How do you feel about the new Earthrise reveals? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SuperRock7, Oct 5, 2019.

?

How do you feel about the new Earthrise reveals?

1. Love it!

120 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Its alright.

87 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Don’t really like it.

25 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think he is a small deluxe. If you look at the alt mode next to WJ, I think that will make a super short bot. After looking back at the NYCC pics, I think he was strategically placed (in bot mode) where he is to hide his height relative to the other deluxe class toys (and thusly keep people from getting angry that he would be released at a 'deluxe' priced point while still - possibly - be shorter than Siege Hound).

• Like Like x 2
  2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Bored out of my godamn mind.

I’m starting to really hate living in the past. I want new and I want variety.

And frankly, if we we are gonna redo a character from the past it should represent the best aspects of a character, not just 84/85 (ie: Ratchet should have aspects of his animated, tfp, and IDW self)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I sooo wanted Cybertron Wheeljack too.

I’m starting to get sick of the mainline now. It seems like we are just getting another round of Optimus, BB, Megatron & Starscream yet again. I’m ready for something original or at least a different take on Transformers similar to Animated or Beast Wars. Just like Siege, I will probably only buy the 1 or 2 figures that really catch my eye. Happy for those who like it though.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DesertDog

DesertDog is probably craving pork chops

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Very excited for this series to start. I mistook Cliffjumper for an MP at first and I’m sure he’ll play temp stand-in in more than a few MP displays.

Wheeljack and Grapple look great, I’ll buy Grapple and Inferno for sure, Artfire and Hauler if they’re ever made. Hauler may be a long shot but I’d bet on Artfire from the Selects line.

Ironworks is literally one of the best things I’ve ever seen TF-wise. I have all four Micromaster mini-bases and Ironworks was my second favourite after Greasepit. Add these Ramp/Shield-former dudes and the Weaponizers and the results are going to be nuts. And I’ll continue to push for a Leader class Modulator type Spanner/Space Bridge. Hell, just make one of the ramp guys Spanner and I’ll shut up.

I’m fine with another Prime. Siege OP with his gun on top fits the bill for the blocky chunk we see on Cybertron in Issue #1 of the comic, so he never filled the Toon gap for me anyway. Also, trailer with ramp connectors. I wouldn’t be surprised if Roller gets the ‘Minion sold separately’ treatment like Cog, Brunt, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire IT'S A RIP-OFF!

News Credits:
    That's pretty much how every series is. It's good to see that others are getting sick of wasting money on the same characters over & over & over again. There are still a lot of original G1 characters that have never been updated yet. It's going on 5 years since they made Chop Shop & there is still no sign of Venom, Barrage or Ransack. I fear the same thing will happen to Snapdragon. And Siege Mirage should have been Slapdash instead. We didn't need another Mirage so soon after Combiner Wars.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The name is god awful, but the figures themselves look phenomenal. I've come around on the reboot of Classics, I think it's my cup of tea. I won't argue against anyone that says new characters would be welcomed. However, that's not uncommon. Every Star Wars line has a Luke Skywalker, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Not much of a fan however it does have an absolutely killer name, creative and sounds awesome. Hard to go wrong there.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Go-Faster-Wings

Go-Faster-Wings Well-Known Member

Wheeljack looks like a nice attempt. I cant get over that the whole windshield doesmt sit on his torso and its broken up. I understand its a difficult design to do, and keep the proportions right, but i cant get past it. Generations Wheeljack is near perfect for me so I'm sticking with that.

Pretty much everything else looks great. Not getting Prime cause I'm plenty happy with my Classics Voyager still. But he still looks good.

Cliffjumper is a Godsend.

9. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

I think my biggest issue with the line and Seige is it puts people who are spilt in the same boat.

People who bought all of Seige are now worried the rest of the Ark crew won't get their Cybertron modes leaving their Seige line-up incomplete, and are not sure if Hasbro will go back and do them.

Meanwhile on the other foot, you people who are not sure if they should get/sell characters like Ironhide, Hound and Sideswipe now, or gamble on them getting Earth modes down the line or in part 3. Hasbro said there is no plans for a earth mode Sideswipe but I'm sure they do it if money starts talking.

So, no matter what side you are on, you going to be left with a half Cybertron, half earth mode Ark crew.

• Like Like x 4
  10. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I'm really stoked for Wheeljack and Starscream.

11. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Ironworks and Soundbarrier are my only two "must gets" while Grapple and Wheeljack are "maybes". All the others don't look good enough/justify me getting that version. Hopefully the decepticon reveals will be better....

12. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some look great, some look alright, and some have been done better in previous parts of Generations.

13. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere (here on TFW, actually. In a forum comment, but still) that one of the Hasbro or Takara people made some statement implying that Snapdragon was coming. Turst me, if I could remember where/which thread it was, I'd link to it.

Also, don't give Hasbro any ideas unless about doing God/Power masters unless they do it proper. But I do agree that Mirage's earth mode looks like Slapdash.

14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I’m getting tired of some of the same old stuff time after time myself. The frustrating part is that this new OP might end up being the best version of “G1 OP with articulation” that we have ever gotten, IMO. I don’t want to want him... but I kinda do want him... Fucking plastic crack.

15. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Like many I was hardly shocked or excited by the selection. But what was done, was done really well

16. jmagnus83

jmagnus83 Well-Known Member

I’m happy with CJ and Wheeljack but the rest I’m iffy on. I’m probably going to be grabbing Hoist and Grapple at some point but they aren’t priorities. My budget is reduced this year and gotta watch my purchases.

17. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

I actually like the idea but...

After so many years as a Collector, I have more than a dozen of Optimus Prime iterations. Not sure if I need another one, particularly because MP-10 is actually a Leader Optimus Prime G1 but considering how small are Transformers nowadays maybe I will need this new Optimus and this is the funny part, always find a reason for getting the new toy of the same character :D 

Love to see how Starscream is inspired in the Classic mold but now as a Voyager, that is really awesome and they actually improve some aspects like articulations.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  18. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Micromaster bases.

That's all it takes to sell me on a line.

19. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    But are we really getting the same old over again? Every line had a line specific version of a character. Earthrise is the first time they go out full G1 with articulation. CW mirage was a combiner limb. TR optimus a headmaster, while siege was cybertronian. I would like to see more obscure stuff too, but for now I don't mind how they are handling it as long as the various iterations of the same character have something unique or new to offer.

• Like Like x 3
  20. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I don’t disagree with you. I just wish they would stop making better versions of characters I already own...lol... Space is running low.

• Like Like x 1