How BAD is your Wal Mart ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CETERUS PRIME, Aug 25, 2010.

1. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

OK, so just about every province in Canada has received and sold many of the latest waves of TF's, yet we STILL haven't even received our first wave ! Even NL, which requires trucks to pass by our local Wal Mart stores in order to get the Ferry arcoss the Atlantic, has received their's, yet for some mysterious unknown reason, all of our local WM stores here in the Sydney, NS area have yet to receive (so they say) or put them out. Some locals have posted sightings in their travels, and apparently other stores 2 (+) (-) hours away have them, which makes me think our stores are just being downright lazy, or they have too much old stock and are trying to get rid of it by drying us out. It's especially frustrating for me, because I received a gift card from work for 15 years of service that is burning a hole in my wallet :p  and I can't spend it ! Talk about having a sucky Wal Mart !!! :banghead:  I was going to ask to speak to the dept manager, but I really don't think it woud do any good, especially considering the person I spoke with yesterday couldn't care less. What's worse is that the pegs and shelves at one of our stores have been empty for days now, and the labels clearly read what latest figures are coming, not to mention the paperwork hanging above which also shows the date in which they were supposed to be out on display, 3 days ago now :rolleyes2 

Anyone else going through this ? And what can we do about it ???

2. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Sounds like a remod. Be patient for a few more days...

3. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Nothing quite like that, but we have a super Wal-Mart literally next door to my school. It's one of those all-purpose ones where you can get groceries, electronics, personal care, home improvement etc. in one store. The toy section is quite sizeable but the Transformers make up less than 1/4 of the smallest aisle in the whole section. That was more than disappointing to me.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    We don't even have WalMart over here. Consider yourselves lucky.

5. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I wish we had Walmart in Peru. :( 

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

The Wal-Mart nearest me isn't too bad. I was lucky to find a few figures there that I had a hard time finding elsewhere (HA Barricade to name one). My only complaint was that I had never once seen Masterpiece Skywarp there at all; for having exclusives, they certainly didn't seem to have any in stock, save for the exclusives that I had no desire in getting.

7. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well the Walmart in Palatka re-stocks Transformers about 2-3 times a YEAR!!!!!!

8. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    This is probably the case, I think Walmart is more concerned with back to school stuff and Halloween coming up. After that they worry about toys with the holidays.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Mine is not the world's worst, but it's not a very good place for a collector.

Waves are hit or miss since instead of getting waves a bit along they tend to get in a ton of one wave at once so if there is a shelf warmer in the wave that's all you will see for a very long time.

But at least they are stocking some of the new Transformers stuff.

Since they did the old move the sections around thing in the toy department we haven't gotten any new Marvel or GI Joe stuff in even though both have sold fairly well for this Wal-Mart and both of them have new waves out.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

No but we have Asda which is the same thing (they are owned by the same company).
    Aside from most Asdas being a hive of chavs and homeless drunkards, they do usually do alright for toys, and cheap ones at that!

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This sounds like my wal-mart as well and it doesn't help in in a town of less than 10,000 people in a mainly rural area.

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    This is the Walmart near me back in December of last year. I had more updated photos, because it didn't get any better than this for about 9 months (that's last week to you and I). It's still not much better either.
    [​IMG]

That by the way is Superquad7's representation of what really happened to make the shelves look like that.

Attached Files:

13. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    The toy section in the K-Mart near me looks like that 365.

3-4 Wal-Mart stores near me, at least clean.

14. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    My Walmart varies, sometimes it's that bad, sometimes better. But I'm fairly certain they don't have dedicated staff to toys anymore, which means stocking is haphazard at best and because of Walmart's "regional tailoring" they ditched GI Joe (and we're right next to an Air Force base)

That is why the internet is my primary source for toys anymore.

15. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    As long as they are not waiting for a reset, my Walmart is awesome. We've even been getting exclusives which is big because back in 07-08 we weren't cause of the store size. Plus it's off the beaten path so it's pretty much always has the toys that other people have a hard time getting. I was lucky enough to pick up a red rampage when he first hit retail.

16. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

well, when my Walmart got Generations and HFTD stuff I was happy because they had Drift! All the other Walmarts in the state just had WFC Prime and Bumblebee. So I consider my Walmart GOOD at the moment :) 

17. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

There's about six Walmarts within about 30-45 minutes of me. Some are nice and clean and others are run-down ghetto stores that usually get ransacked on the first of the month. It all depends on the area they're in. The toy situation completely varies from store to store.

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i has no wal-amrt but we have hiper paiz (an store owned by wal-mar btw), it really needs to get on cleanrace and put on stock the never figs and leader priem and megs and supreme devs

19. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    There are two close to me, and one is great at restocking (until recently with a remodel that is almost done). One is lower traffic, and also slow at marking down stuff, so they don't get as much new product (still have a stack of the Ramjet/Skywarp exclusives for $22). They are pretty decent though, and I used to have their stock days down to a science. The nice thing is that I live in a pretty mid/upper-middleclass city so the Walmarts are actually clean and pretty nice. There are some other real rathole walmarts in the area.

20. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    I've got 1 really close to me and 1 a fair distance. The one closer to me is packed to the rafters with mostly RPM's, Activator and FAB's. Only major stuff I saw was PCC's and Battle Bee.