How did you come up with your name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mlgpapalouie, Apr 23, 2018.

1. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Art... it's my talent. Artimus seemed like a good spin of Artemis since transformers have Greek-like names. Prime was a logical last name.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mine is the result of utter ignorance. My name is Frank Schuler. When I first signed up, I was...somehow...of the impression that my screen name could be different than my login name. And I was wrong. So here I am. I wanted to use "Ironhide"...so I just made him my avatar instead. I've had the same avatar ever since I signed up.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CoktimusPrime

CoktimusPrime I see you ;)

Haha, funny that ...... I got banned from a site because they didn't like my username. Best thing ever happened because I ended up at this place. :D 

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

It was my cars nickname in the early 2000s. I can't remember my first account here for TFW, which was tied to my out of college work email and lost it. When I re-registered I used my car Forum name. My kids re-named my Camaro SS, "The MonSSter", so I am TheMonSSter on newer boards and Xbox live.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

Just decided to name myself after my favorite transformer that I'm a huge fan of.. because I'm so original when it comes to chosing usernames.. heh heh. The 0217 is also transformers, like ladiesman217 just with the added 0. I guess I used those numbers because ever since watching the '07 film, I can't count how many times I would look at a clock and it would almost always show either 2:17 am or pm.. it still happens.. it's weird lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. NemesisGamer

NemesisGamer Bane of Your Wallet

Huge fan of Nemesis Prime, and I enjoy playing video games and have been called a gamer for years haha. Hence NemesisGamer was born!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I've been obsessed with the Hulk since I was 2.

My other online handle is Ultron4898, used to be my name here. Back in 1997, when my family signed up for AOL, every name I tried gave me numbers at the end. I didn't want to be Hulk4788392020, so I chose a name that would make sense with numbers. So I chose Ultron and AOL assigned the 4898. So here we are, 21 years later, I still use Ultron4898 for most things.

8. Inanimate Carbon Rodimus

Inanimate Carbon Rodimus In Rod We Trust

Old school Simpsons reference combined with TFs.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Latooni

Latooni Terrorsaur enjoyer

Mine comes from a Super Robot Wars character I like. I think the localized titles use "Latooni" as her name, but it's meant to be spelled "Latune"?

• Like Like x 1
  10. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Marvel = I'm a decent fan of the comics, movies and games
    B = fun fact, it was originally BRICK for my PS3 account, due to how big I was into Lego, After Bionicle ended, I was in a lost and rediscovered my love of TFs. the B stands for BOT like my Xbox account, but i'm "Marvel B" because I wanted it to be open. Thus leading to my old avatar of Marvelbot being a banjo.

11. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I joined the boards when Revenge of the Fallen was going into production. Almost every day there'd be new images of the cast and crew on set, as well as sightings of the vehicles for the Transformers themselves. I thought Skids' green and black Chevy Beat alternate mode looked really cool, so he was the character I was the most excited for, and I chose my name accordingly.

12. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

My name is obvious. I love TF, and I say it rocks. Put those two together and you get TF rocks! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. fourth_heir

fourth_heir Battles for the fun of it!

I was looking for a name that would reference good ol' Optimus Prime that no-one else was likely to be using and this single throwaway mention of him being "Fourth Heir to the Matrix" from the TF:G2 comics seemed obscure enough for the part - and I was right! ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A simple answer: A Character from a old Nick Jr cartoon + Optimus Prime = My user name.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Named after my favorite Decepticon Soundwave and his minion Laserbeak.

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mako: taken from Final Fantasy 7. Mako energy can be turned into any of the various materia types.

Crab: my love of crabs began with the Genki Battlemover “live crab” mech from Bubblegum Crisis 7: Double Vision. From there it was various crab things that kept popping up in anime, and then finally Rampage from BW that solidified my love for all things crabby.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Favorite color is black + Scorpio is my astrological sign + Scorponok is a favorite character + Birth year is 1975 = BlackScorpinok75...then sometimes I shorten it like on here...:) ...at which point the "B" becomes...more versatile...representative of mood (black, dark), size (big), temperament (bad) & race (black, African-American)...

On a few old school sites where I ended up locked out...I used another favorite character in Ratbat...along with birth year to start anew as Ratbat75...otherwise...on on-TF sites I use Detroit Tyggah mostly...with Tyggah (after Poohs' buddy Tigger...I seemed to display Tigger-esq leaping ability in basketball...) being a nickname I inherited as a teen...and...I twisted the spelling (formerly Byg Tyggah) to my liking (...and...for differentiation from the radio personality Big Tigger)...and...an out of town friend started mistakenly calling me Detroit Tiger...thinking maybe I was a fan of my hometown baseball team...I explained Tyggah was like Tigger...Detroit prefix stuck except when I was back home...end of story...:) ...

18. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

It's pretty meta.

• Like Like x 1
  19. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Used my e-mail address initials + Former.

20. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

I am an electrician by trade. In construction, other trades call us electricians “sparky”. Just as the Allspark creates life for transformers, the ‘07 movie birthed renewed interest in me for all things transformers that I had abandoned since childhood. Hence the combo Allsparky!

• Like Like x 1