How did you come up with your name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mlgpapalouie, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

I am an electrician by trade. In construction, other trades call us electricians “sparky”. Just as the Allspark creates life for transformers, the ‘07 movie birthed renewed interest in me for all things transformers that I had abandoned since childhood. Hence the combo Allsparky!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Really I thought you got your user name from Shockwave's Japanese Name.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I never knew Shockwave was named Laserwave before until the MP was announced. When Transformers Animated was out and people thought Slipscream was snamed Laserwave, I found that offensive and some member made fun of me for that.

4. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

In Age of X, Cyclops doesn't have the codename Cyclops he is known as Basilisk which I really liked as a name and his eye piece there was awesome.

It's funny because these days I dislike Cyclops haha.

5. Raiju

Raiju Kaiju Mod Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Part of my name and job (synchronizing time on server clocks and workstations shouldn't be such an ass pain but my IT job makes it so), plus everything I do here is a giant time sink when I should be working or doing something much more constructive. :D 

6. LoneReaper115

LoneReaper115 Junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gather round and hear a tale of love, loss, and overcoming obstacles.

Our story begins around the turn of the new millenium. I was just a measly Junior in High School, when suddenly my family had received our first internet capable home computer.

As we gathered to witness what some would call an "antique" breathe it's first breath. Fans whiring, disk drives clicking, all the familiar beeps and bells you can imagine. Once the machine had loaded to a desktop, there was a silence.

"What shall we do next?" someone had exclaimed.
    "Why, we have one of these AOL free trial disks. Let us insert it into the machine and behold what the wonders of this thing called the internet has to offer."

After an hour or so of setup, we finally managed to be able to make our own profiles. At the time the show "South Park" was highly popular amongst us teenagers. I decided I shall ask this AOL character if I may have the name "kenny" and in anguish it had proclaimed that that name had been taken. Oh but dear readers, this is not where our story ends. After the heartbreaking message, it had suggested alternatives to me. One had the numbers "115" attached to it, and it seemed to have a nice ring to it, so I claimed it as my own.

Flash forward a few years to the release of the original Xbox and the goliath known as Halo:CE. It was quite common to travel to other companion's houses and proceed in the ritual known as "split screen multiplayer". Once there, we each had needed an avatar to use for this, so undecided I hit "random" until it had settled on "Reaper". This ritual would go on for quite some time, even occasionally ending in multi-console play in a basement of all places!

Xbox Live at the time was still in it's infancy stage, but shortly after the release of Halo 2, everything had changed. You were able to connect to the previously mentioned "internet" and join in the multiplayer ritual with others from around the world, from the comfort of your own house! "Egads!" I exclaim, "I must acquire the hardware to join into this arena!" And so I proceeded to purchase a starter kit.

Once connected I was once again prompted to create a new profile, one for the whole world to see, so I harkened back to my Halo:CE days and typed in "Reaper", which naturally was not available. I decided to add my "115" to it, and success! The Xbox Live gods had deemed myself worthy of becoming "Reaper115"!

Several years later I purchased an Xbox 360, and it told me that I could use my previous name. But alas, since my initial character's inception in the infancy of Xbox Live, my card attached to the account had long since been replaced. There was no alternate way to recover your name, and it seemed to be destined to live in limbo for eternity. I was not disheartened though, I pressed onward and it suggested the word "Lone" as a prefix to my "Reaper115" as an alternative. I found that fitting as my typical playstyle is to wander off on my own.

So that dear readers is where our story ends.

P.S. After several years, the powers that be released the names in limbo, and I was able to once again recover my original name, so as to not allow it to be corrupted. I currently have this as a second account as I've become quite attached to this name now. I allow my children to use my old name.

7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    I swear to god I have read something worded almost exactly the same before.

Also most people on here are like, 40 so they’ve all been through thise things that happened about 18 years ago.

8. LoneReaper115

LoneReaper115 Junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol no idea where.

9. Venixion

Venixion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Name of a fictional organization I made up in a fanfiction I'm writing. :oops: 

The word itself doesn't mean anything. Just a bunch of letters I messed with that sounded pleasing.

I do sometimes think of changing it. It's unique (I think). I'm not well known enough here that it matters.

• Like Like x 3
  10. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Lol...a coworker of mine used to have a Civic hatchback he called the Blue Meanie...

11. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seaconsuuu!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I couldn't think of anything better at the time so I was all like "what's a Transformers name that probably hasn't been used by multiple people?", and then I was all like "fuckin' uuuhhhh, grindcore? Yeah, there's a Transformer called that, and a Decepticon prison, and it's a genre of music I sometimes like" and 138 because the Misfits song 'We Are 138'.
    If I could change it then I'd probably go with Morbid Stingray like most of my other social media accounts, the story behind that one is incredibly weird and hard to explain.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My army buddies gave it to me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

I like Masterpiece Transformers, I buy masterpiece transformers- pretty simple

My chosen moniker has caused a few of the special kind of local wildlife to tailspin, and express their very strong opinions on what they consider 'legitimate masterpieces'- and how wrong I am. Maybe I should have called myself TheAlmightyGodRulerofEverything.

Who knew a name could have so much power. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

I wish I had a super cool story, but, I am pretty sure mine is obvious.

I feel so weak right now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Took parts of Beast Machines Jetstorm and Beast Wars Silverbolt's names and thus Jetbolt was formed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. scrumblebee

scrumblebee decepticon airplane guy

Twitter:
    a frame from a youtube video i watched when i was like 12
    Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 9.38.07 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. Predacon Gregatron

Predacon Gregatron Well-Known Member

My name rhymes with Meg. So instead of Megatron, I'm Gregatron.

18. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

A nod to my favorite Autobot and a play on a nickname given to me by a former boyfriend.

19. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Ummmm I used to really like smoking cigars- tough habit to break- and I figured Puffy McPufferson seemed like a suitable name. ^_^

20. IceCreamCyborg

IceCreamCyborg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I worked as a pizza delivery driver & my future wife was the manager. We would always hang out with the owners daughter. One time we were coming up with ridiculous inventions one was a helper robot who can do anything & one of its features was it can always provide any ice cream at will. It was an ice cream cyborg.

When I got an xbox 360 it kept rejecting all my user names. I kept trying to do variations of Grimlock- that was my user name for Monster Hunter Tri. I couldn't find a variation of Grim lock not taken & I got frustrated & just chose IceCreamCyborg & iIjust kept using it.