How do you feel about reissues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transtrekkie, Sep 13, 2014.

?

How do you feel about reissues?

1. Love them! Lets me get awesome stuff for cheap!

85.6%
  2. Hate them, they're destroying the value of my collection!

1.9%
  3. I already have what I want so I don't really care

5.8%
  4. I don't mind as long as they change something between releases.

3.8%
  5. Other.

6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Pretty straightforward, how do you feel about toys getting reissued?

Me, I like it because I usually go through cycles of having to sell and buy back my collections and reissues allow me to buy back stuff I had without necessarily getting price gouged.

2. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love them!

MP-Grimlock says hi.

3. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

Love 'em. Second chance for MP figures, I'm able to get a G1 figure with nice GEEWUN packaging and in complete, new condition for a relatively cheap price. Now bring on Trypticon and Dinobots!

4. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

Just got encore fort max a week ago, love them.

5. Henners

Henners Sonicron

Ebay:
    Love them. I was born in the late 80's and missed most G1s, and my little brother is a bigger TF fan than I am and he wasn't born until 1993. Have you ever met a GEEWUNNER that was born in the 90's? Because he is one of them. When the first reissues came out (Magnus, Prime) we looked high and low for them. If you get a decent condition Optimus Prime, do you realize how hard it is to get them to stand up because that dumb ratchet in his waist design?

Plus, I can't be the only one that would rather buy a NEW toy than "Well this one has paint wear, yellowing, and peeled stickers" for figures I want to add to my collection.

6. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

I love reissues for two reasons. For one, it lets me pick up items that are too expensive for me now, since a lot of the items being reissued are those which are obscenely priced on the aftermarket, and two, it lets both myself and other collectors have a chance at stuff we never even saw at retail or weren't around to collect personally. I was a kid at the end of G1 and start of BW - I never got a chance to collect half the stuff from G1, not that I'm super interested. Masterpiece reissues are probably the biggest boon for me, since I'm a newer MP collector, love them dearly, and have missed a lot of the earlier ones since I simply wasn't collecting at the time.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    don't care either way, they are there, and with today's plastic quality, they're pretty easy to spot even if they try to do them exact. I have some, but eventually i'll replace them.

8. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    i like it when it's something that has not been reissued a bazillion times....

Like when TRU carried Perceptor and the Insecticon 3 pack.....those are awesome reissues...

now if it's something like the third or fourth reissue of autobot grapple or hoist....

Not so much.

9. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I've only been collecting for just about a year, so I missed quite a few of the original releases. So, I very much appreciate the re-releases. It allows me to collect the figures I missed out on.

10. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Yes!! I have TOTALLY noticed that and it annoys the heck out of me! For what its worth, i have noticed that on my two vintage G1 primes, they stand fine. I have only seen the ratcheting problem in the G1 reissue primes. Maybe try getting a vintage prime, that may fix the ratchetin problem, though finding one in very good condition may cost a lot.

11. El Zilcho

El Zilcho Well-Known Member

Love them. Gives me a chance to a perfect new version of an older figure I don't have and/or gives other people a chance to acquire and enjoy the figure.

12. Markdelg

Markdelg Spin Road fan

News Credits:
    They're great when it's a reissue of a toy whose original version is so insanely expensive that I'd need to take a second mortgage to afford it. It's not so great if you own that insanely expensive original and find its value flushed down the toilet when the reissue comes out. So it's sorta Catch-22.

13. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I grew up with original Prime, and I've also had the Hasbro Commemorative Prime as well as New Year's Prime and I haven't had a problem with any of them. Maybe I was lucky?

14. Henners

Henners Sonicron

Ebay:
    No, see we HAD vintage primes - and almost all of them had that ratchet worn down. That's why we loved getting the reissues - we could have a Optimus that wasn't doing the limbo all the time! The plastic in that area is just too thin to be used as a ratchet, it wears to a nub and eventually nothing.

My brother has a saying that every time he finds a vintage Optimus that has it's waist ratchet worn down, he knows some kid had an awesome childhood. :thumbs2: 

15. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    I have never had any issues with G1 Optimus Prime ratcheting hip joints, at least not on any of the 22 different variants I own. Don't think its that big of a problem area unless the figure is just beat to crap, but that goes with the nature of plastic. Play with anything enough and it loosens up.

[​IMG]

16. Henners

Henners Sonicron

Ebay:
    How much were those played with? Regular playwear on almost every vintage Optimus I had (Mine, my brothers and my friend Austins) we had prior to the reissue had varying degrees of it.

17. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love them gives me a chance to buy a mint toy and also to buy one misb for display. Otherwise I never own the misb fort max. Whew even the open one was out of my price range. Now I have the big guy misb! Love the box art and maybe I will buy one more to open since BBTS is having him on clearance. Now bring on the encore,

Jet fire
    The Dino base and scorpion base
    Black zarack

18. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
  19. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I love it when they reissue rare Transformers I don't already have like Twincast, Soundblaster, Star Convoy, Stepper, etc. I hate it when they reissue rare Transformers that I already own and spent a fortune on obtaining like God Ginrai, Fortress Maximus, etc. How's that for a completely honest and entirely selfish answer.

20. solusprime19

solusprime19 Disney, Dat knee

I'm down with it. just lets me be able to get old stuff that expensive otherwise...