How are we going into Wave 5 without a single card of Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge or Rodimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Trading Card Game (TCG) Discussion' started by Humpski, Dec 30, 2019.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You know it would be a nice way to cross promote the card game and the toy line if they replaced those dumb useless cards the toys have been packaged with and instead put in TCG cards of those characters. I mean the card game is already pretty much following the toy line anyway so why not?

It could also server as an alternative way to collect cards, want a specific character, just buy their toy. Don't care about the toys and/or looking for more battle cards, keep buying blind packs. (Toys would not include battle cards only the card for that character.)

They could also do a thing where the toy pack versions have exclusive art that is different from the blind pack versions of the same character for people who enjoy collecting variants.

Anyway... I agree it is weird that there's no cards for Galvatron, Scourge, Cyclonus, and we do have Hot Rod but not Rodimus Prime...

I'm thinking that considering the missing characters are all ungraded versions of other characters... maybe they're trying to work on a game mechanic that involves something like turning Megatron into Galvatron during a game... or like Hot Rod needs to be holding the Matrix of Leadership to become Rodimus Prime.

If that is the case... I wander how that would effect Scourge and Cyclonus considering the controversy surrounding who they may or may not have been before Unicron upgraded them... or how they're going to incorporate pre-upgraded forms like Orion Pax.

2. Flip Flip Bang Bang

Flip Flip Bang Bang Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    WOTC have actually addressed the lack of Galvatron / Cyclonus (poor Scourge rarely gets mentioned, kudos for including him). Apparently they feel those three are iconic enough as a trio that they'd be reserve for a focus of a product, not just slotted in with something else. It was either in an interview with Vangelus or with Vector Sigma, back during the Wave 3 spoiler season iirc.

I'd put money on some sort of stand along box set at some point, but not necessarily this year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    2021 will be the 35th anniversary of Transformers The Movie. Maybe an Energon Edition version could be produced for that if the Hasbro mothership gives the okay.

4. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm predicting that with the completion and shipping of Unicron from Hasbro Pulse next year in January, we'll see Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge/Sweeps tied in somehow if we don't before then.

5. Flip Flip Bang Bang

Flip Flip Bang Bang Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I really hope not, hyper-expensive editions should not be the way forward for this game.

6. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Just a guess on my part because if WotC is going to continue to produce Energon Edition sets, they will need a theme to build the set around. The upcoming 35th anniversary of the movie could be one of those, assuming Hasbro lets WotC use that branch of the TF tree.