Hope for Animated Season 4

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Blam320, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    At TFCon today, during the Animated Q&A Panel, Marty Isenberg and Eric Siebenaler revealed that while Hasbro constantly moves forward, they do pay attention to what we want that direction to be. The panelists affirmed their desire to revisit the world they created, and affirmed that we are the ones who can make that happen. If we raise our voices, and let our demand for more Animated content be heard loud enough, we can get the continuation we deserve.

We need to keep the Animated conversation alive, through whatever means. Whether that's appreciating the almost magical engineering put into the toys, by creating and sharing more fanart of our favorite characters, or by telling our own stories, of how we discovered the show, or our version of how it proceeds.

Animated was killed before its time. Yet we have the power to bring it back.

• Like Like x 8
  2. BlueFire11

BlueFire11 i definitely like robots a Normal Amount

News Credits:
    I dusted off this account I haven't used in years just to lurk the few animated-based threads still around and now I'm glad I did :D  Here's hoping Hasbro is listening~

also I coulda sworn the animated forum was closed, I'm glad to be wrong but was it never closed to begin with or just reopened recently?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Blam320

News Credits:
    I don’t think it was ever closed to begin with. What better place to start the revolution than here?

4. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Animated was ten years ago.

Hasbro keeps telling us to move on.

Some people do.

But not us.

Not us.

• Like Like x 10
  5. BlueFire11

News Credits:
    Oh, the last messages were about how the forum was closing and I assumed with how abruptly activity stopped I assumed it was closed. Well, either way - never look a gift horse in the mouth xD Viva la revolution!

Not Us :D 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

Last, best television story we've gotten. This and Beast Wars are the reason I remain into Transformers. The Aligned continuity can go jump off a space bridge. Make mine Animated.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Blam320

News Credits:
    Aligned was just a hot mess, since they couldn't get everyone to actually follow that "unified storytelling" they wanted to do.

There was some good stuff, but everything wound up being so contradictory they shouldn't have bothered trying to group them all together.

Animated, on the other hand, is a great example of having a unified story, since most of the ancillary media (minus the Titan and The Cool comics) had the cartoon's writers involved as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BlueFire11

News Credits:
    ...Anyone else wondering if this is news-forum worthy as well? I suppose it's up to OP as it's their news but I feel like the prospect of a TF show returning after ten years with enough fan involvement might be news worthy. Plus it might help bring it to more people's attention, thus generating more hype :p 

• Like Like x 2
  9. CyberstormSM

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    From what I understand, even IF this part of boards becomes insanely active again, Hasbro might just choose to ignore it and keep doing whatever they're doing. The prospect of Animated returning is just something that MIGHT happen if Hasbro realizes that there is a great demand for it. And I'd imagine that would mean damn near EVERYONE is talking about the series, which is a point we have yet to get to. We've taken the first steps, but that's hardly news worthy. The real test is seeing if we can continue along the path.

Hopefully, we can get to the top one day and finally be able to see the conclusion to Transformers: Animated.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blam320

News Credits:
    It's going to be tough. The Beast Wars crowd has become active for the show's upcoming 25th anniversary, which is making it very, very difficult for the Animated crowd to get the word out that its 10th anniversary is going unnoticed.

It seems like a recurring nightmare for Animated; something big happens for it, yet it's always overshadowed by something else. When it was released, it did so when the Live Action Movies were just kicking off. Now, with its 10 year mark come and gone, it did so when Hasbro decided they'd rather keep rehashing the 80s until doomsday, and when fans decided to go on a 90s nostalgia wave.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CyberstormSM

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    It's absolutely gonna be tough. And while I do love Animated, I have to say that I am looking forward to whatever Hasbro has in store for the 25th anniversary of Beast Wars as well.

But hey, maybe it would be wise to take a step back for a moment and just appreciate the all of the Animated that we did get. I've noticed that we tend to be caught up in what we didn't have to a point where we forget to acknowledge what we did get. There's a lot of Animated that we did receive that no one really seems to talk about because whenever the series is brought up, season four seems right behind it. That's not meant to be a knock against anyone, either. A lot of people on this website love the series, but we just gotta talk about it more, you know? Just start the discussion, not about season four but about Animated as a whole. I just think if people are genuinely interested in furthering the discussion about what we already have, then the support for a season four will just grow naturally.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BlueFire11

News Credits:
    Honestly if I could like a comment twice that's what I'd do for this one because y'know what, you're totally right. I wonder if it's because we've had all this other content for so long it feels like there isn't anything else to say, though I'm sure there still is... I'd love to see more threads going in here (without making zombies of the old ones) so maybe we should find some stuff to discuss, new or old :D 

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I dunno. Doesn't Cartoon Network still own partial rights to that series?

14. Blam320

News Credits:
    I haven't been able to find anything that might suggest that so far. The Complete Series got released not too long ago.

15. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    Didn't it air on The Hub as well?

16. Blam320

News Credits:
    It did, up until 2014.

So Cartoon Network doesn't have partial rights to the show; the ball is, indeed entirely in Hasbro's court. We just need to make ourselves loud enough to be heard.

17. Blam320

News Credits:
    Since it's extremely difficult to get traffic on this sub-forum - given it was announced as "being closed" (yet never actually shut down) - I'm going to try posting in the more-heavily-trafficked Cartoon general discussion.

18. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I doubt we'll see an actual television series again from a resource perspective. Best chance is a comic dedicated to season 4.

19. Blam320

News Credits:
    And yet it’s still a chance Season 4 sees the light of day. And we’ll take whatever chance we can get.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jetfire and Jetstorm

Jetfire and Jetstorm Just a TFA fan

I've joined specifically for this. I've been rewatching recently, and honestly? Of all the cartoons I watched as a kid, I think this one deserves a new season the most. There were so many unanswered questions after season 3, so I'd love a chance to see things answered.

While plenty of shows start to get repetitive and less interesting over too many seasons, TFA has enough left to cover that another season would honestly be great.

• Like Like x 4