House of M #8. EXTREME SPOILERS HERE IN.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by PopCulturePooka, Nov 2, 2005.

1. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

heh.

no... the question is...Are you done?

so you've met claremont. i have met him twice in the last two years when he dropped into the uk

i've talked to him, i've heard the story from his own mouth i know the interview your talking about, yes austen wanted to use him for holy war as if stryker could save that crap. but it wasnt the way austen said it went down it claremont was not senior writer atthe time morrison was( claremont had no pull over the main x books) it wasnt that claremont wanted stryker so austen couldnt have him marvel had basicly ordered him to do GLMK2 and that meant he had to use stryker you know to tie into the movie? by the time austen asked for stryker it was already set in stone.

look i'm done arguing i never said claremonts a saint and if you can get the idea is all he cares about is selling his books from one encounter thats up to you i'm not going to argue or try to change your opinion of him. but i will argue misconceptions about whats going on at marvel.

look we can argue till we're blue in the face. i wont back down and neither will you. i'm not trying to change your opinion of the man and i dont think you are trying to change mines why dont we just drop it leave it be. if you want to continue lets take it to PM's

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Have you seen what Chamber looks like without his powers? Trust me, his life was ruined.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    I really don't care that you like Clearmont nad I don't. There's porbaly tons of writers I like that you don't and vice versa. I really just don't believe that Marvel really changes all this stuff on him. I could see maybe here and there something changes but from what you are telling me, it's like every bad story or failed idea was the editorial dept and not him. That's all I find hard to swallow.

4. green_machine

green_machine cezium salami!!!!

isint like.. half his face gone or something like that?

5. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Didnt claremont originally leave marvel to write books about a chick flying a plane? I tend to agree with the argument above.

6. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I just had a thought about the whole depowering. How is X-Factor going to function as a mutant private investigation agency when most of Mutant Town's population has undoubtedly lost their powers?

I know Peter David will be able to do something to tie the first few issues in with Decimation, but I'm worried about where the comic is going after the tie-in is over.

7. Wildridimus Prime

Wildridimus Prime minimate

Good Grief, I am getting really sick of "MEGA-ULTRA-100-ISSUE-TIE-IN-SUPER-CROSSOVERS"

and am I the only Avengers fan who thinks that Wanda being this huge mega villian is completely against the way the character has been developed over the past 25 years?

Was HoM good? Yeah, it was alright, but it was far from the greatest story ever.

I will say this, I am enjoying and getting really sucked into Infinite Crisis. Yeah, I know, it is the quintessential "MEGA-ULTRA-100-ISSUE-TIE-IN-SUPER-CROSSOVER", so sue me. DC may be destroying characters I've really liked for years, but I'll be damned if the writing isn't the best they've had in quite a while so I'm willing to go with the flow.

8. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Desperate for Lawn League packs

News Credits:
    *only reads New X-Men among the X-Men books*

Hey, as long as Mercury and X23 keep their powers (and they are), I'm fine.

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

No. He left over a huge dispute over the X-Universe at the time. Mostly because it turned into Jim Lee and Liefeld wanting to take creative control of the franchise. Which eventually Liefeld got with X-Force until he left to help start Image.

10. DevilzFan

It's eerily similar to Hal Jordan in Emerald Twilight and becoming Parallax.

11. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:

12. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

10 years down the line:

"I'm telling you Tony, it was an evil yellow space bug the whole time. I'm fine really, now let's just put this whole thing behind us and move on..."

13. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    10 years? It took them what 3 months after Wolv. cut off Mag's head for him to pop up and say "wasn't me".

14. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Claremont needs to be put out to pasture with Peter David, John Byrne, and Frank Miller.

They are all past their prime, have lost what made them great in the first place, and are generally out of touch.

I can't think of the last GOOD story I'ver read from any of those ol' farts. They were good. Now, we don't need things like Storm using her powers and saying "My mutant ability to control weather should work here!" we don't need embarrasing crap like Dark Night Strikes Back, and the new chapter of the Other by David is so weak and out of touch I couldn't believe it.

Coasting on name alone, boys, face it.

15. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Much more than half of Chamber's face actually. From his stomach up to just below his nose was all 'destroyed' when his powers first manifested. It was his powers from then on that made it so he didn't need to breath or eat and communicate telepathically. Really I don't see how he can survive with out his powers now.

16. DevilzFan

I'll agree with all but Byrne

17. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    Byrne is touch and go. Same with David. I rather liked "The Other" so far. A little slow but entertaining. Also his "Tempest Fugit" story in Hulk was interesting. Not Bruce Jones interesting but a decent read. Miller for the most part is past it. All Star is fun though and I am really enjoying it.

But for the most part, for every good story from these guys, there are 5 bad ones. That JLA story Byrne and Clearmont did? UGH! DK2? Yuck! It's not worth reading 10 stories for one good one. Get someone more relyable in there.

18. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Not really so much for me...it just feels as though he's writing "Batman and Robin Visit Sin City," as far as the dialogue and narration is concerned, anyway. Issue 2 just screamed to me that the man has lost his knack for making each story he writes unique from the former.

19. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

They leave the # of mutants at 198, but mark my words, in six months, "new" mutants will start popping up, and keep track of em, by the end of 06, it will be like 1,980 mutants. And Claremont is like David Wells. He's old and tired. Does he still pitch a gem? Yeah, but you never know, if this is that game or if he's going to give up 3 runs in the first.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Whomever brings up this "Claremont vs. Marvel Editors" argument again and includes some personal remarks is going to get a week's break from this forum. If you're getting that worked up over it, you deserve it.

And you all know who you are. Only warning.