How Do You Plan on Collecting in 2022?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Astrotrain52, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

These are the Decepticons I have left to get.

Cassettes: Buzzsaw (just a repaint of Laserbeak), Overkill, Slugfest, Squawktalk, Beastbox

Multi-Changers: Blitzwing, Octane, Sixshot

Insecticons: Shrapnel, Kickback, Bombshell, Barrage, Ransack, Venom, Chop Shop
    If were getting one hopefully we’ll get the rest. I’d be content with the main three though.

Triggercons: Ruckus, Crankcase, Windsweeper
    Again if we’re getting one we’ll hopefully get the rest

Firecons: Cindersaur, Sparkstalker, Flamefeather

Stunticons: Motormaster, Drag Strip, Dead End, Wildrider, Breakdown

Seacons: Overbite, Tentakil, (just need Hasbropulse to get them back in stock...)

so close…

2. bkh

bkh Well-Known Member

Not much left for me for the rest of 2021 from a TF POV, but I have gone down the SW Black Series rabbit hole with trying to put together the Rebels Ghost crew and the Bad Batch. I don't really have the room for them, but that has not stopped me before. For 2022, I do not really see much left I want in the mainline TF releases unless the Menasor is not a mess. The Planet X Dinobots are not cheap, but I may just work on them. Also, want to get Mirage, Dead End, Tiger Tracks, and Camshaft for my Alternators/Binaltech collection. I just want to get through this year first. :) 

3. elkevo86

elkevo86 Well-Known Member

My goal for WFC was to finally get a complete run. I've always wanted to collect an entire line & I was finally in the position to do so...& that has gotten a little out of hand :lol . Moving forward I know I'll be more selective. Getting every single thing had been exhausting & unless Legacy really wows me I'll probably just complete teams & get the figures that look fun

4. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

Well. to be honest it's going to depend on how I'm doing financially next year. Hopefully I'll have the budget for what I want, but that's not something I can take for granted. If all goes well enough though, I'll be probably be getting the majority of whatever G1 and BW stuff comes out. Anything else will be considered on a case by case basis, taking into account the price, how interesting and / or fun it looks, and whether it fits within my overall collection. Unless it's new TFP toys in which case they are must-buys if they're good.

5. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    Yea, gonna be a laid back year for collecting for me, already sold slot that I bought this year, the mainline stuff is what I kept the most of.

the menasor ,coronation starscream, and the beast wars stuff is what Ima be interested in mainly, but idk I don’t do completionism stuff anymore, I just want the stuff I think is a cool and good figure and that’s that.

6. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Tbh I don’t really have a plan lol. I’m just going to go with whatever looks good, you know?

• Like Like x 2
  7. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

My wishlist goes as follows:
    Legacy-
    Stunticons
    Armada Starscream
    Prime Arcee/bulkhead unless hes g1ified
    Tarantulas
    Inferno

Ss-
    Brawn
    Bb soundwave & ravage
    Dotm Lazerbeak
    Breakaway

Ss86-
    Coronation Starscream
    Preceptor
    Ratchet

8. BlastOff682

BlastOff682 Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to end up selling some old bots to make room for Studio series, 86, and TF Legacy, but other than that, I want all of them! I'm hoping I can get myself into a good financial spot soon so I can get all these awesome figures coming out

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I'll probably buy about half, maybe less...no movieverse studio series for me, and I'm done with MP scale. Still mostly wanting updates of late G1 and G2 so anything from there is bought. Other than that I'm going to be pickier.

10. Notomus

Notomus I demand Studio Series DOTM Devcon

News Credits:
    let me pull up my spreadsheets of leaks...

SS:
    Remaining 86' Dinobots
    Sideways
    Que
    (of note, 2022 releases may have changed or moved, this is what I'm getting based on my most recent information)

Legacy:
    The Stunticons, Blitzwing and Blaster to round out my G1 guys, just need the other three combiners updated
    Prime Arcee, Bulkhead and Knockout
    Laser Prime
    Armada Starscream and Cybertron Metroplex
    BW Tarantulas and Inferno

seems like a lot but it really isn't compared to this year.

11. BoomClank25

BoomClank25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    - My main rule for myself is to only look for characters and designs that I have an attachment to. The exception is if a figure looks interesting/fun enough to justify breaking that rule, like with the ROTF cast, Siege Spinister, or the Weaponizers/Fossilizers.

- Sticking to CHUG through Legacy; winding down on Studio Series, but will still buy some releases.

- Being more selective with my purchases. That includes setting up a monthly budget/wishlist and maintaining focus on one or two series at a time.
    • Getting more Beast Wars through Kingdom and Legacy. I was excited to hear of Tarantulas in the new line, now I'm even more hyped for Inferno and Dragon Megatron!
    • Finishing the 2007 Autobots with PF Ratchet. I might extend it to the other Decepticons in the film, like Bonecrusher and Brawl. If AOE Hound or TLK Megatron also happen to show up in Studio Series, I might buy them too.
    • Sticking to G1 characters I like from 84-86. I'm no completionist, so I'm okay with skipping a number of the members. 86 is a bit of a stretch since I know I want Kingdom Rodimus and toy for Kup, but I'm on the fence about the rest (Arcee, Springer, Wreck-Gar, Galvatron, Scourge).
    - I also might consider going backward and collecting for older lines. WFC spoiled me in articulation and design, but some figures of characters I wanted didn't hit the mark. I don't want to settle for something if there's a better version from before. Animated has also been on my mind after watching Lazy Eyebrow's review for Jazz.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  12. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I'll have to see what the figures that are coming out in 2022 look like before I plan to buy them.

13. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    I've definitely become a bit pickier in recent times (I skipped MOST of Earthrise sans like, 3 figures), but I also decided to sell most of what I have since, because of Generations and Studio Series, I don't really need the old ones anymore, aside from the ones I still have an attachment to (I still love 07 Voyager Ironhide despite not being accurate at ALL).

But even then I'll still keep the same habits I have

14. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    Same as this year: collect only G1 toyline characters* and anything G1 Megatron. The rise in non-G1 characters in Generations this year and next will be a boon for my wallet, which will help me focus on other collections like Star Wars and vinyl kaiju figures.

*Characters that were part of the G1 toyline from 1984-1995 plus the Japanese and European exclusive characters. Except Arcee because she completes the 1986 movie cast.

15. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

Depends on how things play out. With Evolution finally bringing more than just G1 to the table, there's going to be figures of so many characters I want: Tarantulas, Antferno, Dragon Megatron, Armada Starscream, Titan Cybertron Metroplex, Prime Bulkhead, Knockout, Arcee and Optimus. I'd even like some HM juniors and those reissue TR HM Jets and if Blitzwing and Laser OP (if he's coming next year) looked cool enough, I'd want them too. If every figure in Evolution turns out well, I'll have to sell a kidney. That's not even counting the possibility of a Commander Stratosphere, for Studio Series. Fortunately, little else in SS is interesting me and I don't need the HM Jrs. If everything were to work out really well, I'm probably gonna have to be really selective of what I buy.

However, it's sounding like everything in Evolution is going to be incredibly half-assed. Most all of the non-G1 stuff seems to be a retool of some kind. Laser OP from ER OP might work, it might not. Bulkhead sharing tooling with Prime OP is sounding really bad. Knockout might not be a retool, but is also sounding really bad. Armada Screamer is a mystery, since we know he's a retool, but not what he's a retool of. At this rate, I'm expecting Cybertron Metroplex to just be pretool of a new G1 Metroplex. If the only way we're getting non-G1 is through half-assed retools and dedicated moulds that strip characters of their uniqueness, then GeeWunners can keep the franchise. I'll probably buy Tarantulas and Inferno to complete my Generations BW S1 collection, then call it quits.

Chances are, neither extreme will happen, with some things working well and other things working poorly. In that case, I'll quite comfortably buy whatever looks good and pass on whatever looks bad.

16. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Pivoting more towards 3P Legends this year has lead to healthier collecting habits for me so I’m gonna continue that. With 3P stuff being more expensive I’m more selective about what I purchase and purchase less in general. And Legends-scale figures are much easier to display and store. So less money spent and less space taken up, a win-win.

I’m rather wiped out from mainline stuff as the past few years has essentially been a redo of CHUG collecting from scratch. I’m excited to see more Beast Wars characters next year (need me an Inferno!) and other well-done updates of non-G1 characters. But I am definitely good on any ‘84-‘86 characters for the foreseeable future.

17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Continuing to focus on pre-movie G1, mostly main line, with scattered figures from other generations and toy lines.

I may pick back up with legends if NewAge does more Autobot cars.

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Just getting what I like and not trying to "complete" various lines.

I'd also like to sample other robot lines such as Diaclone Reboot and Robot Build.

19. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Going to be an expensive year for Masterpiece with Skids and the Seekers. Thinking about delving back into CHUG.

20. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I want one or two more, and then I'm done, I've barely got enough space on my shelves. I've got my eyeball on that Perceptor that was recently announced. And I still want BB Thrust, but I haven't seen him anywhere, so I'll probably hafta give up on him.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1