How about Saberhorn and Glowstrike return ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Windsweeper II, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I've always felt Saberhorn and Glowstrike could be some major villains in RID and while that was a great final for Steeljaw it was kinda dissapointing because i felt they could have done more with those characters.
    Would be nice if they escaped their prison and became team evil for the Autobots to beat in the final of season three.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Based on my profile pic, I'm sure you can guess where I stand on the issue. Also the more he appears, the more likley for that sought after warrior figure.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Yeah, a warrior toy would be great.
    And maybe we could get a G1 Barrage recolor out of it too :) 
    I've been thinking with Saberhorn being a pirate maybe this could be a chance to finally introduce Thundertron and the Starseekers into the cartoon.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I really do want to see Saberhorn return. Loved that dude in Metal Meltdown. Never cared for Glowstrike, but that's partly due to her never getting any focus put on her. It would be cool if she got one in the future.

5. PeterMagnus

PeterMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Saberhorn was a very interesting character in Metal Meltdown. They even set up a rivalry between Bee and him. "I don't think we've seen the last of that con." That was a wasted opportunity.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They were way underused, Glowstrike didn't get to have any cool moments.

Which sucks since she since reminds me of a female cybertronian Frieza.

I hope they return or they get toys, whatever comes first.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I hate about this series is that it has no real main villains. Its always some throw-away Decepticon each episode, and every twice or thrice a season the supposed main villain pops up for a brief 2 minutes in the episode. The supposed main villain is reduced to nothing more than a recurring character, and that would still work if their presence was still there. But its not. Season 1 had it going well towards the end until they scrapped everyone and went with the throw-away villain of the week. It got even worse when all the new cons turned out to just be repaints, and the show began to just run on filler. Glowstrike, Saberhorn, and Scorponok were such a wasted opportunity.
    Its not a terrible show, it just feels very mediocre to be honest. The only episodes I've been able to actually enjoy this season are Starscream's arc (still has its major dissapointments), Decepticon Island, and Soundwave's 1 episode return. Everything else is just "eh".

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I get having villain of the week, but this show needs a more consistent villain threat.

Steeljaw was this until the end of Decepticon Island.

9. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even then he got no characterization apart from "He's smart and scary" but nothing beyond that. Even movie Megatron had more developement across the 3 films (not much, but more).

10. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    How about: he wants to create a Decepticon colony on earth ? He is brave enough to take on a demigod if betrayed by said demigod ? He is resoursefull and opportunistic ? He bears a grudge ? ...
    He has gotten plenty characterisation and i think he has potential to become a bigger threat still.
    But Scorponok, Glowstrike and Saberhorn remain a dissapointment and that is partly due to the way they where used to built that characterisation for Steeljaw.
    But i think a story could still be built around their triumvirate.

11. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would've been interesting if Steeljaw had a strategy for accomplishing that beyond "Acquire Decepticon prisoners."

I would support this, if the story were to move to Cybertron and away from Earth.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I'd love to see Glowstrike, Saberhorn, and Scorponok return. The three of them were tragically wasted, and I really loved the voices each character got. Plus, if they brought back Steeljaw, they could have the three of them out for his blood for betraying them, and he'd have to seek protection with the Autobots.

• Like Like x 1
  13. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Definitely would not be opposed to seeing Sabrehorn back. He had a great personality and I would have loved to see more time dedicated to his characterization. Also, I would buy the heck out of a Warrior Class Sabrehorn figure. :D 

• Like Like x 1