

Nooo! But how will I get my daily dose of snark otherwise?! :(  Hopefully whatever comes next in the distant future will keep you around.

This, yes. One would hope that you wouldn't have to devote yourself entirely to the Transformers fandom 24/7 to be considered "in the fandom". That would be exhausting!

A noble goal indeed! :lol 

19. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

20. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Is it possible to get transforming tombstones? Maybe we can than even as dead men be in the fandom :D