How do you think the death(s) were handled? (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ArtistOfWar59, Jun 29, 2014.

1. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

How do you think the deaths in the movie were handled, compared to other movies? Not really the death of any baddies (unless you felt attached to them and were saddened by their passing), but more specifically any human or Autobot deaths? Were there any in particular that stand out to you or made you even get a tiny bit emotional?

2. Zikmaster1000

Zikmaster1000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Ratchet's of course was emotional, he was one of the original five introduced in the first movie and for the other two he had smaller background parts, but his horrific death did get me especially since he also refused to give Prime's location, while I didn't like the fact Ratchet died, his death was well done and very emotional. Jazz's death in the first movie was quick and only happened because they needed to have Megatron kill an Autobot to show his menace, however it would have been better if Jazz was given more character and screen time because then the audience would know him better. Jetfire sacrificed himself to give a damaged and newly revived Optimus the power to defeat the Fallen. Wheeljack was a bit weak, if they were going to go for an emotional impact his character should have been showcased more, but his death was still sad. Ironhide was done well emotionally but should have been done a little better. By that I mean that Ironhide's death was saddening and shocking (more so to those not spoiled by the adaption leaks). however his death would have had an even bigger emotional impact if it showed a couple scenes of Optimus and the other Autobot grieving and mourning the loss of their friend. At least in AOE they fixed that by showing Optimus and the other Autobots reacting to Ratchet's death. I was surprised no other Autobots were killed in the movie, however I do believe and understand that if the reason is because they've basically killed off all the other Autobots except for Optimus, Bumblebee, Hound, Drift, Crosshairs and Brains.

3. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    Lucas' death was scary as hell.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Didn't shed a tear for Ratchet. Didn't like the character that much.

Lucas's death.....i hated him but goddamn that was harsh.

5. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet death was handled very well, and since leadfoot wasn't that important of a character, the video clip sufficed. As for the reasoning behind those two being the ones to die I have a theory:
    Hasbro wanted a new cast except for prime and bee, so they simply stated that all autobots were in hiding, and that the main 5 bots were all that could be assembled at the time. However bay/Krueger wanted some autobot death scenes, to show how messed up things are. That's why they chose ratchet, he's been there from the beginning, he's never wanted to harm any human, and he's a medic: all the ingredients for an emotional death. As for leadfoot, I think they chose to show him die because he and crosshairs not only share the same voice actor, but the same voice!, would be pretty confusing to have them in a battle zone together. I also believe someone high up set a rule of no more than two autobot deaths per film, and bay might have wanted to save sideswipe or the other wreckers for another film(not Dino though, cuz something tells me Ferrari and hasbro/bay aren't the best of friends). So basically I believe that bay himself isn't sure whether sideswipe or the other wreckers are gonna come back, but he left it As a possibility in case he wants them to.

6. ironguymanpie

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I felt very bad for Lucas, he reminded me of some of my best friends so I kinda felt like Cade when he saw what happened to Lucas. I felt bad for Tessa too, cuz Lucas himself said he was like an uncle to her. He might have been lazy, but he was a good guy with good intentions, and the first human character in the entire film series who's death saddened me

7. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Ratchet's death was handled very well for me. To me it was emotional and well thought out. He was an Autobot until the end. It also gave Optimus a huge emotional impact in the story and it really justified reaction unlike the other movies where he barely showed much reaction at all, though I'm assuming he did mourn Ironhide behind the scenes.

Lucas' death was very harsh but it showed the reality of the situation, how dangerous Lockdown was, and that the movie was VERY dark. It was a shock for me.

8. ironguymanpie

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, another thing that made ratchets death so powerful was that not only was it emotional, but it added to the story, unlike ironhides death, which was just him dying, and nothing really happened. It felt like know one even noticed he was gone

9. OptimusOmega9

OptimusOmega9 Ninja Bot

First Jazz, then Arcee, next Ironhide, & now Ratchet, those deaths make depress.

10. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Watching those dinosaurs running knowing what was going to happen..........left my vision bit blurred :cry 

11. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    This. The deaths in this movie were handled extremely well.

12. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Oh yea man.. Lucas... Was... like shiver down my spines man. Ratchet, and Leadfoot were sad to since they kept begging for mercy and saying "Were autobots!"

I'm pretty used to Optimus killing his enemies in gruesome ways, but splitting Lockdown from chest up to his head was pretty... intense as well.

13. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Lucas' death was my favourite. That creepy burnt metal that he turned into was a really dark image for a TF film.

14. ironguymanpie

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, it broke my heart hearing ratchet and leadfoot both say "I'm an autobot" that was probably the final words of the other autobots who got hunted down. The fact that they were gunned down by members of a species they gave their life for, and asked for nothing in return, but it isn't unrealistic, there are certainly people like that in real life.

15. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

So Bay can bring back megs 3 times now but we cant get Jazz back...

WTF!!!!

16. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Do you really want "What's crackin', lil' bitches?" and "This looks like a pretty cool place to kick it" Jazz back? Good riddance, I say.

17. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well, technically he's only been brought back from the dead twice, not three times.

18. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Ratchet's was the best movie death out of all the films combined. Lucas's was nightmare fuel, but in a good way.

19. Muramasa

Muramasa Well-Known Member

Ratchet's death was depressing. Getting shot to pieces, Lockdown ripping out his spark and his remains getting smelted. By Primus!

20. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

never said he died 3x...said brought back..SMH

stayed true to the original as jass used jive talk in G1...it was just as weird then as it was now..- all the curse words...transformers isnt the same without jazz..primes second in command..

plus in the 4th movie they said shit no less than 5x and dropped the f bomb..

people can deal with the words bitch and kick it..

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014