How do I tell the insane neighbor to F.O. in a nice way?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Apr 28, 2009.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's why it has to be devious. He's the neighborhood gossip hound as well, so I would need to be careful - not that anybody takes anything he says seriously anyway.

Maybe - but I don't think I could do that with a good conscience. Why would I hate bi's and not gays? We have friends that are gay and I think my wife told him that (before we realized he was a loon).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Smile at him and say..."Your bi??? that's cool. I'm bi too....BIPOLAR!!!!!" And chase after him down the street with masterpeice Megatron. And say "Don't come around here AGAIN!" while making shooting sounds with your mouth.

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just start messing with him give him some advice regardless if its good or bad. Tell he is annoying and no one likes him and he looks like someone with a drinking problem. Ask him personal questions then tell him that's messed up. Maybe he will start avoiding you it works with co-workers have not tried it on neighbors though never had any problem with mine.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol  I figured it wasn't Loring Park. Just being an asshole.

I had a neighbor like this when I lived in that part of town and I never really dealt with him other than to straight up tell him I was going to smack the fruit flavor out of his mouth the next time he looked at my ass or my wife's ass. Direct, caustic language is the best way to get through to any horny drunk.

I'm not a homophobe, but I've allowed that guy to get that impression to avoid unwanted advances. Underhanded but useful. It's no different than college girls telling guys hitting on them that they are lesbians.

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    You could let him in on a secret of your own. That you are an energy vampire but the kind that works only on people in front of you. Then wave your hands around him and make sucking noises (like Hannibal Lechter). That should get him to leave you alone...

(...but most likely he would then come after you with a shot gun to "save himself".
    Seriously, though there isn't alot you can do short of moving to be rid of him entirely. The only other thing I'd recommend is to document all of his weird antics and watch this guy like a hawk. The benefit of documenting him 1) you can keep a record of what he says and does and if it escalates into worse things (stalking women; hanging around children, indecent exposure, etc) you can show the police and have a record of what the guy is doing and it could help them determine if he is becoming a threat to the neighborhood. It also puts him on their radar as a person to keep their eye on. And if he does something illegal then you have documentation on how crazy this guy is and hopefully it will get him removed from his house and sent somewhere to get the proper care he needs.

2) You'll always have something funny to read when you are bored...

I'd also recommend being friendly to him but not too friendly. You can reply to his questions, but don't ask him any questions. Don't help him with anything at his house but give him info who can help (don't fix his computer but give him the number to a computer repair place, etc). Just keep your exposure to a minimum yet still be kind and nice to the guy. You don't know what will set him off and how he will handle it.

Hopefully he is just socially inept and really harmless but you never know. Good luck

edit: reads the rest of MMM responses after Samtheman's post...
    well you can pretty much ignore this post...:eek: 
    stupid slow typist:banghead: 

6. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

MegaMoonMan, all the advice I have to offer is this above, combined with number 6 in your list of why this guy is annoying as your excuse.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I should call the cops on him because he likes to tell lame secrets?

Maybe you meant #5?

8. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh. Not alot of the 'F.O. in a nice way' in this thread, so I'll put in my :2c: .

I would put it as roughly "Look, my wife and I have talked about this and we find too much of what you say and do to be irritating or offensive. Please don't speak to or associate with either of us in any way. Sorry that this is offensive, but we just wanted to be straight with you and get this over with."

Although considering what you've said about this guy's orientation, maybe there should be some re-wording about that 'straight' part. :D 

9. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

You never want to insult a crazy person.

10. Shockwave_Ops

Shockwave_Ops Well-Known Member

Might want to watch Lakeview Terrace. Maybe get a few ideas from there. Nothing violent though!

11. Foster

News Credits:
    This guy doesn't seem crazy so much as "putting on airs to appear interesting."

This is why I don't really speak to my neighbors if I can avoid it. Good fences and all that.

12. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    wonder if this guy is the same wierdo I added to msn a few weeks ago and then blocked after hearing him blather on about magic and how hed be united with some fictional girl for 5 minutes

and id just ignore the guy he'll get the hint eventually that you dont like him and dont want to talk to him

and if not that then use reverse psychology on his ass and act crazy when hes acting crazy cause most likely hes just an attention whore

13. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

The next time he starts telling you about all the guys and chicks he's banging, tell him something like "I don't tell you about my sex life, so please don't tell me about yours".

Also: I highly doubt Minneapolis allows open containers of alcohol in public (unless there's something I don't know about), so if he's walking up an down the sidewalk, chugging, call the police on him.

14. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, if he's pretty normal when he's not drinking... Make it situational where he can't be around when he's been drinking. Tell him you're against drinking, or that you're on the wagon, or that you wife is on the wagon, or something similar...

15. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Just send him a link to this thread that'll learn him and maybe he'll take notice and stop being a douche.

16. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh noes!!! He's drinking!!! Call the five-o. Cause that's cool to do.

Calling the cops on people is a bullshit move, unless they do something really bad. Think about youself maybe having a drink in the front yard or walking to your neighbors holding a brew and someone calls the cops on you. Just because they don't like you. Karma can bite you in the ass.

17. metallica210

metallica210 Member

Just tick him off so badly by being stupid that he doesnt like you!

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Hmm...I'd try to ignore him. But, if that doesn't work, I say just act more crazy than him.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    dude, i'm serious...just have sex with him...awful horrible bad sex...then, he won't come around anymore cuz he won't be interested at all...it all stems back to the saying that if you don't want to do something someone asks you, do it badly and they won't ask again...

20. Foster

News Credits:
    Lumpy wins...this thread...