How is Megatron's head is alive without a spark?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Final Knight, Jul 6, 2014.

1. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

In animated megs head was put on life support after sumadac studied his entire systems and started to build a body for him but in aoe that none of that is shoen or explained so it is very debatable

2. Megatron47

Megatron47 Well-Known Member

Well Frenzy and Igor survived having their heads removed so I assume the same goes for Megatron.

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

You forget the Allspark Key brought Megatron back to life in that.

Megatron's spark is obviously not in his head. But we've seen Scorponok's tail being alive still after being severed.

My guess Megatron was brought back to life by the Allspark shard's Energon even if his Spark was destroyed. A living Allspark Mutation.

Megatron pulled a page from the Allspark's playbook. Seek a new vessel. Megatron cannot be destroyed only Transform.

4. Reask

Reask Predacon

It's always been inconsistent with the Transformers. XD While the concept for a Spark wasn't introduced in G1, it's still odd that Optimus can survive being torn apart in City of Steel, but can't survive the few blaster shots he took in the movie. And Beast Wars saw many characters dying off, despite that some members can survive decapitation and lava baths, and I'm referring to characters other than Waspinator.

But to answer this discussion, Megatron's spark was extinguished, and while a spark may contain the memories of a Cybertronian, they might have a lot of back up personality in their brains. The humans probably should've found that back up processor and fried it before they built Galvatron.

5. Megatron47

Megatron's spark was extinguished? Which film are we talking about? I thought his body remained intact in Dark of the Moon? either way I've just seen Age of Extinction Brains quite clearly stated that Megatron wasn't as dead as the humans thought, so as his head was still clearly active Megatron must have had back up personality in his brain.

6. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Adverbs like "not as dead" doesn't change the fact he is dead. It'd be like if someone died, his kidney was harvested and saying the donor is alive because the transplant patient got aids from his kidney

7. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is a plausible explanation. I think tonyformer also offered the same idea. There's a shot of Galvatron "electrifying" the other KSI models, like he were some Allspark-like entity (?).

8. Megatron47

Well I guess it was just the way Brains was explaining it but either way Megatron was still alive, it was quite clear in the movie that he didn't die. Plus it proves he's still pretty much active if he was playing the humans to create the Galvatron body for himself.

9. JohnRedcorn

News Credits:
    Not sure if anyone noticed or heard the line in the background when they showed Galvatron o the surgical table - ".. continue head disfigurement... ". Not sure if they said disfigurement or configurement, any thoughts?

10. Megatron47

Well I'm not sure about that? To be honest If I'm honest I can't remember. I mean why would KSI want to continue head disfigurement? Was it the fact they were pissed because Megatron was manipulating them to make the Galvatron face look more like his do you think?

11. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Most likely, yes

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

They've been trying to find out why it isn't taking the looks of Optimus' face.

They are too stupid to realize being hooked to Megatron is causing Galvatron to look like him.

13. JohnRedcorn

News Credits:
    So what happened to Megatron's head during the raid?

14. Megatron47

To be honest I'm not sure? But now that Megatron has transferred his mind into the Galvatron body surely his old head will be now inactive?

15. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I assume Galvatron wasn't hand assembled. Most likely his transforium was programed to assume a form similar to Megatron just like how the KSI employees were able to get transforium to turn into anything they want

16. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When did he say that?

Anyway... the conversation between Galvatron and Optimus explained that the whole idea of Sparks is that they contained the memories and life force of the Transformers. So if Brains did say that then its a direct contradiction to what Optimus said.

Plot point for TF7. If Galvatron's body and head is destroyed they can always say the old Megatron head still has aspects of him.

17. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Unless you think of it in a human way, brains can be kept alive for a certain period of time. Brains of many different organisms have been kept alive in-vitro for hours and even days. Maybe Transformers have ways of keeping their brains active for a certain period, like four years for Megatron after DOTM, before they eventually die out.

18. hup2thepenguin

hup2thepenguin Beagle.in.red

It doesn't really need to be alive, per se. Think of the brain as a hard drive, you can have a computer broken but the memory stays on the drive if it's intact. Hooking it up to a new computer (or body) would allow access to the old memories. Remember, Transformers don't decay like organic matter.

19. diablo03

diablo03 Member

I was wondering the same thing...I guess that explanation makes sense. Thanks

20. ultramason

ultramason Banned