How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CrackerBoy, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Queen Dork

Queen Dork Banned

collections to massive for me to keep track of

13 display cases
    a few big boxes full stored away
    parents attic almost filled with mib misb and plastic storage containers

many times ill find something i forgot i had lol....i just gave up trying to keep track of anything except how many minicons i have

2. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excel Spreadsheet.
    I list every American toy ever released and some of the Japanese (Re-issues, Binaltech, WST). Then, I just mark off each one I have (there are a ton of blank G2, BW, BM and RID entries on my sheet).

In addition, I have the price paid, I grade the toy and package and I calculate a current market value.

It also keeps a package count and a toy count (G1 Superion Giftset is 1 package, 5 toys; G1 Combaticons are 5 packages, 5 toys).

I can put up a blank copy later if you want it.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Word document. keep track of all my TFs, Marvel LEgends, and stuff with it. I seperate the TFs by series. Have a number next to the series of the number of figures in the series. Add them all up and add new ones when i get them.

4. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I don't, I suffer frome buyers remorse, so if I keep trak then I end up adding up how much I spent on em and boom, I get after myself, for spinding so much on toys.

5. SoundwaveMajor

SoundwaveMajor Dark WarLord of Insanity

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I keep track of mine by figure lines and pictures.

also use actionfigurechecklist.com

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    reading back over the posts i gotta say you people are a little anal. :wink:  Come on do you ever look back and really care WHERE you got a figure from and how much you paid? I can understand keeping track of them by series and the number of figures. I can even understand the condition part but in the long run does the place you bought it and the price truely matter?

I mean I used to think I was anal keeping track of my figures with a list.. Now i see i am far from it :D 

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I remember everything I have, but I do keep everything on a spreadsheet. Name, year released, Series (G1, Cybertron, etc), condition the toy is in, and wherther I renamed it or not.

8. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

i use a filemaker-like program that will let me search by any number of combinations of requests (character name, allegiance, series (G1, G2...) and will let me display everything in a spreadsheet format as well - i really only use it to keep track of the actual number of TFs i have as i can usually remember which ones i already own

i also use the same program to keep track of my comics

as far as keeping track of prices and whatnot, i've only done that for this year, and it was because i was interested to see how much i spent in a year's time on TFs - needless to say, i'm /never/ going to do that again, as the final dollar amount is a little staggering lol

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I haven't made any spreadsheet to keep track of my collection. I do want to however it just gonna take some time to go through everything I have. Also many toys from BM I have no clue about the names but it's something I may do next year.

10. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

I've taken digital pictures of every transformer I own. Useful for both archival purposes and also in case of fire, I have all the info I need to make a claim (go go renter's insurance)

11. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

i've got them down in my head pretty well, but i should do a spreadsheet one of these days

thats probably a summer kind of thing though

12. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I think I actually bring something new to this :) 

I keep an excel spreadsheet of my TF (~360 at the moment). Like a lot of you, I know what I have, so it is more of a counting/amount spent tool.

It all gets broken down ilke this. Autobots/Maximals in red, followed by Decepticons/Predacons/Vehicons in purple, then Minicons in green, and assorted extra items (Unicron diplay stand, repro barrels, etc) in orange. The next column has the series each is from and notes whether the item is an exclusive or not. There is a column for price spent (black number for normal, red for above, and blue for below) and a column that tells how many toys that entry represents (ie Build King is 4).

Now, for my special additions. When my collection was smaller, I was interested in the average size of figs for each faction and average number of modes, so I have extra columns that note the size and number of modes. BW was my starter, so basic = 1, deluxe = 2, mega = 3, ultra = 4 and so on up and down the line. I've fit the new size classes into the ones I've felt they match best. So, I have outputs for the average size and number of modes for each of my factions :)  Beat that!

13. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Keep track of my collection? Yeah right!

Seriously that is not a bad idea to keep track of it. I would probably use an oppen office spreadsheet.