How did your 2018 go?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JaZzPrImE74, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Year's not over yet, but let's just say that it's been another one of those years you want behind you.

2. AnnaLK

AnnaLK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2018 was... wow. Long, I guess. Lots of good and bad things happened.

Most of it was great: I started training to be a therapeutic riding coach, I met and adopted my first horse (still love him so, so much!), I got my first job, and I then got out of my aforementioned (terrible) first job and got a new one that I really love!

But there was a few really low points for me, too: I had to put down my little hedgehog, Echo, because of an aggressive bone cancer in his jaw, then I also nearly lost my 14 year old dog, Roxie, a few times. Luckily, she’s doing better.

I failed my therapeutic coach certification test, and I’m still currently trying to complete it. And, finally, I had my first car accident.

But I am happy, I have so many good things to look forward to next year! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Thats great your keeping your head up in through those obstacles you face!

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah its been okay. A few ups and downs, nothing to really complain about.

5. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    If I'd have to say how well my 2018 collecting went well it had been a little rough. I think it could have been easier if figures where easy to buy online and in stores and without a rush. Just so someone else might buy it and throw it on eBay really quickly. I really hope 2019 collecting figures are plentiful online and in stores like it should be. I guess time will tell but i still need to buy the first wave yet without optimus and Megatron.

6. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I'd say mine went pretty good- definitely a year of self-discovery and closure.

1) I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which explained ALOT of things over the past 30 years. I couldn't be more relieved and happy to finally have an answer, a name, for what makes me the way I am.
    I'm in therapy once a week to further understand and manage it- and it's going well. ^_^

2) We adopted a cat, named her Molly, and she's the sweetest kitty in the whole world. ^_^

3) I took a cruise to Italy- went to several cool places, called a customs security guard a c--- (and got away with it- they didn't detain me), and discovered that Venice doesn't know what decent air conditioning is.

4) Witnessed an arrest that involved several cops- they surrounded a black SUV, and ordered the driver to exit the vehicle, guns drawn and everything- it was epic as hell. This happened on the way to work one morning, and I got to watch from several feet away- one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. I called my wife in the middle of it like, "YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M WATCHING RIGHT NOW!" LOL

5) Purchased my 1st Sentinel toy: Metamor-force God Gravion. It's definitely the most expensive toy in my collection, and I intend to keep him in the display case/probably never touch it unless I'm cleaning.

6) Won a free Google Home at the company Christmas party! Usually they run around $150, but they drew my name from a hat, and I won it- and it's COOL. I've got it on my night stand, and I use it every day.

7) Haven't had a gout flare up in over 7 months (knocks on wood)- so hopefully I can take this non-inflammatory streak into 2019.

8) Work went well- my yearly review was great, I got a raise, and a larger holiday bonus too- so work's all good.

Overall, I'd say my 2018 was pretty good. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 3