Homages

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    neener neener neener

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I know there are "things" inside the door, and I'd say they are lasers. My point was it's kinda absurd to call them exhaust pipes when their INSIDE the car.... unless this is the Kevorkian Transformer.

The roof spins... I don't deny that, how am I denying something? There's some similarities, I see more important ones with Clocker

The legs extending from the back is not the same as an homage to Jazz... Hot Rod, Sideswipe, and Excillion legs extend with the bottom forming the shins and toes flipping out, Jazz's legs extend then the rear flips down and his toes/shins come from further up. I also mean the arms coming from his sides with the DOORS attached is an "homage" to Sideswipe, Jazz and Hot Rod don't have doors on their arms.

I'm not saying there aren't similarities, just trying to explain how I see more similarities with Clocker. The rounded aesthetic of Excillion's car mode just greatly separates him from Hot Rod. Whereas Clocker's got the same angular look to him.

80% of figures have a similar body construction, ya, so body construction isn't important there's planes that have similar body construction but they aren't homages to a car. Thus I think the altmode and aesthetics are more important for an homage than body construction.

If E.Rodimus is a great homage to Rodimus Prime is it because of body construction? It's a factor for homages, but I think a lesser one.

Clocker's windshield also has the same look, plus it's also blue.

Clocker's got the exhaust pipes.

Clocker does have spoiler/fins on his gun part there too, so Excillion doesn't have that over him.

Bonnet not turning into a chest is not the only difference, the rounded vs. angular look and pipes are huge differences.

Yes they made a DVD exclusive, and their making a US retail release one too... so? I've seen repaints of Clocker/Skids as Hot Rod and I think it looks much more like him... due to the angular look and the pipes.

3. cybertron2000uk

cybertron2000uk Active Member

E-Shockblast..Energon Rodimus, Cybertron Starscream...all so great!!! they just keep getting better!!

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Blurr rocked the house as well

5. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

The best hommages were Energon Rodimus and Energon Scorponok, no contest.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Cybertron Runamuck. Good homage to G1 Runabout. Best of all the homages! :D 

7. takedown334

takedown334 Response Dispatcher

Not an exact homage.... but Energon Rodimus, and Cybertron Downshift, both I love doing the imagination transformations, specially Downshift (Wheeljack)