Honorable Mentions of 2012 Transformers!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Dec 10, 2012.

1. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well, the year is almost over, and after next year we go back to movieverse toys. We had alot of great Transformers this year and I just wanted to know what Transformers gets your Honorable mentions! Post below and Happy Holidays!

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I don't think you know how the idea of "Honorable Mentions" works

3. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Original Cyberverse - Yes! New - Meh......

News Credits:
    Cyberverse Ultra Magnus was great despite loose shoulders.

4. fallen_revenge

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I do know what it means, but I'm not implying it as after a contest. I put honorable mentions in a different perspective. In my version its not just remebering the figures as "losing an award or contest" But as just to simply remember those that deserved to be remebered honorably this year. Just think of it as an accolade, I guess.

5. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Well if that's the case there's a thread on the first page already that's pretty much about the same thing.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/729401-best-tf-2012-a.html

6. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    how is this different then the "best of 2012" thread?

7. fallen_revenge

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Its different to me, as that thread are just basically saying the "best" figures. This thread is for those figures that nobody cared about that need to be honored, two different things.

8. Soundwinder

I stand corrected.

And actually back this topic. I think it's different enough from the "Best" topic. Often, there are figures that I really like and think deserve mention, but definitely aren't TF of the Year material. Cyberverse Magnus is a great example... usually I'd have more examples but goddamn, this year was pretty slow for me. But I also think this one will be more interesting. The best topic will be... quite repetitive. This one seems like it could have a lot more variety, you know?

I would clarify the first post, though. Basically explain that it's a topic for figures that, objectively, aren't the best, but you really enjoyed.

9. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Definitely Dudicus. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's the best combiner EVER, but he's certainly a good one.

I don't for an instant regret picking him up.

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    * G2 Bruticus - he's got his flaws, but he's a step in the right direction after ROTF Devs and PCCs.
    * FoC Shockwave - size be damned, I like him!

11. Soundwinder

I don't regret picking up Dudicus, but for another reason... if I hadn't gotten him, I'd always be wondering "what if...?" but having picked him up and played with him, I can know for a fact that the FoC Combaticons are awful.

... ironically, I actually like the combined more. But the Combaticons themselves are just awful.

12. Cracka J

News Credits:
    blast off is probably the only one that really cuts it as a good standalone figure. I'm gonna buy his retail energon color scheme once I find one too. I actually really like him a lot.

the rest, yeah, better in bruticus mode. which i still think is pretty decent if you go by some mistransformation guides or make up your own. default it looks like crap though.

13. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm giving props to Terrorcon Bumblebee. Takara turned a second-class mold into a first-class toy. :thumb 

[​IMG]

I would've said the opposite. The FOC Combaticons don't look that bad as individual robots (although I would hardly give them "Honorable Mentions"), but the combined form is atrocious. Every figure in the set must be substantially mis-transformed to make Bruticus look even halfway decent.

14. Soundwinder

They don't LOOK bad, but they are. That's the worst part... they're deceptively awful. Most of them look okay, but then they all have awkward kibble or inexplicably terrible articulation. There's literally a single pair of decent shoulders in the entire set. That's just... amazingly bad. I bought Bruticus thinking "eh, even if the combined mode is awful, I've got five decent looking figures, right?" but amazingly, Vortex was the best of the group, if only because his flaws were mostly obvious from pictures.

Seriously, Blast Off doesn't even HAVE shoulders. Damn shame, because if he did, he would probably be in my Top 10 for 2012.

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

FOC Optimus Prime. I don't like it as Optimus, but it's a nice little toy with oodles of custom potential.

16. Cracka J

News Credits:
    I don't mind it. I think the shoulder pads suffice pretty well. Still a really solid figure imo, and my favorite of the group.

17. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    SDCC Bruticus for me. I got lucky getting it from HTS before they sold out. I don't think it worth $100 but I'm still glad I got it. It's my first combiner so I think it's pretty cool, although he is a pain to pose and hard to get him to stand without leaning over. Some mistransformations can make him look pretty good though. Bot modes are nice too. He's far from perfect but is still pretty good in my opinion.

18. fallen_revenge

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Very true, aside from Shockwave being short he is an awesome figure that goes for Jazz and Optimus to.

19. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    PRID Starscream for me. I bought him on a whim because he was cheap (and they didn't have bulkhead), and I didn't think the FE version could possibly be trumped. Boy, was I wrong! He's brilliant, and even better than the FE in many respects. If it weren't for the translucent forearms, ankle kibble (which isn't actually that bad in person) the shitty waste-of-plastic weapon, and lack of waist swivel he would be better than the FE!

Not my top TF of 2012, but easily in my top 5.