How does it feel like to be a bayformers fan...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by beastfanboi, Jun 23, 2021.

1. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee dont reach for the stars youll burn up and die

YouTube (Old):
    I mean I get your opinion but many people love bayformers just like g1, bw, rid01, ut trilogy, animated, prime and cyberverse etc and if you don't like bay then dislike it or whatever but going into random movie discussions to say 'bayformers suck end of discussion' is really useless and doesn't add anything to the talk

• Like Like x 7
  2. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

The Fallen is being considered and Scorn is being made for around 24/25 according to Wreckgar. Slug and Strafe will probably follow. As to why they’re waiting so long? I have no damn clue lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    The fact the main villain of the second film is simply being considered kind of says a lot.

• Like Like x 3
  4. cybeast

cybeast Not Spinister, But Punster

But I'm not American.

5. Revoticus

Revoticus Still a Big Combaticon fan

HasTak is playing the long game, if they finished up the characters too early then the fans that are only interested in some parts of the continuity will peace out.

Making them wait will hook them for longer and they(WE) will buy other things to fill that hole in the collection in the meantime.

• Like Like x 4
  6. TheDude810

I mean considering they also made a massive combiner of a character from the same film, I’m more willing to chalk it up to one of Hasbro’s many inconsistent decisions, like with that Armada Prime or Gears figure that were pushed back/undecided.

It’s ridiculous they haven’t done The Fallen yet though, since they’ve done several characters from RotF and were willing to take an inarguably bigger risk by making Devastator. They’ve done several other main antagonists too (MV1 Megatron, Sentinel, Shockwave, Lockdown), so it’s decisions like these where HasTak just drags their feet on certain stuff that I will always find kind of weird.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Revoticus

Revoticus Still a Big Combaticon fan

I think Hasbro has better hopes for Devastator on the market because of the A) wow factor, B) the fact that people who were disappointed with their first attempt at Devastator would definitely buy combining Constructicons with their own robot modes and C) it was the first time some of the robot CG designs got translated on a larger scale than Legends class.

On the other hand, The Fallen already has a pretty good non-legends toy HFTD (except for the colors) so he is not in need of an update yet unlike guys who have not been produced in toy form before. The fact that he doesn't have an actual alternate mode makes it even harder to sell unlike other none alternate mode guys like Shockwave who has a bigger name recognition .

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheDude810

That is true that the old HFTD figure is pretty good and holds up really well (hell he even has the removable face), but he only really exists on the aftermarket at this point. I would honestly like if they simply re-released an improved version of that mold with movie-accurate paint, though I don’t know if they’d ever actually do that (Come to think of it, would they still have the molds?).

As for popularity, though, I’d say The Fallen has some name recognition considering it’s in the title of the movie he’s in lol.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    That turned 12 today.

• Like Like x 2
  10. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Am late to the party, but as a Bayformers fan, I can simply sum it up as - it was a great ride while it lasted! TF1 and RoTF were my favourites partly because of the designs. Most who come from a G1 background hated them, but I came from G1 too and loved them. I'm in the small minority of humans who don't like familiar things (like even though I have favourite foods, I'm not keen on having it regularly, as I'd rather be constantly trying different things). I guess you can say I'm adventurous and keen on new ideas, so the different aesthetic appealed to me. They felt believable to me as an advanced race of alien robots. I collected every figure that was issued from these 2 movies.

But then it all went downhill. The designs became caricatures and cliches of pop culture, and most characters looked simply like metal humans. Whilst I understand that Transformers have always been humanoid in the cartoons, comics and what not, having seen the rather unique ideas from the first two movies probably 'spoiled' me somewhat and the reversion to humanoid-centric designs felt like a retrogade step. It didn't help that the robots became sleeker with less moving parts, once again it just felt like giant men in metallic suits.

From a scientific perspective, most experts believe that if we do ever encounter alien life forms, it will definitely not look anything like us. So it goes to reason that if a race of transforming robots actually existed, they shouldn't be looking like glorified versions of us. You know, the perfectly proportioned torsos, puffed chest, upper arm muscles, mouths, etc. That was the biggest issue I had since DoTM onwards. So slowly fell out of love with the franchise and stopped collecting altogether.

Even though I like the Studio Series, I just can't get myself to buy Transformers anymore. The spark and interest has died. Am ambivalent towards Bumblebee 2018. As a movie, yes it was great. But the designs have me on the fence. I don't hate it, nor do I really love it. Feels a tad too blocky for me. Once again, being someone who likes new things, I'm not terribly excited about re-living G1 from my childhood - so while I'll definitely watch Rise of the Beasts and give it a chance, that will be about it.

It will not give me the excitement I felt in 2007 and 2009.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  11. SuperSunnyDee

SuperSunnyDee Sense is like cheesecake.

It feels pretty good to be a Bayformers fan for me personally. I mean I’m not head over heels for the movies but they were my introduction to the franchise and I’ll always have a soft spot for them.

This era was pretty popular and jump started the franchise in a way I don’t think could be rivaled by anything less than the actual inception of the franchise back in the 80s.

As someone who somewhat enjoys the movies, it sucks to come to terms with the quality that that they really are. Sucks even more to come across fans that celebrate the death of something that you will always fondly remember and like. But hey, apparently that’s something that happened when G1 was being overlooked in favor for the new film aesthetic. So what goes around comes around I guess?

I don’t have any worries about new merchandise about them either. The films were popular and have their place in history so they’ll likely be homaged endlessly at some point.

Yeah, I feel alright being a Bayformers fan. I know this thread started as a joke I guess but this was a nice introspection for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Well-Known Member

Being a Bayformers fan is awesome.

I love knowing that all the dweebs are perpetually upset about them, especially knowing that Bayformers is by far the most popular Transformers thing ever, and as far as most people are concerned, it IS Transformers.

And sure, they didn't finish the series cause it dipped in popularity, but it'll be back eventually. Nostalgia prints money.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware losing money made something popular since, y'know, TLK happened.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Well-Known Member

Solo bombed at the box office and Rise of Skywalker underperformed, but all the Star Wars geeks are still hyped about the upcoming stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    The person who was in charge of Lucasfilm? Her contract isn't getting renewed, she's getting the boot while George Lucas himself reportedly has been drafted back to right the ship. The reason the 'geeks' are hyped is because the Sequel Trilogy continuity is getting removed from canon and people who actually give a shit about the OT stuff that people actually like is returning.

• Like Like x 4
  16. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee dont reach for the stars youll burn up and die

YouTube (Old):
    Say sike, this is too good to be true, ADMIRAL ACKBARS DEATH ISNT CANON

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheDude810

As much as I'd like for this to be the case, this video is (likely) complete BS. There's this massive culture of Star Wars YouTubers who have dedicated their entire channels to perpetuating these completely false *breaking* justice story headlines of Kathleen Kennedy getting fired for almost two years now.

I swear if I had a nickel for every time Mike Zeroh or Justin Is Lost reported on a bullshit scoop regarding Kathleen Kennedy's "firing" or the "erasure of the Sequels," I'd have more money than Chapek, Kathleen, and Lucas combined. I'm fairly sure if this specific video is one of those. The "Kathleen Kennedy gets owned" and "Jon Favreau saves the franchise" are trademark red flags.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 ACCESS FLASH

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    YouTube (Old):
    Sorry to disappoint you Burnout, but that's entirely untrue. Disney's CEO and other Lucasfilm reps have said that Kathleen Kennedy is here to stay, and so are the sequels. I'm fine, as long as we keep getting good stuff with Mando era TV and Bad Batch. Doomcock and other similar YouTubers have time and time again proven to be untrustworthy sources.

• Like Like x 8
  19. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I fail to see how TLK not making as much as the rest also somehow makes the movies unpopular. The first 4 made a ton, AOE less so domestically, with DOTM and AOE making over a billion when that was still a big deal. Plus Studio series is going strong with MPMs being made fairly consistently as well. TLK was just a bad film and it's box office doesn't somehow condemn everything before it.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  20. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Bay film legacy isn't going to be tarnished simply because of one film. Just like how the MCU isn't going to be if one of their films doesn't stack up to another (i.e. Ant-Man and the Wasp vs. Infinity War/Black Panther).

Actually scratch what I said, I'm confused.:lol  This movie bad because it didn't make enough money? Man, we are really trying to justify every corner for why this and why that.

• Like Like x 6