How does everyone feel about Frank Welker voicing Galvatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JoshimusPrime20, Jun 24, 2014.

1. JoshimusPrime20

JoshimusPrime20 Autobot

News Credits:
    I know pretty much everyone has heard that Frank Welker will be voicing Galvatron in Transformers 4 but how does everyone feel about it?

2. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Let me hear him first, then I'll have a proper opinion.

3. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay should have chose Frank Welker when he began the movie series to begin with

4. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Oh I'd like him to laugh at some point.

5. BladeStorm

BladeStorm All Prime, All the time!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Depends which voice he uses.

I really like his Transformers Prime Megs, so if it is close to that I'll be happy.

He's so diverse in his range and a fan favourite it would have been silly for Bay not to use him.

Hearing him alongside Peter Cullen will hopefully be AWESOME! They've always complemented each other in other versions of the franchise.

6. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just having his name attached is a good thing. I have nothing but faith in it. You can probably ask the question in the "seen it already" thread too.

7. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I'm somewhat concerned. Don't get me wrong, Frank Welker is an amazing guy, what a talented voice actor. It's just that in these movies, with the exception of Soundwave, he's only been playing characters that grunt and make noises, rather than talk. If Galvatron actually talks for the majority of his appearances, I'll be extremely happy. If it's like Shockwave, well, then I'll be disappointed. But I'm sure it won't be like Shockwave, and he'll actually have more lines than grunts.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

He's got a good range of voices he can do and he's been a voice actor long enough to really know how to something out of his lines so I'm just fine with getting Frank Welker to come up with a live action Galvatron voice.

My real concern would be how many lines does he get and how well written are those lines?

9. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Although in honesty, I don't expect him to be anything more than the muffled voice of Galvatron's remote pilot coming through some speaker on the body frame

10. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone that have seen the movie confirms that he gets some lines and what he sounds?

11. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    Hopefully he'll do it as G1 season 3/4 Galvatron, insanity and all....

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I still disagree that Bay should have used Frank Welker as Movie Megatron. He doesn't have the deepness and power needed for this Megatron.

Hugo Weaving was fine, but someone like Clancy Brown or Miguel Ferrer would have been way better.

14. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Clancy Brown would have been BOSS. I swear I don't know why he doesn't get to voice more villains... his Lex Luthor is one of the greatest voices in the history of cartoon villainy.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He's typecast as villains for the most part. He was Silas in Prime and Destro in GI Joe: Renegades and many more.

But yeah Clancy Brown as Megatron would be so boss, it's the voice I use when I read Megatron in the comics.

16. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amen to that. I love Frank Welker, but I could never get used to his voice if it came out of movie Megatron. IIRC, he was used as Megatron in one of the old movie games and it just did not match that design at all. Imagining Clancy Brown as Megatron only makes me sad, because I really dislike the generic forced growly voice that Megatron uses.

To be honest, a lot of the movie baddies use generic growly voices. Especially Soundwave- the trait that made his voice stand out was always the effects behind it, not just Frank Welker's Dr. Claw voice. Starscream was the same way in the beginning but his voice was much higher in DOTM and I loved it. Made his scene with Sam stand out so much more. It worked for Sentinel, but you could tell the growly sound wasn't forced too much because Nimoy has a pretty raspy voice naturally.

So in the end, I think I'd just prefer that Welker use his old Megatron or Galvatron voice. Maybe Prime Megatron, since that one was deep but had some range in moments with a lot of emotion. Just not another Dr. Claw voice...

17. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    John DiMaggio would also Do Megatron Justice. But only it was a Low-Pitched version of his Galactus, but Crossed-over with his Faceless Hunter.

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I forgot he did those roles, he was good in both of those. He's actually a decent actor, enjoyed his roles ever since Captain Hadley in Shawshank.

I was hoping he would get considered for Lex Luthor in the new Superman movies... I understand why he's typecast for villians!

19. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Hugo weaving was awesome in the 2nd and 3rd movies. The first one he was just a roaring movie monster. Welker is a great voice actor, but he's not very nuanced with his "scary voices"... I loved the inflections weaving gave megatron.

Welker's galvatron voice was horrible. Sounded more like an angry smurf than a psychotic despot.

20. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Shockwave had 4 or 5 non-grunting, non-cybertronian lines, you just had to have subtitles on to understand them...