How did the rest of the Autobots react to hearing Optimus Prime had died?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Proud Nintendo, Apr 21, 2021.

1. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

Well the autobots had just suffered heavy losses including Optimus Prime when you consider this was followed by a second Decepticon attack on the devastated autobots forcing them to scatter and flee into space and events that ultimately lead to a new Prime being chosen who earned his title by destroying cybertrons version of the devil I imagine the sadness of the deaths would be somewhat muted by the arrival of a new Prime. For all the autobots knew waiting a for a new chosen one to recieve the matrix could've taken years or even centuries so I imagine there was allot of celebrating. I mean I'm sure they had funerals and gave after death honours and titles that sort of thing but from what we see only Rodimus and a few others seem to truly miss Optimus. Possibly because he had less interacion with those bots or being on earth for so long they thought him more like a mythological figure rather than a living being.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

“cybertrons version of the devil”?

None of the autobots in the film even knew who or what Unicron was

3. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cerebros went on a tear about never wanting to fight again and then locked himself in the bathroom for two weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd bet there'd be more than one Autobot massively resentful at Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. "Who the hell is this jackass coming in and claiming Optimus' title?"

• Like Like x 3
  5. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  6. Primeultra

I seriously doubt that would be the case, at least not with the autobots from the original g1 cartoon continuity

They all seemed to have blind faith in him because the matrix chose him

not even grimlock had any dislike of Rodimus

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

to be fair Grimlock was majorly dumbed down in season 3. I mean from what I remember he almost never transformed opting to staying in his T-rex mode even when he temporarily gains super intelligence. the comics version would probably had different reactions. dreamwave Grimlock basically ordered Optimus to kill Megatron at one point stating if he wouldn't or couldn't that he was basically unfit to lead the autobots. It's hard to imagine him accepting Hot Rod as rightful leader easily unless Rodimus had already proved himself a capable leader in Grimlock's eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Primeultra

To be fair you’re crossing information from different continuities which don’t completely apply to each other and sighting examples that don’t really support anything

I don’t deny they made Grimlock more “kid friendly” but I don’t see how staying in Dino mode reflects on anything substantial
    that depends on which comics,

I doubt that Marvel G1 Grimlock would have rebelled very much with the Rodimus of that continuity, in fact from what I remember of the UK comics he didn’t

And while Rodimus didn’t feature in the US books, from what we saw in ReGen I doubt Grimlock would have complained very much about Rodimus since Rod seemed to be more proactive when it came to fighting
    And yet, Optimus failed to kill Megatron in that universe......by choice not mistake

9. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

What if the Grimlock regression was because of Optimus Prime’s death? Perhaps seeing the only warrior he had respect for die did some stuff to him psychologically. Maybe Dino Mode was some sort of a coping thing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, except for one time that Rodimus snapped at Grimlock, Rodimus sure as hell treated Grimlock and the Dinobots far better than Optimus ever did. Optimus kept them locked in a cupboard when they weren't needed.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Bee427

Bee427 I'm here-er and I'm queerer

I really like this idea. I can imagine there'd be at least a few season 1/season 2 Autobots who either still weren't quite processing the change in leadership or were very, very unhappy about it. If the events of the movie are to be taken at face value, all of that happened really fast and not everyone might have had the chance to grieve properly afterwards. I think there'd definitely be some resentment aimed at Rodimus, logically or not. Not enough to start a coup or anything, but enough to ruffle a lot of feathers.

• Like Like x 2