How do you store TF accessories?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gargamel, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Gargamel

Gargamel Well-Known Member

Hi guys

I was wondering how you guys store the various TF accessories that aren't part of your current display?

Could be small human figures, additional guns, various accessories used in the cartoon, etc., etc.

Right now I put a note with the name of the TF and the accessories in a small plastic bag and store them in a cupboard, but the problem is that the bags take up so much so space.

Do any of you have small boxes with little compartments or any other clever solutions? If so, I'd love to know how you handle it, maybe even with links so I can do something similar.

Thanks in advance.

2. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I have a nice old school metal/tin Transformers lunchbox I put everything in.

I love opening it up and looking for a part, it makes the best sound while all the parts shuffle and bounce around the metallic sides of the lunchbox.

It makes me smile.

• Like Like x 3
  3. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I have used tackle boxes to keep parts stored. The various trays help keep the parts organized and easy to find. The small clear ones are pretty cheap at the Walmart fishing section too and they can stack pretty good as well as to not look so cluttered. :) 

I have also heard people using tool boxes with the individual clear plastic trays too.

4. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I've taken to storing the additional parts/accessories for those I have on display in a small box for easy access, the rest go in a tin that lives in the box that hold the rest of my out of service collection.

5. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

I only have about 50 TFs (Not alot on these forms), so I just put all the accessories in a small bucket.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

Damn. My 14 is nothing then xD

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I have about 200 TF, now (I think). I bought several nice tubs on a back to school sale a few years back.

I chunk all of my TF weapons in a box. All of my GI Joe shit has to be bagged, and labelled.

8. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

I have a two bins of them one holds weapons and other accessories while one hold combiner hands, feet, etc.

9. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

I use a Stanley toolbox. They are very inexpensive on Target.com, and I have picked up several over the years for various purposes - accessory holder, customizing supply holder, art supply holder, Modulok holder...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I have an awesome looking box that my build-a-megaman zero model came in. It houses all my toys weapons.

IMG_20170208_081940012.jpg

Can't have them trying to murder or extort each other when I'm not here can I? :D  ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    I use the original accessory holder for my accessories. I have three of these, but only one has the inner trays [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Incredibly sillilly I'm afraid.

I have a lot of TF's in storage, and they're all in plastic draws by generation, and their accessories are stored in comic bags. The problem is they're all mixed together and it's got to the point where I'm not sure which accessory belongs to whom... whups. Eventually I'll separate everything and bag them off individually with their accessories/paperwork... but that's a job that'll take ages (and use a lot of comic bags) considering I have maybe 1500 in storage?

As to my actual display, (maybe 200?) all the robots in the display have their unused accessories stored in a small (empty) Nesquik container. It's basically small enough to go up on the shelf with a few robots in front of it so it's not that obvious, even if it is bright yellow. The problem here though is I have the unused accessories of quite a few robots in that tub... and some I'm really not sure belong to who...

Ah well. At least I have the Internet to help eh?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

For now I'm keeping them in the original boxes, but my collection is growing and soon I'll need another solution. I was thinking of plastic bags, but a box with compartmnts coulb be a very good solution.

14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    If i cant keep in on the figure in any tidy way i keep em in plastic baggies or in the original box.

15. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Small platic bag...tucked away in a toolbox...

16. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toss them in a jar.

And then suffer when I decide to sell a figure and go digging for the accessories.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

Hopefully there's somewhere the accessories can peg onto the actual toy that doesn't look awkward. Otherwise I just use a plastic bag. I've got one full of combiner wars HFGs for example.

18. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I use a couple of Creative Options Utility Box storage containers to organize my TF weapons and accessories. They are made for crafting/beads and can be found at Walmart. I also use Sterilite Small 3 Drawer Organizer from Walmart to store baggies of accessories from Figmas/Mezco/HotToys. It makes it way more organized so that I can actually access and use the accessories without have to rummage through everything.

19. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I'm a box whore, so I keep all the accessories in the original packages they came in. It's a bit easier to do when you primarily collect MP's and Leader-class figures. If I bought anything that came on a card, I'd probably keep any loose accessories in a Ziploc baggie.

20. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I try to find a way to have all the accessories on a figure even if it means trying to find a place upon their back. But, Combiner Wars has messed with that. I currently display Menasor, Computron, Superion, Bruticus, Defensor, Devastator, & Victorion. Luckily Devastator and Victorion have no extra accessories from their individual robots to deal with. But the guns and melee weapons on the other five are a problem. Some I found was simple, give them to another bot. But for any extra guns and the HFG guns for the limbs of Optimus Maximus, Thunder Mayhem, and Sky Reign since I don't display them combined I have them in a Pokemon TCG Tin. Its gotten to the point its overflowing and I can't put a lid on it but I don't see anymore excess weapons or accessories I need to put in there.