How Can We Help Bob Orci Fit The Dinobots In For TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, May 28, 2009.

1. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

Don't forget the X-Box bot!!!

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Not to be insulting, but Orci already stated "No Dinobots."

EDIT: Looks like Orci changed his mind. Maybe Dinobots in TF3. Looks like we don't have to help him after all.

3. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    He also said that he'd "warmed" to them by the end of the RotF writing period.

4. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I wasn't specifically responding to your idea, but I can now.

No. Your idea hinges around a spelling and grammar error.

5. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    They put the dinobots in the damn movie series?

6. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Just some protoforms dinausaur like... Ravage is a feline-robot so Dinobots could just simply be dinobots.... Meaning they have an alt mode looking like dinosaurs and a robot mode.. But then again, if u follow the story, its actually wheeljack and Ratchet that created the dinobots scanning old bones from the museum....

7. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

:banghead: 

I can't comment on Ravage for obvious reasons, but regarding Skorpinok- notice that not only did the character remain in its element, but there was ZERO emphasis on the fact that he was a giant robot scorpion. How would you achieve those containers with giant robot dinosaurs? Because in order to make the Dinobots work within a story, you would need them.

8. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    1. I would assume that Cybertron had extinct dinosaur like creatures. We will also have large sized autobots who would transform into dinosaurs to avoid size changes. The movies already have Scorponok and Ravage so Dinobots should not be a problem.
    I am just not sure who these giant dinobots will fight on the Decepticon side. Dinosaurs like Brontosaurus were pretty large creatures so they can't be as small as Bumblebee. Maybe giant dinobots will be a good match for the giant Decepticon combiners.

If the giant dinobots stay on earth, they will probably need a cloacking device or they can stay on an island or mountain top until somebody calls them into action.

2. Another way is for 6 autobots to combine into a giant T Rex like creature to fight Decepticon combiners.

9. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i even said it was cheesy

10. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

how about a secret faction of autobot who chased megatron after he took off after the cube...megatron landed on earth first and got turned into an icecube...the other autobots lands afterward but during the dinosuar age so they became a bunch of lizards, lol...

and all the dinobots combine into Godzilla, ROFL...

11. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

:deadhorse: 

12. iamamachine

News Credits:
    It would be nice to have dinobots who look like Rodan, Mothra, Ankylosaurus, etc. The Japanese cartoons Transformers beast wars neo had more dinosaur and beast robots like one that could turn into an Ammonite.

13. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

If we MUST have them, I say robo-dino for bot mode, and mean lookin vehicles as alt mode. That or GTFO!

14. iamamachine

News Credits:
    If Grimlock is a large T Rex, he can fight Trypticon.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, not really. We have robots that'll end up a big scorpion and big cat thing. I wasn't fazed by Scorponok. I doubt I'll be fazed by Ravage. If there was a big robot bird that was Lazorbeak, I doubt I'd be fazed by that. I don't think I'd be fazed by robot dinosaurs, unless one was a gigantic, Godzilla-sized Trypticon. That might be a bit of a stretch...unless it was the 'combiner' idea facetiously thrown out here which actually amuses me. I just don't see how there's any 'need' for a 'logical' setup of some sort for the Dinobots. Nothing about Scorponok was inherently logical (if we're assuming insect-like creatures can only exist on Earth in the Bayverse) nor explained in any detail, but that didn't bother me. Robot dinosaurs without an explanation won't either since the precedent has been set.

16. LeoMaximus1983

LeoMaximus1983 Well-Known Member

I thought it out so basicly Dinobots, Predacons, Terrorcons and Horrorcons are more or less Primitive cybertronian species that before the great war were found to posses amazing strength, instinct and a huge desire for battle. So megatron had them Trained to become ruthless killers that would do his bidding being able to be dropped in to combat situations that regular cybertronian troops could not. Then durring the Division and the War the Dinobots are betrayed by the other Cons and Join`forces with Optimus but only as to suit their own needs. Now flash forward to say movie 3 and all hell is breaking loose Prime sends urgent messages for re-enforcements due to the apreance of the Predacons (yes i want them for movie 3 as nemesis for Dinos) and a Drop ship containing the Dinos arrive and we get to see some very brutal primative fighting between unrulely beasts.

Keep them Cybertronian no need for them to scan fairground rides or musem pieces.

17. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

no explanation

just show up, like Scorponok, Ravage, Insecticons, etc.

Heck, if they can put that stupid Alice pretender, or whatever, they can do dinobots.

18. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I would find it funny is Grimlock came to earth and took a stupid looking car and the other Autobots are just shaking their heads at Grimlock "No dude...no..."

Or him picking a tiny car just because its Shiny xD

19. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Yes. Dinobots FTW!! :lol  :rock 

20. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

In a round-about way, you have made my point for me. It's not about what would faze you or any other TransFan; you're already sold on the premise and use of the Dinobots. The trick is getting the general audience, whose support would be needed, to buy in. That's a totally different effort requiring much more structure since the characters will be in a 2+ hr live action movie (requiring a special demand on the suspension of disbelief) instead of a 30 minute cartoon or 24 page comic book. Scorpion or cat =/= dinosaur. Think beyond the fangasm.