How I think Hasbro can create a Unified Universe With Bumblebee reboot.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by James Sutterlin, Mar 10, 2019.

1. James Sutterlin

James Sutterlin Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    So as I sit working on my vid game solo I often start thinking about other things I care about. Transformers sits right at the front and wanting their success so kids can have the same joy I do with the Franchise. With Marvel and DC universes out there I got an Idea. Bumblebee was a kick ass movie and I would like to see the others lead to the G.I. Joe crew helping and getting tech from the Autobots as time goes off to take them to space to relaunch the franchise with Spacebridge Tech etc. Earth I think just for G.i. Joe earth wars hit to close to home with all the conflict going on to keep them on this planet. Then we get M.A.S.K who take some newfound Cybertronian tech and Modify their stuff and have MERC vs MERC type of action. Last there's Micronauts which I know very little about. So feel in that blank there.

2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Eh, I kind of hope they don't try to bring other Hasbro properties into the Bumblebee universe. The track record of Hollywood cinematic universes hasn't been great. At this point pretty much all of them have failed except Marvel's. Could Hasbro do it well? Sure, anyone could, but history suggests they won't do it well. I'd prefer just to have a solid series of Transformers movies, and let those other properties exist on their own.

• Like Like x 14
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

Turn Sector 7 into GI Joe/EDC and I guess it could work.

But I'd rather we not jump right back into making a Cinematic Universe after TLK pretty much was supposed to be the launch point and failed hard enough to kill its own franchise. Just because Marvel is doing it doesn't mean everybody else has to, and the track record of other studios (or Disney themselves given Star Wars is not in a good place thanks to these efforts) shows that a good, strong film with strong sequels, instead of this 'linked film' crap, could stand to profit big.

• Like Like x 7
  4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Basically my thoughts too. Simple sequels have been profitable for decades, but cinematic universes are...honestly kind of a failed experiment at this point. I think we've seen enough to know they're just another Hollywood fad. Marvel's is successful, but no one else's have really worked out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Yeah, the whole shared-universe thing needs to be let go of already. The fact that Marvel/Disney's own longtime rivals - the ones whom you'd think would be most qualified and logical a contender to create a cinematic universe with which to stand alongside the MCU - are now essentially abandoning that gravy train should be an omen.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
    Oh no thank you. Hasbro live action movies tend to be mediocre to horrendously bad on average. A bunch of films that have all been mediocre to horrendously bad crammed into one does not sound appealing.

Although I have decent expectations for the M.A.S.K film.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Burnout

It worked with the Marvel films simply because that's the nature of the beast Marvel pioneered originally with the comics - a bunch of stand alone titles that covered heroes and ultimately had them link up for a crossover spectacular. The films worked much the same way - each film the equivalent to one story arc in the comics, maybe with ties to the big finale, but the setting was shared across the board. More importantly, with the exception of the team up films (Avengers namely but also technically Cap. Am. Civil War), you don't necessarily need to see the other films to enjoy each film on their own merits. At least in theory, but since the idea was so novel at the time that it wasn't too much of a hastle to see all the films that preceed the team-up. I personally still haven't actually seen Iron Man 3 and it certainly hasn't taken away from my overall enjoyment of the franchise.

The issue with everybody trying to pull this cinematic universe shit after Marvel is well entrenched is causing issues because movie tickets are not cheap, but suddenly you have all these studios trying to put out linked films that they want you to see all of, in order to understand where the overall plot stands by team up at the end? That makes it more difficult for the general audience to go out and be able to enjoy any films because you are, in a sense, no longer getting a full stand-alone film anymore with the more recent entries.

It also doesn't help that most of the cinematic universe attempts are generally trash. Dark Universe more or less is the prime candidate for why trying to do a cinematic universe first, standalone film second is a certain disaster but TLK certainly follows suit.

Pretty much.

• Like Like x 3
  8. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    What other cinematic universes have there been that were comprised of more than just sequels and prequels? I can only think of Marvel, DC, and maybe Star Wars, though even Star Wars could still be thought of as a sequence of movies...

9. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    Transformers tried a Cinematic Universe with the writers room and all, and it never got off the ground. Universal tried one with their monsters, and the same thing happened. Sony tried one with only Spider-Man and his lore (the Amazing Spider-man movies). Even DC has pretty much admitted defeat at this point, and just said their movies are going to be standalone.

At this point most franchises with name recognition seem to have played around with the idea of having a shared universe. I suspect that even movies like Pacific Rim Uprising (which I actually loved) were testing the waters. Most of them didn't make it past one or two movies though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. James Sutterlin

James Sutterlin Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    We can do it with Cartoons as well. Probably a better format IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  11. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy The Man With No Shame

Tie G.I.JOE with the Transformers and I think we got a universe.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Marvel did it well by building up slowly instead of jumping in with both feet. The whole thing started with an after credits scene back in the days when people were not used to sticking around after the credits started. Godzilla seems to be following this whole slow build so fingers crossed the build up to Godzilla fighting the big name monsters will be worth the wait.

Hopefully it will just be Easter Eggs and after credit scenes while Hasbro and Paramount get back up to speed on what ticket buyers are looking for. They need to factor in something might fail like Marvel/Disney did with their risky films instead of going all in too soon like Universal did with their Dark Universe.

• Like Like x 2
  13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Honestly, GIJoe should have been sector 7 from the first movie. Hell, the first movie should have been a gijoe/Transformers movie, which it basically was in all but name.

Blackout attacks secret base codenamed "Joe". Duke and Roadblock play their parts. Same movie with renamed roles.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Captain Lennox and his team is literally GI Joe without the name. It would've been so easy to turn them into the Joe team or at lease homage it.

Personally I think its too late for GI Joe. The socio-political climate in America isn't exactly friendly to what GI Joe represents. Better to let Joe hibernate for awhile longer. But MASK is a total fit. Campy as hell, cool helmet AND transforming vehicles? Like literally the tech in MASK could be developed from Cybertronian tech and it would be a nice fit.

But before we even do that we would need a successful MASK movie first. Otherwise it would be too easy to fall into that Cinematic Universe trap and crash and burn.

• Like Like x 2
  15. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Partly I'm hoping it's revealed that the Fate/Furious Franchise has been leading up to M.A.S.K. this whole time. Those films will then be incorporated into the Hasbro Universe.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Autobot Burnout

Josh Duhamel should have his own action starring role if you ask me - dude was born to play Duke. It still disgusts me they had to drag Mark Whalberg in for a completely invented father role in AoE when they already had one with Lennox. Timeskip and a distanced daughter who hates the robots because he father spent more time fighting them than with her growing up? No, we need fading star power and a completely pointless conversation about legalized sex with minors that completely ignores the fact the daughter was actually legal age under Texas state law!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

What a horrible idea.

• Like Like x 3
  18. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I'd like to see a Transformers/Fast and Furious crossover as long as it doesn't take place in the regular FF universe.

19. CorePrime

CorePrime Well-Known Member

Bayverse is dead. Bury it. Move on, people.

• Like Like x 4
  20. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No thanks, Hasbro is not ready for live action crossovers yet...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019