How Do You Plan on Collecting in 2022?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Astrotrain52, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I'll probably be looking at Devastator and Bruticus options. I don't want to expand my Cons past those 2 so it'll take some deep thought, if I even choose one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    Plan on skipping most of Legacy (except for Crankcase) and Studio Series (except for Perceptor). Probably get a bunch of the ROTB if they make it to market though.

3. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Unless they drop something new with Micromasters, or a new series of Tiny Turbos that actually has something NEW rather than All Repack All The Time, until the new Botbots show up I'm out.

Peace, brothers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is Cybertron Metroplex different from standard Metroplex?

5. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    G1 Metroplex:
    G1_Metroplex.jpg

Cybertron Metroplex:
    e75f59654bb54e0aba302c1007d39056lg.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. primeisboss

primeisboss Bearing the Matrix of Leadership

News Credits:
    I see myself continuing to just pick and choose what I buy. I have SS86 Perceptor and Coronation Starscream on pre-order and can't wait for them to come out. As someone who grew up watching Prime, it is exciting to see some characters getting updated figures. I would love it if the metroplex turns out to be based off of the FOC design.

7. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I've said this every year but especially next year, I need to be a bit more pick and choose than I have been in the past. Transformers-wise, my focus is going to keep with Generations and SS86 Studio Series. Then I'm going to narrow that down further on whether it's a character that needs a better toy version in my collection or if I'm happy with the version I already have and/or whether it's a character I just have to get.

I can't completely rule out Selects but it would have to be something special to warrant me even considering buying it. I also can't 100% rule out Rise of the Beasts toys but it would be very VERY low end of the priority scale. Other TF releases like MPs would be completely out.

8. Beauman

Beauman Banned

I'll focus on G1 and Beast Wars like I did this year.
    I might be interested in some UT toys if they do them, but they won't do any of the characters that would entice me.
    Prime does not interest me at all, or it would have to be Predaking or Soundwave if they are significantly more cool than the og versions.

9. Dleclerc

Dleclerc Active Member

My collection so far is majority Autobot with select Decepticons, so I'll probably continue that trend.

As someone born in the mid 90's, despite watching some beast era stuff and enjoying RID, the Unicron Trilogy is really where my fascination with transformers started. I picked up the Selects Hot Shot just so I could have a Hot Shot even though I like the Armada design better, so... yeah. I'll probably pick up most of those.

Prime was out when I was in High School so I didn't watch a ton of it, but I did like it. Definitely tempted by the leaks for them.

10. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Get figures that are good updates on characters I like and maybe some ROTB stuff if it is good. I have been skipping more and more stuff as of late so a figure really needs to grab me.

11. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I'm definitely buying XTB's Omnibots, and maybe their Punch/CP. I'm tempted by MMC's Protectobots, too, but need to see some in-hand images first, and I may splurge on one of Dream Star's Aerialbots (I won't buy the whole team). I'm leaning towards picking up Cang's Thunderking gorilla pants figure, and am anxiously awaiting Cang's version of Headstrong.

As for Hasbro, I may grab a few Gen Selects figures here and there if I think of some neat customs I want to attempt, but CHUG isn't really my thing.

12. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Pretty much get only Japanese characters like the headmaster jrs and maybe studio Rumble. Interested in what StarSaber will look like and hope others from victory show up. Hope they release an Offroad Stunticon too because that would be hard to pass up.

13. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Well if everything is going to be some stupid exclusive or a blink-and-miss-it stocking, I can finally, hopefully call it quits.

14. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

My classics G1 guys are pretty much at the point where I feel I'm done, especially with the price rises, exclusiveness and qc issues. I've never felt the need to keep replacing older figures with newer ones, although that has happened a few times over the years, it's only when there's a massive upgrade or it's a character I love and I've got multiples. So going forward, I'm just gonna get the BW guys in kingdom, and then look to older lines like any cybertron figures and get any fun looking figures. In terms of movies, SS deluxe Hatchet in 2023 is the only one left I'm after, SS has filled out the rest of the cast nicely. It is certainly into the twilight hours of my collecting.

15. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Nothing has changed.

As far as TF's:

Every TT G1 MP. No recolors unless something extraordinary comes along.

FT MP G1 Combiners.

Some FT MP bots as long as they are not horribly overpriced and happen to be a must (Blitzwing). As of this writing, I only have that one PO'd.

I will skip 100% of BW-related stuff.

I will skip 300% of movie-related stuff.

I will buy every single G1 SS that I see at my local Target, no q's asked.

Some cool-looking CHUGS here and there (Menasor).

All combiners Magic Square decides to release and maybe their OP.

Maybe, XTB's Perceptor if it doesn't end up being a pile of shit.

Another remote-controlled TF if it happens.

I don't buy doubles, I don't buy every single version of a character available, I don't buy TF's because their alt mode is something "I'm into". Or because of their "shelf presence" (like, WTF is that? Do you date your TF's? LOL).

16. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Definitely looking out for Perceptor.

I'll wait and see for the Stunctions..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    If Hasbro wants more people to buy Stunticons, they need to really play up the stunt aspect. Create a Stunticon Playset or something like this thing Lego has coming out.
    20210824_151611(1).jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Riddler87

Riddler87 semi-retired transformers collector

Basically what I've been doing is keeping track of what's coming out and picking out what figures I want. I'm all caught up on Kingdom and SS Wreck-Gar dropped into my pile of loot on BBTS this week so know that I'm all caught up this is my list for the end of Kingdom and the start of the next line:

-Deluxe Slammer or Skids (want to see them before I decide)
    -Deluxe Pipes
    -Voyager Tigatron
    -Voyager Blaster
    -Voyager BW Inferno
    -Deluxe Tarantulas
    -Golden Disk Terrorsaur

Maybe (depends on how much room I have left on my shelves):
    Deluxe Prime Knock Out
    Voyager Bulkhead

After this, I should be pretty much set with G1 and Beast Wars since I don't buy a figure of a character I already have if I already have a version of the character I'm happy with.