How long do you plan to stay in the fandom?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shadowbreaker, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Until death. Of the fandom, or myself.

2. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    My schedule says 3 weeks and 4 days until I leave.

3. Notbot

Notbot Decepticon

Same with me

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll always be a fan, I just lose interest at times, but I always am involved.

5. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

I've been a fan for a long-ass time and I'll stay a fan for a long-ass time.

If my future wife says hell no, I'll say hell yeah...

...and end up in divorce court. >.>

6. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I don't think I'll ever leave this fandom. I have too much invested (emotionally and financially) to ever give it up. The way I enjoy it may change over time, but it will always be a part of my life.

7. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I plan to stick around until someone gives me a reason not to. I like TFs, and have since I was a kid in 1984. As far as the toys. When it stops being fun, I'll stop.

As far as the cartoons? They lost me with Beast Machines. Only recently have I seen a few episodes of Prime and liked it again.

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Until end of December or early January next year.

9. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that's awfully specific!

10. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    You'll probably never be rid of me. Sorry.

11. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    It'd be easy to say forever, but it really depends on how the franchise is handled from this pont. If you take Star Wars as an example, up until I was 16 I was the biggest fan, but the direction the non movie (and most of the movie) elements of the franchise increasinly bored me to the point of actively annoying me. So I stopped buying stuff and paying attention to anything bar the films and television. Became a casual fan and am much happier for it. Only a 1977 R2 D2 and 3PO remain of my once massive collection. Now Beast Wars (which I now enjoy) pushed me out of the fandom when I was a kid more because I was 'grown out of toys' at the time, and the fiction really didn't grip me. This could happen again. I'm not such a slave to the brand that if they stop making product I enjoy, I'll stop buying stuff and just be content with what I have. And thats already reducing to just G1, MP and Animated. The new stuff is cool, but I find myself just enjoying looking at pictures of them as much as owning them. I'm almost 30 and been a back into TF since I was 17. Will I still be here when I'm 40? Dunno, I'll always love the Tf I grew up with, and elements of it during the 2000's but will I remain in the fandom? Who knows.

12. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    There'll always be older toys to chase down, exclusives, etc. That said, it all depends on the quality of the fiction as to whether I follow it or not. And the aesthetic. However, I will gain much enjoyment watching people who snap up anything with a faction symbol on it, then try to pawn off entire collections of series that they didn't think through before going completionis.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. I just posted the same thing in another thread...

I was born in 1975 so G1 was it for me. We didn't have much money, so my toys were limited. G2 got me back and I got them all (at least the "reissue" ones). Beast Wars came and while I didn't buy many toys, I loved the show. Even through Beast Machines. I stopped toys AND shows when RID hit because I felt with them starting over, maybe it was time to me to jump off...

Armada pulled me back in with the Mini-cons and the partner aspect... I own every AEC character (some good some bad) and still love the AEC universe though the shows could have been better... All the other lines I just get some toys here and there. TFPrime looks to be the first new line where I'll get 'em all (though I do get almost every CHUG release).

Now I have a 3 year old son who LOVES Transformers, so I don't see me getting out of it anytime soon.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  14. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

I have had my up and downs the past 27 years, but have never said "I am done with Transformers." Even if the line were to end sometime in the future, Optimus Prime would always be my Sci-fi hero.

15. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

No timeline, depends on if there are products that interst me.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    You got to keep your inner child alive.

I was almost out during the dark days of AEC and Bayverse. Classics and Animated started bringing me back but it was the 3rd party movement that has brought my passion back, and higher levels than ever.

I love Prime so I got that going for me for the next couple of years at least.

Although my focus has changed slightly I am still hardcore on board and will be for the foreseeable future.

As I have quoted since the 2002 TFW2005 reboot....There from the start and there til the end.

17. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I'll be the last to leave.

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

"Dark days"? :sly2: 

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    It's all relative. I am a Beast Era fan and a Geewunner by default. Add to this I am not fond of Japanese animation (chalk it up to cultural differences). I also colelct on screen characters which means I need a bond with the character to enjoy the show. Heck all I really need is character, good character just makes me enjoy it more.

The Bay designs did nothing for me and got boring quick. The media at the time was not connecting with me. I think that combination makes it fair for me to say they were dark days.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'm losing interest but I'll still keep an eye on whats new even if I don't buy most of it.

ROTF burned me. I don't like the movie toys anymore. I'll keep buying updates to G1 characters and close homages like DOTM Guzzle though.

I'll also keep buying the IDW G1 comics too.