How do you show your Transformers Fandom?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lord Shockwave7, Mar 8, 2011.

?

what are you a TF fan for?

1. Collecting

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. TV/Movies

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Comics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Story

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. Robots

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. aliens?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

I'm more into being a "historian" of TF. I like to pursue any and all knowledge having to do with TF. I love and apriciate what the toys have done and know that TF excists for toys and that they are what TF is a collectors' trade, but I do not collect the toys (I have 11 only). That is primarely just my lack of interest in getting characters that I don't want to remember. I only get enough to decorate my TV console. The only character I really want is Shockwave.

What I have to ask is, what is your favorite area of TF?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The toys and the fiction. Equally so.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All of the above? Aliens is a bit of a stretch though, unless you mean Quintessons.

4. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

Well, some people like robots and some like aliens. but I guess It wasn't a really needed option.

5. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

The movies

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Boo one option poll for what is so not a one option question.

Though out of all of those I'd pick collecting, but I'm really here for the whole package and it varies series to series what aspects I like more than others.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Damn for not being a Multiple Choice Poll
    im in 3 Story, Movies, Collecting

8. AMG

AMG Old School

Cartoons, movies, comics and toys/memorabilia.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't need to "show" it. I like Transformers, I enjoy them, I don't need to decorate my life with them all over or make them a key aspect of how others identify me.

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I would love to show it more, but its not like I can find alot of shirts with a Maximal or Predacon logo on them to do so. So I just focus on the figures that I like on the series and the newer TF series. Or just sit back and watch my Beast Wars dvds and think back to better times.

11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Robots, story and collecting

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Toy collecting. I love the engineering that goes into them.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I feel like this thread is going in too many different directions.

As far as being a "fan" is concerned, I align more to what Aernaroth is saying. I enjoy my occasional t-shirt or whatever, but I don't feel the need to make sure every single person knows about it whatever.

14. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

Movies, collecting, Comics, stories etc

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'm in it for all of them to an extent, but the toys and TV shows/movies primarily. The story and comics are the next runners up.

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Transformers, dude. Just everything about Transformers.

Seriously, I even find things to like about TF stuff that many other fans dismiss and ridicule. I hated the Unicron Trilogy, but I still watched it for the voice talents. Beast Machines irritated and frustrated me and I hated the ending, but I still watched because it was a fresh take on TFs, and because it was dark and intriguing with a compelling storyline. I even enjoy the Bayverse movies for their sheer spectacle, and although there's plenty to criticize about the films I still find them entertaining.

I find transforming oddities fascinating, and enjoy collecting TF merch odds and ends, particularly the vintage stuff. I have somewhere close to 50 TF T-shirts in my collection, and would probably own 3 times that many if I didn't mind paying retail price for them.

I've always been enthralled with the engineering and design that goes into the toys. And it used to be if it was a TF toy, I wanted it. But I've gotten more selective since the 80s. Now, if I think it sucks I'll pass. And there are a lot of G1 toys I'm no longer interested in because they are blocky, clunky and lack articulation. But I admit I have difficulty passing on a bargain. A lot of stuff I've found on clearance or gotten in bulk trade/sale deals I end up trading or selling in order to support my hobby.

I also like finding junkers cheap and kitbashing with them, just for fun. My creations aren't worthy of photographing though, unless you just want a good laugh at my expense.

I also love the fiction, the media, and I'm a lifelong animation fan.

And I enjoy the camaradarie that comes through the fandom as well.

Yes, I'm a nitpicker, but I don't mind being in the minority that I'm more tolerant, accepting and open-minded when it comes to Transformers. If it's related to TFs, I'm willing to give it a chance. And even if it sucks, I might still find something to like about it.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Like several other posters..would have liked to vote for more than 1 choice..

Robots, story, Comics, TV, Movies and finally memorabilia... collect lots of items other than AF's just because they have Prime on them..Tshirts, calendars, tree ornaments, etc.

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

For me, it's 2 things...

On one hand, it's robots... toy robots in particular. I love 'em. I don't really collect other types of action figures, but I've got my Battle Beasts, my Zoids, my Gundams, my Chogokins, and a bunch of other miscellaneous Japanese robot toys... so it must be something about the robots.

The other aspect would be my nostalgic connection to the characters (especially the first few years). As a kid, I'd walk into a toy section fully of new TF's I couldn't afford to own... and just memorize every single one of them. Their names, their powers, their vehicle modes, their head designs... all of it. There was no internet, no other source. When you found new Transformers, you just had to stick them in your brain. Later I did the same thing with Marvel's Transformers Universe.

How do I show my fandom? Heh. Well, I'm here, aren't I? :D 

Besides owning a bunch of toys, and half-heartedly collecting the comics, I don't really show my fandom. No posters, no collectibles, no MISBs, no merchandise beyond the actual toys that sit on my shelf. I do own one beat-up, oldschool G1 Autobot symbol T-shirt from about 10 years ago. That's about it.

zmog

19. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Let's see, I have Bot & Con symbols tattooed on both arms, both legs and on each cheek of my butt. My car has huge Autobot symbols on the hood, roof & trunk lid. My ringtone is "The Touch" and I advise all people upon meeting me that I prefer to be called Megatron.

* What I love about Transformers first & foremost is the toys themselves, then the fiction/characters/shows. I also greatly appreciate the design & enigineering that goes into the them. Something I love about the original G1 toys is their wonderful color schemes that have since become so iconic.

20. Vla

Vla Well-Known Member

TV series, story and alien robots. Also I want to read the comics, but still have no time for this.

As for showing, I don't feel the big need of this. The most of my fan things, including my fanfics and fanarts, is inside my PC. Besides, I live in area where the 'fandom' thing are mostly unknown, or considered by people as something very stupid and childish. There is not recommended to show that you're fan of something, because people would laugh on you.