How do you feel about the future of Transformer films now?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by electronic456, Oct 28, 2019.

?

What is your mood for the future?

1. Optimistic

31 vote(s)
    43.1%
  2. Cyancial

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. I don't know

26 vote(s)
    36.1%
  1. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a simple question. Are you excited for the next Transformers movies?

I want to say for me, I'm curious with a slight bit of optimism at what the next film is about.

To quote: "Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get."

Who knows what's next?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Future's looking bright....hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Honestly, I don't know.

BUT I wouldn't be shocked if Paramount decided to take a couple more years to ride out their recent financial woes, then come back with a lower-budgeted, simpler-robot-designed complete reboot.

• Like Like x 2
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I kind of... don't care? Not in a mean or apathetic way, just I never thought of movies as something Transformers "needs" to have. I'm used to the franchise just kinda going at its own pace, and with Paramount being a shitshow I'm not sure I want another TF movie forced out after Bumblebee was such a pleasant film.

• Like Like x 8
  5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I liked the original five more than Bumblebee, so I'd be a bit concerned except I haven't really been into any movies for awhile...

• Like Like x 4
  6. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    I don't really know so I chose that. My passion for Transformers has severely decreased ever since TLK came out and I don't care that much anymore. The BB movie was fine but I can't say I want future movies to be like it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    To be perfectly and brutally honest, I'm not sure. On the one hand I definitely think Bumblebee was an improvement, but it was still very flawed in general. I guess I'm a mixture of both, I'd like good TF films, but I doubt we'll get them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I'm more optimistic than I am cynical. I feel like they're finally starting to learn lessons that they should have learned a long time ago. That the TFs have to be likable characters who get focus, and that that there has to be some heart. I'm of the mindset that Transformers isn't that hard to mess up. Just put it in the hands of someone who has at least a little passion for the brand, and you'll get something fun. I think part of Michael Bay's problem was that he didn't really care about the brand, so he reinterpreted it to his liking,and put the focus on his signature stuff (military, excessive action, etc). Even then, there are fans who like that approach (especially the first film).

Also, after TLK, I think they'll be a lot more careful to avoid flops. I think they'll set the budgets lower, which will force the focus to be on character and storytelling. Hasbro having more of a hand will also likely steer it a better direction.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

im optimistic in terms of future tf designs but as a whole i feel cynical, i'd like them to improve upon bumblebee but i wouldn't be entirely surprised if most end up feeling the same

• Like Like x 3
  10. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    I'm having with drawls.. not seeing transfomers on screen i mean can't they find another director

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I’m curious what “cyancial” means, personally :p 

• Like Like x 4
  12. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much saying ,"It's gonna suck, no matter what."

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    ..........okay I was having a quiet dig at the spelling, because it’s spelled “cynical”.

I am aware however, of what it means.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure. I just want them to take the right lessons from Bumblebee. Bumblebee was a good film because it was a tight story focused on character and borrowed heavily from one of the greatest films of all time (ET). The G1 fanservice was nice, and that opening scene is awesome, but it's not the reason the movie was good. I just don't want them to think all their problems are solved because the Transformers look more like G1 now. I'm a big fan of the Movieverse, but there are many fundamental elements to improve upon beyond aesthetics.

If they are going to scale this iteration up (i.e., larger robot casts, bigger scope, more action), they need to keep this in mind.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I just hope they don't make the mistake and make Bumblebee 2. Bumblebee was a great movie, but it was great because it went in the right direction. I have been sick of Bumblebee for 12 years. I want to see other characters. Make the next movie Jazz or Starscream.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Can't say I care. The BB movie was ok, but it's Paramount. They can break things at any time. Hasbro's increased ability to manhandle them should be something good, in theory. But it can easily end with a very simplistic G1 rehash.

• Like Like x 2
  17. protohuman

protohuman Save the whales

I watched a Bay film and gave up on all forms of popular media shortly after. No Marveldisney, no netflix, no nothing!
    If another society made a TF film (like Japan) id be on it like chocolate on vanilla.
    Hell, I watch the diaclone toy commercials over and over till I'm dehydrated.
    if they made a Beast Machine Movie I'd watch that one hundred times before watching another contemporary mellowdrama.

18. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I tend to agree. Also, I think it's important that they don't get stuck on one series or one tone. I don't need (or want) Bumblebee 2, 3, 4, etc. Getting stuck in a rut is arguably part of what hurt the Bay series. People enjoyed it at first, but it got old eventually. People started seeing through the cracks, and the magic went away (especially as the quality went down). A bunch of movies set in the '80s with Bumblebee's tone risks that about as much as Bay's action-based movies.

I think they should do the Optimus/Bumblebee teamup movie they were talking about, the Cybertron animated movie, maybe another big action movie, even Beast Wars (and I don't even particularly like Beast stuff). Just keep varying the tone and style, so nothing gets old.

This is part of what makes Marvel so successful. They do a WW2 movie, a space movie, an Avengers movie, etc. And they put several years between movies with the same tone (like both Guardians movies). Transformers doesn't have to be Marvel, but everything needs some variation to stay alive.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    I dunno cause to me i just would like the movie too be good no matter what. I'm sure the movie studio took note from the Bumblebee movie in how well it did at theatres. I also think that movie studio took note of the last Micheal Bay movie in how bad it did at theatres. They also know now what doesn't work in the formula to bring a movie to be successful. So really to me i liked all of the movies and didn't take them as cannon from the cartoon too movie.

20. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Right now I'm doubting that Bumblebee will get a sequel. And I'm not willing to bet any of those other movies are EVER going to get made, either. Paramount as a company appears to be in a rebuilding year, which means if they had any common sense they'd be wary of spending more J.J. Abrams or Michael Bay levels of money on keeping declining film franchises like Star Trek and Transformers going anytime soon. Honestly, I think whatever lessons they learned from the failure of TLK and the success of BB came too late for the existing TF film franchise.

On the upside, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to wait a few more years, after all the behind-the-scenes dust has settled, before they're ready to do another one - which, again, I'm pretty sure will have fewer robots than past movies and/or far simpler robot designs whether they're G1-based or not; THAT much I can see Paramount sticking to, simply for budgetary reasons - and by that time they'll probably want to keep as much distance from what came before as is reasonably possible, because you don't put Christopher Nolan's Batman on the big screen with the intent of reminding the audience of Joel Schumacher's Batman. The TF brand itself will get along just fine even if takes four, five years before another movie comes.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 3