How is there no Nemesis Ultra Magnus yet?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Feb 1, 2021.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    A lot of Autobot leaders have black evil repaints of them in some form both in fiction and toys yet Ultra Magnus who counts as an Autobot Leader in his own right never got one. It's pretty surprising given his major role in the franchise and that you'd think it'd be a no brainier to get a quick repaint out of the mold.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I prefer to get the Diaclone repaints

3. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

Ultra Magnus has rarely been considered a true leader. He's an excellent second in command but when Optimus Prime or Rodimus are absent he's mostly just keeping their seat warm trying to keep things under control as best as he can Until they return to find a more permanant solution. Plus I honestly don't think he can match Megatron/Galvatron like Optimus can. I mean few can match big blue in fighting prowess but look what happens when he fights Galvatron(cartoon movie) he literally gets torn apart and in Prime Megatron easy defeats him in combat

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If a black repaint comes out instead of his Diaclone colours, I would like the amour to be a sort of inverse colours scheme of Magna Convoy or the inner Diaclone bot. Like Black as the main colour and blue as the secondary colour rather than all black I supposse.
    CybertronConvobat_MagnaConvoy.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus fills all of my evil Ultra Magnus needs.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    If we start giving everyone an evil twin adversary when does it stop? Do we start seeking out Nemesis Prowl and Nemesis Grimlock? What about Nemesis Megatron and Starscream, what would they be like?

Nemesis Prime is already an overrated concept but if other characters start getting mirror versions of themselves then it just becomes Shattered Glass. Also maybe we shouldn't rely on evil mirror bizarro versions of characters to fill out an already bloated rogues gallery.

• Like Like x 4
  7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Nemesis Magnus is -

wait for it -

just Nemesis Prime wearing black Magnus armor. No thanks. I'd rather have Delta Magnus over and over again before a Nemesis Magnus.

The only time it makes sense is my House of Magnus fanon but then it's still just Nemesis Prime because any "production designation-code Magnus unit" has the ability to both hold a Matrix and wear trailer armor.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the idea of a blue and black Nemesis Magnus as I've always felt Movie Optimus' Nightwatch color scheme would be a good look for an evil Ultra Magnus character.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Ultra Magnus is really only the Autobot leader in Animated. Kind of G1 too... I mean Optimus did give him command but that was really short leadership position between when Optimus died and when Hod Rod turned into Rodimus Prime at the end of the movie so I don't think it really counts. G1 Ultra Magnus took more of an advisory/Second in Command position to Rodimus rather than being the true leader.

Also... not every leader has a Nemesis anyway... It's really only Optimus that does. Rodimus has an evil black repaint but that's not really a Nemesis because he's the same character. In fact some times he's not even really evil, Cyberverse Dark Hot Rod was just a more angsty version but he was still an Autobot. It was basically Hot Rod going through an Emo phase.

There are also characters who AREN'T leaders but have evil black counterparts. Pretty much the entire main cast of Beast Wars II had a Shadow version... even the Predacons for some reason also had evil shadow version despite already being evil... I think the reason for this is that they tested the shadow cloning process on themselves before using it on the Maximals but it's still weird to have an evil clone of someone who's already a villain to begin with.

Leobreaker from Transformers Cybertron also had Nemesis Breaker and what's more impressive... not only did they have an evil repaint of the same mold but both Optimus and Megatron were designed to be able to combine with that mold. Kind of makes him the most interesting evil repaint... I mean even if the toy on it's own is just a straight repaint Optimus and Megatron are completely different figures so the combined modes don't really feel like you're looking at a repaint... unless you're literally just focusing on the arm mode that they transform into.

Anyway... I don't think everyone needs a "Evil black repaint" because then it starts to get boring pretty quickly. If they do give other characters "evil repaints" they could at least do something different with the color scheme other than just make it black. Also please do something different with the names other than just "Nemesis Something" It works for Nemesis Prime but going from Leobreaker to Nemesis Breaker just never sounded right to me. I kind of like Rodimus Unicronus as the evil black Rodimus Prime. Get more creative with the names and color schemes.

It also kind of bothers me that SG Rodimus Prime and Rodimus Unicronus have the exact same color scheme. They even both have the added evil facial hair. Literally the only difference between them is that Rodimus Unicronus has a Decepticon insignia indicating his shift in alignment from Autobot to Decepticon while SG Rodimus Prime has an Autobot insigna because he's an Evil mirror universe Autobot not a Decepticon. If you couldn't see their insignia's you wouldn't be able to tell which character you were looking at.

I wander would a SG Rodimus Unicronus look like main universe Rodimus Prime? But SG Cyclonus is already in main universe Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime colors so would SG Rodimus Unicronus then look like main universe Cyclonus?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper strongest cyber missions fan

News Credits:
    Maybe delta magnus?

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we're going to extend the whole idea of a "nemesis" repaint to everyone well... we did that it's Shattered glass.

If we just want black repaints. Yes I'm always on board for needlessly rare black versions of toys I've already got.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject There is no war in Ba Sing Se

Nemesis Wheelie or why even bother?

• Like Like x 3
  13. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Packaging says "Shadow Striker", but c'mon, we all know it's Nemesis Wheelie! :D 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  14. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject There is no war in Ba Sing Se

Huh, so that's a thing. I wonder does Nemesis Wheelie speak in haiku instead of rhymes?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

Well, we don't need to seek out Nemesis Grimlock...
    20210201_180557.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  16. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I would watch that.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Bee427

Bee427 I'm here-er and I'm queerer

Well heck, now I do want Nemesis Prowl and Nemesis Grimlock.

• Like Like x 4
  18. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Where's my Nemesis Rack-N-Ruin?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

Don't you mean Nemesis Rack-N-Nemesis Ruin?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 The Weeb Transformers Fan.

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Ah, the evil doppelganger. One of my least favorite tropes in fiction. A very uncreative way of giving the protagonist a rival. Instead of making a genuinely great villain to oppose the protagonist, they instead just get "gOoD gUy bUt EvIl". Never do a Nemesis Ultra Magnus. Never. Please. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1