How is RobotKingdom.com

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ib4cx3pt, Jan 12, 2017.

1. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People complaining about shipping are likely based in the US. For the rest of the world, RobotKingdom is likely cheaper overall than US sellers like TFSource and BBTS more often than not.

2. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Yep. If I have to buy anything outside of the U.K. I've switched from BBTS to RK and Chimungmung. The shipping is actually less (although not great) and they are certainly far quicker and with less likelihood of a Customs sting when it arrives too. BBTS is a Customs magnet now which can make all sorts of purchases utterly uneconomic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

I'm in Canada and I've ordered quite a few MP from RK, never had any problem with them, and I usually got my figure within 1 week without getting hit by customs.

4. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to buy from RK all the time. I just stopped as i found their shipping to be absurd for certain stuff.
    I bought all my PX stuff from them as they had the best prices even with shipping for the planet x dinos.
    Still a highly recommended seller though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I've used a few times in the past, and (aside from the high shipping cost) they're a great seller. Some people here had some issues with them, but I personally had no issues at all.

6. mlbfan

mlbfan Well-Known Member

I just placed my first order with them - I live in Texas. Everything was going great! They packed it the day after the order went through then sent it off for shipment. And it has been in HongKong since 27 Dec!! Whatever is going on over there has delayed my package.

7. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

I used to order from RK a lot mainly because it seemed that they often had stock of figures hard to find elsewhere, but it's true that their prices are often pretty good.

The price advantage is significantly offset by the high cost of shipping. I guess I can't say that there's no padding in those prices, but as someone who used to live in China I can tell you that it can be relatively expensive to ship even modestly sized parcels.

I never found the packaging to be an issue, in fact probably packed with excessive caution.

After factoring in the cost of shipping and the delays inherent to overseas shipping, I decided it wasn't worth it to keep ordering from them. I'd still do it if they had a good price on a hard-to find figure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

People will probably blame it on Chinese New Year but that isn't for another two weeks. Are you sure the package was actually delivered to a carrier, instead of just having a tracking number generated? I'm often irritated recently when sellers generate a tracking number on their computer and print a label, which causes it to show up in the carrier's system, but then seemingly wait days or weeks to actually drop it off for processing.

Also, postal systems everywhere tend to be slow and inefficient, so there's that.

9. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RK is solid as a rock. My only problem with them ever was the cost to ship overseas. The only option that didn't take several weeks is pretty expensive. Sure you often get products a week or so before U.S. retail, but is that time savings worth the additional shipping cost? For me it wasn't, so I stopped using them.

10. Ozil

Ozil Commander

News Credits:
    RK is better for Canadians than BBTS/TF Source. The reason is that even with EMS shipping, it's cheaper than either one of those companies. Secondly, you don't get dinged customs fees the way you do from BBTS/TF Source

11. Cardboard Bots

Cardboard Bots Well-Known Member

A question from a Canadian:
    Is there a dollar amount (or weight) of goods that is the sweet spot for ordering from Robot Kingdom?

I haven't been able to find a retailer that I like to order from. Everything from the US runs into high shipping and customs charges. Ordering from TF-Direct has been okay, but I can get better deals on eBay. I find Canadian retailers difficult to use as their prices are expensive, included taxes, and the shipping is still high.

eBay has been my go-to place, but if price plus shipping from Robot Kingdom was better I would do that.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  12. mlbfan

mlbfan Well-Known Member

Well, every time I track the package the message is the same:
    The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 27-Dec-2016, for the Hong Kong post webpage, and
    Your item has been processed through a facility in HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG at 7:17 am on December 27, 2016, through the USA post website

And considering that right now I'm not the only one waiting weeks for a package from Hong Kong, yes, I do think it was actually delivered to a carrier. But I would like to know if I'm wrong, if anyone has any knowledge of anything different.

13. usonic

usonic Well-Known Member

Another kiwi here and I've had zero problem with RK, everything has arrived fairly quickly and well packaged.

• Like Like x 1
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Exact same thing is happening with me right now, Texas shipped Dec 27

15. OptimusNerd

OptimusNerd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have 3 orders placed after 27/Dec (1 from RK, 2 from other sellers)... 2 have already been delivered (including the one from RK) and one has not. I think it's a bit chaotic/random at the moment. While CNY doesn't officially start for a while yet, things have been "winding down" for a week or so. There was a mass glut of parcel mail from mid-Dec on, and the system (even as mass as it is) has struggled to keep up. This is what's been relayed to me by people in HK, Shanghai, etc.

Note: my stuff is going to Australia, not the US.

16. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

They are a legit company but if you're in the US, it's better to order domestic. Shipping to NY from RK usually comes out as a few dollars more. They get their products earlier but that doesn't guarantee you get it before an American store can deliver it. It comes down to a coin toss. Not to mention, the ISC (Internation Sorting Center) around here is terrible. I had an order show up 3 months late and it was crushed and the figure's leg broke off. If you care about box condition, don't take your chances with international orders.

Also, I didn't have good experiences with their customer service. When they were notified that I finally got my order 3 months later, they asked me to send pics of it. Seemed like they didn't believe me and probably wanted me to go through the trouble of sending it back to them even though they were already reimbursed by their post office. Another time I needed replacement parts and it took 9 months for me to get it from them. They asked me to place an order so they could ship the part with it which is understandable. The problem was that they forgot to include it so they asked me to order something else, but they forgot it a second time! I sent them an angry email and then they shipped the part to me.

17. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Their pricing is very reasonable but also very deceptive if you are in the states. You are very likely to get slammed on shipping. In the past, I bought a MP car bot for about $55. Sounds cheap, right? Well, the shipping was over $60 and that was just basic EMS. Took over a month to arrive. I ordered the same figure from HLJ for about the same price or a little less and shipping was under $20 for FedEx express. Had it in hand in 4 days.

I avoid Robotkingdom but that is just me and is based purely on the shipping situation. It's really going to depend on where on the planet you are located.

18. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Don't you think I tried that already? It's not working. :rolleyes: 

And the site is NOT "just like others". Most merchant sites don't have usernames PLUS email. Magento tries to be just like Amazon, and this is one of the drawbacks to it. All I need is email + pass at BTTS, TFSource, TCP, etc.

I just don't like
    - their communication
    - their slow site, and related site problems
    - or the shipping. Which, again, you don't learn about shipping rates until AFTER being forced to sign up. It feels like bait-and-switch; cheap price, crazy shipping.

What's wrong with Ages 3 and Up? I've used them several times. :) 

Nothing new to me. Happens a lot from China/HK. The tracking is worthless. It says "it left" and then shows up again to say "it's been delivered". More like delivery confirmation than tracking.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  19. Heman008

Heman008 Active Member

I placed my first order with them on Dec 27th and got it Jan 5th. Everything went smoothly, and had no problems. I'm also in TX and only ever used Nippon Yasson when ordering stuff overseas.

20. Cardboard Bots

Cardboard Bots Well-Known Member

Most often A3U seem like there prices are no better than eBay (which usually have free shipping), then I have to add on shipping to the A3U price, then pay tax on top of all that.