How do you feel about repaints?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Born 2B Alive!, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Redco is best if new color = new character. ( New BIO and all) :thumbs2: 

Second best if new color = "show accuracy". (Dream Project, eHobby etc.) :D  Also Diaclone colors as new Cybertrons/Destrons. Ultra Magnus has been way over used. :( 

Third best reason = power upgrade, if HAS/TAK unwilling to create new mold. (results vary from outstanding to poor) :huh

Fourth best reason is "Universe" and this is okay if the TF is cheap. Some of these Transformers make me laugh. :lol  Back from the dead zombies! Good material here! :) 

What I don't like is when the above is used with statues. Also, when NO CHANGES are made except the packaging. :( 

At the end of the day: If the Redeco makes you happy and you want to buy it, do so. If not, don't. You will make it easier for those who do. :thumb 

2. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Good point. The g1 fan in me does like to see autobot emblems in vehicle mode, but huge emblems do look silly.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It really depends on the case for me. In general though, 2 jobs on a mold is all you need without some major remolding to go with it.

Take the alt/bt vette mold. Tracks (blue) and Ravage were good. Swerve wasn't needed (but it gets away with it because of Road Rage), and Rollbar won't be needed either.

For show molds if they're different characters they do plenty of repaints- seekers, GF Rambles, omnicons/terrorcons.

3rd and higher uses of a mold should have major remolding though. More than just a headswap too, I'm talking at least hardtop to convertible, add/remove a spoiler, and one or two other things.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Armada Hotshit is one of the few reasons I love repaint.

hmm, yellow or red with flames??

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    some suck. i like when they also do a little remolding not just the paint

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't mind 'em when I think they're well done...especially when they look better than the original. In a perfect world, I'd like to see fewer repaints and more new molds (or remolds at the least), but I accept them as a necessary cost-cutting evil for Has/Tak.

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Repaints don't bother me. I'm not collecting to complete the collection, so I usually wait until most of a line is out before I decide which color scheme (if any) of a toy I want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.