how is shadow of colossus?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ckhtiger, Mar 5, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I know I post a lot of "what do you think of..." questions, but it's only because I figure I'm closer to the age range of posters here than other 'net places for user reviews. anyway, I thought ico was great, and while the concept of this game seems great, I read that the control kind of sucks. I'm just wondering if it'd be worth a $15-$20 purchase down the road, or if it's strictly rental material. and for the record, I like my games challenging, as long as it's authentic and not just because it sucks, like superman 64

2. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Shadow is an amazing game. I still haven't played Ico so I can't speak to how it compairs, but Shadow is one of the best games I played all last year and nothing else out there is quite like it. The controls do take a little bit of getting used to but once you do (and it doesn't take long) it's just all about enjoying the game, and it's a heck of a game. It does offer a real (as in the good kind of way) challenge since each creature is sort of its own level/puzzle/boss. So I think is easily worth a buy at full price or less for sure down the road.

And to just be all "Reading Rainbow" about it, you don't have to just take my word for it. Here's four reviews from EGM and 1UP.com. that should tell you all you need/want to know better than just I could.

http://ps2.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3144750&did=1

http://ps2.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3134836&did=2

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I tried it at a friend's house and while the graphics were vast, I found it a little too surreal...

Also the controls drove me NUTS...

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    It's an awesome game. I played some of it, and I highly recommend it. Not to mention I should still get it.

I would go into more detail, but then I'd wind up posting the three page paper I wrote about it for my Survey of Interactive Entertainment class.

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

That game almost made me get a PS2. So now I think I'll pick that game up when I get a PS3, and just play it on that.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I have a demo of it that I got a couple months ago. I tried playing it, but couldn't get into it since I had no idea what the hell was going on. One day, I'll have to go back and try it again since I know more about it now.

7. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

That game has made me want to take my PS2 back from the friend I gave it to. I love things out of scale and the idea of just running around looking for giant bosses to take down has me really interested.

8. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    That game is every bit as good as ICO is. The visuals are stunning, the gameplay is solid. The horse will get you frustrated at times, but you'll learn to reach a medium with it. The story itself is really good, especially when you start to disassemble and analyze it. I recommend it 100%.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

To juxtapose, it's no Ico, but it is a beautiful experience.