How do you think this continuity should end?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by slochmoeller, Jul 18, 2014.

1. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

So, let's assume for the moment that the current plan is to take this film series to six, finishing the second trilogy, (which hopefully will take AoE's lead and be the "post-Great War" trilogy) after which the series will probably be up for reboot. (I'm not arguing that's not what should happen, just taking for granted that's what's probably going to happen.) What do you think would be a proper and fitting end to this iteration of Transformers?

My two cents:

Earth becomes a true home for the Transformers: The theme running through every movie is the idea of the Transformers making a new home on earth, informing things like how the autobots intend to do that vs how the Decepticons intend to do that, and how/if they can co-exist with the humans. I felt even AoE was about this, and even indeed an important point in this theme, as Attinger's actions forced Optimus to abandon this idea, at least until Cade helped him re-embrace it. So, I think it would be fitting if, at the end, earth became a true, unambiguous home for the Transformers. For my moneny, that means I'd love to see Autobot city being built on earth, in a beautiful part of the Rocky mountains, worked on by both Autobots and humans. That's what I think a happy ending looks like for this series.

The Transformers finally reunify: The end of Dark of the Moon seemed to pretty unambiguously end the Autobot Decepticon war, and AoE has not revearsed this, (even if it set the stage for that revearsal to happen later.) We've done that war, I want to see what happens next. And, not to grind an Idealogical axe, but I'd really like to see them do the IDW thing where the lines have blurred and at least some decepticons can become good. therefore, TF5 shouldn't really be the resumption of buisness as usual where the autobots battle Galvatron's new Decepticons. Sure, there could be some mileage to be had with Galvatron trying his darndest to try to start the war again, but it shouln't work for him. Perhaps because his forces are drones, or, if they are more than drones, they just don't share his war mindset. They were born on earth, and therefore wouldn't feel the cybertronian reasons for war personally. But more than that, The real threat should be the creators and their forces. So even if Galvatron wanted to start trouble, he'd find he'd not be the main concern on OPtimus's plate, and likely have to team up to fight the creators themselves. (And in my wildest dreams, I'd like to see a full rip off of IDW, where in Galvatron is injured by the creators forces but saved by Bumblebee. Bumblebee in turn finally gets through to galvatron how futile his war mongering has been, that he's forgotten why he fought in the first place. And then when Bumblebee is killed in battle, Galvatron takes Bumblebee's autobot insignia and proclaims himself and autobot, and helps optimus beat the creators.)

2. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

this would be so corny man...

idealy what we would get is the transformers leaving earth completely so that they can rebuild cybertron. Galvatron, unicron, the creators, whoever else would be defeated for good allowing the autobots to leave the planet.

3. slochmoeller

Well, that did actually happen in the comics. Megatron is an autobot now. Soundwave didn't take it very well.

I'm pretty sure Cyberton was destroyed at the end of DOTM. And I just don't think "going back to Cybertron" is a meaningful way to pay off the "earth is our home now" theme.

4. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Sam and co. unite with Cade and co. to help the Autobots, and eventually Decepticons, defeat Unicron (not sure how to encorporate him yet. But that's the writer's job, not mine)

Both factions, but specifically Optimus and Galvatron, cease fire and the latter heads to Cybertron (which wasn't destroyed, just damaged) to rebuild their home. Hope for both the human race and the Cybertronians is restored. A new human-TF alliance is created and any friendly TF is welcome on Earth.

That was just off the top of my head. More details can always be added

And yes, I kind of stole the ending from the DOTM novel. That was a perfect ending to the movie continuity.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My bad gut feeling is they will keep milking the franchise until it ends up like the Star Trek franchise. Something that might have a good point to end at but Paramount will keep wanting to crank out one more movie.

For the people who enjoy these films I hope it all ends on a high point eventually, but it seems likely that it will all end on a point that leaves everyone unhappy.

6. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

When your wallet is nothing but ash... then, the franchise will have the box office's permission to die.

7. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    The Autobots conquer Australia and cyberform it. They call it Little Cybertron. They Autobots retire. Optimus becomes a P.I. Hound opens his own paint ball assault course and dance studio. Drift hosts his own bladed weapons show on the History Channel. Crosshairs founds and hosts his own MMA league. Bumblebee becomes a stunt coordinator for television and movies.

8. Ramjet21

Ramjet21 Well-Known Member

The Transformers find a way to revitalize Cybertron with a relic that the Quintessons possess.

I definitely think Cybertron is still in play when you consider how it was always depicted in the cartoon as having a large chunk missing due to war. Portray it that way due to the backfire from the space bridge.

9. Combaticon711

Combaticon711 SPARTAN-II

It should've ended with DotM; there was no need for AoE in terms of continuity.

10. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Continuity has been a problem for all the sequels

11. slochmoeller

I feel like there should be an image macro Christopher Walken telling Penguin "Don't worry about it" when the latter asks how he can be elected mayor when he missed the election. Something like that would work here.

"Seed? Didn't the allspark create the Transformers?"

<Christopher Walken>Don't worry about it.</Christopher Walken>

12. cadenheadr04

cadenheadr04 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This continuity should end with the largest 3 hr explosion that cinema has ever seen. Maximize lens flares, use every sound effect in the book with Unicron's evil voice monologueing how he destroyed the universe.

13. TheYearIs2005

TheYearIs2005 Well-Known Member

To answer the OP, If you're going to end it big then do Unicron. Or some form of city -former. You need something really big as character and story are not the franchise strong points.

Ash and Dragonzzilla knocked it on the head.
    If this continues to make money, there will be no end. You could potentially have to wait til Transformers 9. With the back log of Transformer history/mythology you could keep introducing new things.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think it has to end, per say. Just... stop making movies or stories or comics or whatever set in that universe. The great thing is, if you create a universe "alive" enough in terms of characters, settings, and motivations, people can invent their own stories, even if only in their heads. Hell, that's what kids have been doing since... basically forever. If it has an end, it has an end, but for Transformers, it almost never truly ends.

15. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

Optimus realizes that the human race being the super douchebags we are isn't worth saving so he just lets us blow ourselves up, and then there is an epilogue showing a thriving cybertronian civilization now on earth (new cybertron) util jazz and wheeljack and sparkplug can purify evil draining ion spheres.

16. Spiderbite

Spiderbite Well-Known Member

Optimus somehow manages to get the "secret" to creating Transformers from the creators, which he uses to make the Matrix act as sort of a new Allspark mixed with the Seed; basically a "just-add-planet" key to recreate a world as Cybertron and populate it; but unlike the Allspark, what the Matrix can create is beings that are fully sapient and not feral.

But Optimus is still unsure whether he should use it. He realizes the capacity to cast the universe into darkness again. He's lost faith in his own kind overall, as he continues to lose friends. In his travels in space, he's managed to find more Autobots, including one young, reckless bot named Hot Rod. While his brashness worries Optimus, he finds his youthful attitude almost refreshing, and he feels the capacity for greatness is within him--and inspires a glimmer of hope for a new generation of Cybertronians.

Optimus leads his crew back to earth, where he plans for himself to spend out the rest of his days, protecting it from whatever coming threats to it.Optimus finds the Earth Autobots against the wall with Galvatron's Decepticon army, which he's raised through both signaling Decepticons from deep space, and rebuilding his dead army through KSI engineering.Realizing Optimus has returned with the key to recreating Cybertron,he sets out to face him and steal it himself. He decides to hold a very familiar city hostage to draw out Optimus.

Optimus and Galvatron have one last battle, this time in Mission City again.But Optimus has grown tired of the war, and wishes to give Galvatron one last chance. But Galvatron isn't having it, and tears into him. Optimus manages to use the last of his strength and beat him into submission and utterly humble him. Finally, he begins to remove his Matrix and plunge it into Galvatron's chest, like what killed Megatron. But this time, it instead causes a surge of thoughts in his head; the wisdom of the Matrix. For the first time, he feels the suffering he's caused as both Megatron and Galvatron. Visions of a dying Cybertron, countless wardead bots fill his mind.

At the end of the vision, we see a look of horror on Galvatron's face. As Optimus shakily removes the Matrix from the gaping hole in his chest, we see a pulsing, newform spark inside it, his body now forming a patch to conceal it. Optimus has given him a spark, a soul of his own. Furthermore, he's given him another gift; he is now a living "allspark" himself, with the ability to create life, too. Optimus tells him to use his new life to create his own home, far from earth, and to do no harm to any other race, warning him that if he is ever to abuse his gift, there would be terrible repercussions. The re-re-reborn Galvatron, having underwent an epiphany, understands, and declares the war over. He orders his troops to retreat with him, and bids Optimus a final farewell before lamenting that their paths destroyed a friendship.

The life ebbs from Optimus' body. The Autobots and their human allies gather around him. He lets the matrix free from his hand, where it floats and hovers towards Hot Rod.He has a few parting words with his friends. The Autobots carry his body and take it through the streets so they may eventually transport it for funerary procedures. The other humans watch in awe, knowing now that Optimus saved them, and that he was never evil. Many of them survivors of the battle of '07. They come out to catch a glimpse of his body, some watching from the side lines, others going as far to join in the funerary procession. The visual should be breathtaking and somber, with the street gradually filling up until it's teeming with people.

Hot Rod inherits the Matrix and decides to set off into space to discover a barren, dead world to create as a new Cybertron. All but a few Earth Autobots set off with him, as they decide to keep Earth their home,namely Bumblebee, as Optimus would've. The final scene of the series would be a brief flash forward centuries later of an aged Rodimus returning to earth; which has become a technological paradise through the cooperation of both worlds. Even Galvatron's world is in cooperation with New Cybertron, though there are occasional tensions. We see Rodimus' party is composed of even more different looking Transformers, some big, some small; a new generation born on a new planet. Some do look like ones we've seen before, but there's also Transtech and even technorganic looking bots--products of Earth/Cybertron scientific exchange. As they set off the ship and onto the docking station, where both human and Autobot figures(possibly protoforms born on Earth) are their to meet them. They are welcomed by a curiously named Ambassador Witwicky, and with that, the book closes on the 2007 movie era(for us anyway.)

tl;dr: Optimus dies, Galvatron repents, Rodimus founds a new Cybertron and they all live happily ever after.

17. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Unicron :rock 

18. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

:jawdropper: 

that was bootiful mang.

I luh you.

19. ultramason

ultramason Banned

20. bumblebee22

bumblebee22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want the final scene in the bayformers to be of a kid in the 80's playing with his transformers.
    His name will be Mike. he'll be smashing his Optimus Prime and Megatron action figures together as if they were fighting. He then pulls them apart and starts speaking in Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime voice "this war has gone on long enough Megatron." Then he starts speaking in Frank Welker's Megatron voice "for once we agree Optimus" then in the background you hear a mother yell "Mike stop playing with your toys and go help your father outside". Mike throws the toys down and runs outside. As soon as he leaves the toys stand up, Optimus Prime transforms and Megatron rides him off into the sunset.

*on a serious side note they really need to make a Toy Story Movie with Transformers.