Hot Wheels Optimus Prime In-Package image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BlackHawkOmega, May 2, 2024.

1. HowardC

HowardC Well-Known Member

Except no, it obviously isn’t like that. It says right in the article we are commenting on that optimus is coming in a pack of six with five other trucks. So they’ll part that case out but not the case of 72. Why? This isn’t a hot wheels thing. They sell toys in an assortment like every other toy company on the planet. It’s the retailers I have an issue with.

2. Aarion23

Aarion23 Living in the Digital World!

News Credits:
    What he said! LOL

3. Aarion23

News Credits:
    Nothing says "hiding in plain sight" more than a giant ass Autobot Insignia on your vehicle mode! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aarion23

News Credits:
    As I said above, it is harder to part and sell a case of 72 cars, beacsue you get a lot of undesirable cars in it, that the person or online retailers would have to sit on.

Haven't you ever gone into a store and see rows of Hot Wheels just sitting there? And some can sit there for years and not get sold.

I also know that stores stock them regularly, I am saying I have seen the same cars for years and they not get sold.

But the ones that are desired they are picked clean through.

5. Aarion23

News Credits:
    I mean, I would, but I already have so much stuff that I sort of wing it when I get the items XD otherwise I would have areas of nothing, and that just won't do! LOL

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This isn't the first time Mattel has set up toys like this. At 1.18 USD before tax, it just isn't priced for the kind of online individual retail. We have another example from Mattel...their Mega Construx Hero Series figures. They've stated before that it's difficult to sell 5 dollar Hero figures because of the costs of online warehousing, the man hours to part and single out figures, and the uneven distribution of figures in a case. You'll note that brick sites that do sell Hero figures do it by selling them at 10 USD+, more for the sought after figures.

Meanwhile, Track Fleet cars are 6 to 8 bucks depending on where you get them. They're priced better in the Hot Wheels scheme to allow individual online sale. Individual sale for Hot Wheels Basics is always a tough sell becuase it's 72 cars per case, and it's uneven distribution of castings with a chance of a Chase Cars, Treasure Hunt and Super Treasure Hunt. Randomly put into cases and they outright replace a car in the case. You could buy a case with Bumblebee that's supposed to be in it only to find that a Super Treasure Hunt car probably replaced it in the case.

Retailers can lose by having a ton of cars for an online sale warehouse because a Case of HW Basics isn't all entirely new cars. There are a ton of recolors or straight up reruns of cars from previous cases, once all the desirable ones are sold. So yeah, it kind of is a Hot Wheels thing here.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I think the Hot Wheels crossover is so fascinating considering these look pretty good, but at the same time they'll be so rare or overpriced to effectively be non-existent to the collecting community at large.

Like, I've made peace with the fact there's no way I'm finding a 1/case of either Prime or Bumblebee. It's simply not happening. And the transforming Prime is made to order and comically expensive so that's not finding its way into collections.

Just... Interesting.

8. Aarion23

News Credits:
    It depends on your store, if your store has large bins of hot wheels then you have a better chance at finding Bumblebee.

What helps with stress is if you look for what cars come in the packs of 72, that way you know when to dig into the bins.

It saves time randomly looking in areas where you know they won't be. Case K Hot Wheels 2024.png Case L Hot Wheels 2024.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. MeGrimlock78

MeGrimlock78 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if they were one per case, but I've been lucky enough to find the licensed Hot Wheels I've wanted over the years at Walmart. The only recent ones I never saw in store were the black X-Jet (I got the blue though) and Pursuit Mode KITT (got the regular YEARS ago though).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aarion23

News Credits:
    I have been having a decent time getting cars that I want, the case system makes it much more easier to know what I am looking for.

Like I used to just randomly dig in PILES of cars, without knowledge that it actually could be there.

Only just recently thanks to Bumblebee have I discovered easier ways to look and see if there is actually a chance a car might be in a bin.

If I see any car in the case list, then I know I have to dig.

Oh and I was the opposite with the X-Jet, I could find many black ones but only ever found 1 blue one in a torn up missing cars multipack! LOL

The package on the Blue X-jet was not the best but when you find it, you get it! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is kind of intentional. Mattel has deemed Optimus worthy enough to go to these online only retailers in addition to the regular waves in physical retail. Bumblebee, for whatever reason was not deemed to get that production.

I originally thought the online stores jumped the gun with the listings, but they definitely have the stock, which can only mean Mattel sold them an exclusive stock of Optimus diecasts.

12. Aarion23

News Credits:
    I know this has been brought up by myself before and others have mentioned it themselves. But I am gonna bring it up again anyway! LOL

Mattel is known for repaints on mass released Cars and Trucks, like look at the Batmobiles they pump out every year!

We know that Hasbro is gonna make transforming Deluxe (assumed) class Hot Wheels cars in 2025?

So it makes me wonder, is Mattel going to release a 2nd paint scheme for Bumblebee and Optimus Prime in 2025?

The only 2 I could really see them honestly doing are Nemesis Prime and Goldbug, I sadly do not see a Shattered Glass 2 pack in the future let alone single releases. LOL

(This is me pre-coping on SG so I don't get let down):lol 

I suppose if you gave the cab a Magnus trailer you could get a Delta Magnus repaint of Ultra Magnus, but Delta Magnus is a relative nobody that probably wouldn't sell well, then again, the novelty of Transformers X Hot Wheels could be enough to get sales.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
  13. MeGrimlock78

I'm pretty sure Bumblebee already IS a repaint. I think the same mold was used for Herbie. And maybe other VW Beetles.
    Dince G1 Transformers were based off of actual cars, if Mattel has made that car in the past, they"ll just use an old mode. There's nothing about a G1 Autobot that makes the car mode unique, other than an Autobot symbol.

14. Aarion23

News Credits:
    Ok, true Bumblebee is a repaint already, but I should clarify, I was talking about the chassis that technically makes him a "new" mold.

15. MeGrimlock78

IS the chassis different? I just checked my Herbie, that was released in the 2000's...copyright date on the bottom is 198...6? 1988? The mold has degraded so it's hard to read. But I think Mattel has been using the same beetle body and chassis for 40 years...
    Though now I'm getting us off topic.
    Even though it's already a repaint, I wouldn't be surprised if it was released in Goldbug colours as well. I feel like most Hot Wheels get two versions when they are released.
    Mainline ones anyway. Not sure about the truck fleet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aarion23

News Credits:
    Hot-Wheels-Transformers-G1-Bumblebee-Car-02.jpg Hot-Wheels-Transformers-G1-Bumblebee-Car-04.jpg The chassis is different, and will be unique to this mold. Don't worry you were still on topic! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  17. MeGrimlock78

Aw damn, how did I miss this?
    Now I understand why people were asking about the Prime face!
    Gotta admit, the face looks better than I was picturing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Aarion23

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think the reason why Bumblebee has a face under the beetle is because the mold didn't scream Transformers and has been used by Hot Wheels for YEARS! Where as Optimus Primes truck and trailer has been used specifically for Transformers for 40 years, I don't see any other diecast trucks from Hot Wheels using that specific Truck design, come to think of it I don't think any other dicast car maker has used that truck. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  19. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 are you compensating for something, talking down?

News Credits:
    here is a base pic
    primebase.png

• Like Like x 3
  20. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Oh, I was busy and I totally forgot to share this pic from the FB user whom we got the in-package images before. He also confirmed that the trailer can't open, sadly.

Hot Wheels Truck Fleet Optimus Prime 06.jpg

• Like Like x 2