How is the Siege line in comparison to the Titans Returns line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Titans Return is still my favorite. Siege is good, but not enough to make me want everything. CW made me want every combiner limb character. From then I vowed to only get combiners and certain characters. TR sucked me in. Siege is getting some of my money. Quite a bit. But not “gotta catch them all”.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

For me, I am a MP collector and my opinions are skewed towards MP size and quality. I have bought the CW Devastator, Metroplex, Fort Max, Trypitcon, dome of the PotPs pieces (Dinobots and Terricons are big disappointments imo), Prime is decent. Rodimus is okay, Nemesis Prime (the best in the PotP line), so far in the Seige line I have Megatron(should of leader or commander class), Hound and Battletrap. I do not care for the battle damage paint scheme and the pieces are too small and light. Will buy Prime, Jetfire, and Omega.

3. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Much better. I'm a big fan of integrated heads. :) 

20190123_041134.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

Here's siege Hound with Titan Returns Kup. IMG_20190127_223549363_crop_730x604.jpg Hound is a little shorter but is a solid figure.

• Like Like x 1
  5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Seige might be a bit better constructed, but Titans Return was a FAR more interesting line, full of obscure characters most of whom hadn’t seen the light of day since their original execution.

There were some clunkers (Broadside, PM Prime, the awful cassettebots) but overall the hit to miss ratio was pretty solid. (Power of the Primes seemed like a huge let down after TR)

I’m loving the oddballs in Seige (Flywheels, weaponizers and Micromasters) but I really don’t need another set of the 84 cast with lesser designs, doofy alt modes, out of scale sizes, overdone greebles and nasty paint spatters...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    @artiepants ”Out of scale sizes” in from line dedicated to making characters in-scale?

7. artiepants

News Credits:
    Out-of-scale with the last 12 years of CHUG figures, which, Thrilling 30 aside, were FAIRLY (not perfectly) consistent, but even acknowledging Siege as a "new" starting point, the leaders too small (Shockwave being sub-voyager without his armor is just silly), commander class too big (Jetfire looked ridiculously large next to the rest of them in the Wonderfest pix)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blam320

News Credits:
    Jetfire is actually in consistent scale with everyone else. On top of that, Pre-Prime Wars CHUG scale has been horribly inconsistent. Just look at the WFC 1.0 and FOC toys.

• Like Like x 1
  9. artiepants

News Credits:
    c'mon, those don't even count, they were totally separate lines that just happened released under the Generations umbrella (and FOC was same as T30, part of the DotM-era "shrinkening" that was largely undone come Combiner Wars, but has reappeared in Siege and Studio Series)

Jetfire's MASSIVE. He looked in scale with the pre-Siege leaders, but he'll look silly amongst the diminutive line up that is Siege. and their claim of "consistent scale" pretty much went out the window with Shockwave.

...but this was also just one tiny point of many why i thought Titans Return was the superior line.

10. Blam320

News Credits:
    Watch the cartoon again. Jetfire was massive. Shockwave was shorter than Megs and OP.

As for your argument WFC 1.0 and FOC “don’t count,” let’s not forget Ultra class Powerglide, among other scale hiccups. Heck, your comment about “shrinking” is horribly misinformed to boot.

11. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

It's reinvigorated me to the official line. Reminded me that good figures can still be fun to play with. To be honest since siege I've been liquidating a good portion of my 3p figures.

I like the new scale, it works great with some older CHUGs that I loved and held onto, and replaces the ones I hated. It actually feels like they listened to the fans on this line, and for the first time in a long time I'm psyched for Hasbro Transformers.

20190213_203325.jpg
    Prime is about 1/8" shorter than I'd like but I think this works pretty well.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  12. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

I'll admit Shockwave is on the small side imo. I would've liked him eye to eye with Megatron. He's been the only one(to this point) I have an issue with though.

13. Malakhov

Malakhov Well-Known Member

Siege is awesome, best line out there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tougher, tighter, more paint, heftier. I won't say they are better, since that is kind of subjective, but they do feel more substantial.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

First time I've been interested in a Transformers line in a while. I may even pick up some Micro Masters and Battle Masters for the first time, ever.

• Like Like x 1