How Close Are You To Being Done With Your Collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by El Duque, Jan 24, 2017.

1. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

I don't really see an end but I do see a slow down after this year. With 3rd parties starting to ramp up production and a few new comers each year more and more characters are being made. Its going to be an expensive year now with TW doing Superion and Bruticus and FT doing Omega and Jetfire. Outside season 2 and The Movie I don't really have an attachment to. I do see myself picking up a figure that catches my interest or something I want to replace but that's about it.

Some of the Transformers I am hoping for in MP scale is an Elita One, box of 3 Sharkticons, Sky Lynx, Astrotrain and Voodoo's IronHide.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Out here making whatever whenever

When it comes to collecting, I'm a habitual line stepper... Lol. I've set "goals" before, but then something new comes out or I get interested in a different toyline, and it just pulls me back in. The only thing I've more or less been able to walk away from has been Marvel Legends collecting; the constant mold reuse and repaints just got to be too repetitive for me, so I quit collecting the waves and just do a one off purchase here and there to fill a character gap. It's different from combiner wars though; the combining aspect still enables me to enoy the line despite it being another remold/repaint themed toy series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps a better question and title would have been "How Close Are You To Reaching Your Collecting Goals"?

• Like Like x 1
  4. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Maybe 5 or 6 more to go and I'll have what I wanted as a core collection. Then I can just start getting random characters outside of the season 1 and 2 lineup

5. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like to see some MP styled Sharkticons. Unique Toys Sharkies come the closest to fitting the bill at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Justbob

Justbob Well-Known Member

LOL even if I do run out of money, I'll find ways to satisfy my plastic addiction. Food, shelter....nah I don't need those, I got a big ole giant Omega Supreme from FT.

• Like Like x 1
  7. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    When i have a Masterpiece(ish) representation of every character from 1984-88, maybe.

So maybe 20 years from now.

8. researchicon

researchicon Well-Known Member

After spending so much on the 84/85 characters, getting into 86 and beyond might be difficult.... The wallet needs a break. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  9. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Just switched from mainline to mp,3p, ko I have a long way to go

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

I'm about 3 pre orders away from finishing my MP collecting.

Braun, Powerglide, Ironhide.

Edit: BRAWN :p 

Exceptions will be made for MP Omnibots.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  11. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Not even close, my Transformers collection is one of my slowest moving and in the past several years since I've started collecting, I`ve only got 18.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Done? Hahahaha.... Not even close!

13. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Braun? I saw MP Braun at walmart yesterday! ;) 

Braun799cc.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Saw this. Almost PO'd: good head tilt but lack of ankle tilt was unforgivable.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Update guys,but to answer the OP original topic I will answer with less than a year from now,all of those I posted about earlier are probably unrealistic expectations,but I am definitely sure I will finish my Season 1 Cast Set including Reflector who were part of the Ark Set even tho they didn't come out till a year or two later in the mail-away set.

But mainly I want to try to complete the S.1 Set,I realize some like Brawn,Sunstreaker,Huffer,Windcharger,and Gears may not happen for me cause they either are too expensive or their aesthetics aren't just right for me.Also I would like to try to get most of the main characters from Season 2,which I have preorders for most like Cosmos,Omega Supreme,Skyfire,and Seaspray,but I am still holding out for characters like Beachcomber,Powerglide,Outback,and the Insecticons which none of the 3P versions fit my tastes as far as price or looks are concerned.

The rest like Season 3 and beyond I really could care less if I get those,except maybe The Monsterbots Doublecross,Grotusque,and Repugnus,which as a kid when those were shown I absolutely fell in love with those and to have MP's of them would be the icing on the cake,they were so unusual from the rest of the line they just stuck in my mind,and when I heard this new company called Fans Hobby announced all 3 of them I knew they would be mine,and I have the first one Repugnus on PO,and can't wait for the other 2 to go up and they will be too.

But to close I figure I have about 25 to 30 figures left to go and my MP Collection will be complete for my liking.Later all.

16. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    idk so much about being complete as much as being donethe way my habits an collection is i'd say with 6-7 pieces that are either released or coming soon would make me done but i'm overall missing key pieces that i dont think will be made to make me complete

17. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I'm out of room, so as soon as this list is done, I'm out for the foreseeable future...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I don't think I will ever be done. Too addicted to the engineering and the designs of Transformers. I am a mechanical engineer, and the transformations always tickle my fancy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Would buy!

I'm a sucker for the cars too. Heck, I wish some enterprising KO company would downsize the Binaltechs to MP size.
    One day when all the G1 carbots are done, maybe someone will see an opportunity to make modern car versions of some beyond what we're seeing for the Stunticons. I have Prowl as the Fairlady Z, but I have zero interest in repaints or redecos of any mold I already have. So I'm open to a different car for Streak and Smoke. Likewise I already have a great Countach in Sideswipe; Sunstreaker could be something different.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. NemesisAngel

NemesisAngel Well-Known Member

So clooooo--Fanstoys and Toyworld MP combiners?...it's gonna be a while.

• Like Like x 1