Hollywood Reporter: "New 'Transformers' Movie in the Works"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by MacFormer97, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like that. An Optimus centric movie that's not AOE (by technicality) would be great.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MrBoombastiqueFantastique

MrBoombastiqueFantastique Banned

And they won't be quality? Why? These people they chose are good directors (even though some don't have a lot of films).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking."

I’m not making any predictions about quality. I’m simply pointing out that Paramount explicitly told us what their priorities are, and nothing from the list of positive traits of movies was mentioned.

4. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Which I'm pretty sure they are, starting with that BB from over two years ago.
    Plus, it doesn't have to all centre around one franchise. It may get tiresome and over-saturated for some, as I've already seen here be expressed by some people.

It wouldn't exactly be a shared universe if it's not being shared with. It mostly requires a lot of creativity and imagination, and those aren't bad things or detriments, right?

I mean we wouldn't know until legit confirmation.
    Then again, everything seems up in the air for quite some time.

5. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it'll be cool to see a movie about him being unworthy of the matrix and him feeling guilty about the destruction of cybertron, and have the movie be about him trying to be worthy of the matrix again, while being tracked down by the combaticons and the quintessons.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Still hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    Beast alliance, the animated movie, and now this? How many goddamn movies are they working on?

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That doesn't say anything. People lauded Bumblebee as a return to form for how the robots were handled...but the movie itself was not without merited criticism. Many people didn't like the actual plot which was still heavily human-centric and the whole faux-relationship angle was kind of meh. Furthermore, this same leadership drug their heels in the dirt for months in trying to decide if Bumblebee was a reboot or still a bayverse prequel, which undoubtedly hurt Bumblebee's bottom line because people said they didn't go see Bumblebee when it was in theatres because they didn't know it wasn't just another Bay film.

It also took them months to make Lorenzo shut the fuck up about Bumblebee being a prequel still and effectively him lying in a blatant effort to artificially force public demand for a continuation of the bayverse.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    G1's fiction was very hit or miss, but DotM was basically a live action Ultimate Doom. As close as Age of Ultron was to its namesake at least
    I hesitate to agree with the notion if for no other reason than it'd be a VERY hard sell. Minicons are a lot harder to really justify in a live action "serious" movie where they otherwise worked in an anime. The designs of the main robots could very well work though, they give themselves plenty of blocks mass to work around and be relatively simple to translate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Come on g1!!! I’m not sure they really got what made the bumblebee movie work, but the more movies in the pipeline the more chances they can spit out something awesome!

10. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it's live action, it's not G1. G1 is G1. Armada is Armada, Beast Wars is Beast Wars. The Bay movies are the Bay movies. Evem Bumblebee wasn't G1, it was Bumblebee! And... they're all Transformers!

They all get to do something different which may or may not involve different amounts of inspiration from other versions.

11. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

So, we're already up to four movies, and we have basically zero information on any of them.

[​IMG]

Smacks of Paramount sliding back into their bad habits. Remember when they were convinced The Last Knight would kickstart their transformers cinematic universe?

• Like Like x 3
  12. metrotitan2346

metrotitan2346 Banned

Instagram:
    And yet, no one asked you. G1 isn't the only part of this franchise anymore. Let it go and go outside for once. No one is going to cater to you who is the only person asking for this redundant film

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
  14. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Well.. G1 was a cartoon and a comic, no reason they couldn't make an in-universe live action film. No reason for them to do so, of course, but to dismiss the notion outright isn't very correct either

15. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    I feel like im being a bit redundant :horse:  but yeah, we need the spotlight to focus on the cybertronians:scalper  instead of the humans.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's fair, what I mean moreso is that if it's a live action adaptation of G1, the word 'adaptation' is the key- there will be *some* things that are changed. And people might take issue with those things.

You can say the first Bay movie was a loose adaptation of G1 (loose), and then on the other hand you have Bumbelebee which explicitly takes more G1 influence, yet some didn't think it went far enough.

17. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the very least they should find a good balance for it. Humans don't need to be completely removed for the Transformers to be the main characters but after the Bay films I can see why a lot of people want that.

18. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    I mean Bee himself is a far cry from G1, so I'm confident in calling that it's own universe. You're right though, a G1 adaptation won't fit cleanly in other media canon BUT that's not to say it isnt in the G1 universe nonetheless (or Primax cluster if that's what we're still calling it). They could also be very obtuse about it and make a movie directly tied into the canon of either the comics or cartoon, write the movie around pre-existing lore and simply add onto it

• Like Like x 1
  19. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

I'm kind of excited for this honestly, they're making some very unique choices with directors and I'm very eager to see what they do. Hopefully they can bring a new voice or perspective to a franchise that, let's be honest, can tend to feel a bit same-y in all its different incarnations. I haven't seen Charm City Kings, but from what I've read it sounds very good. While I'm not expecting Angel Manuel Soto to just make that movie but with robots, it's already more confidence-inspiring then say, Michael Bay's entire filmography leading up to TF07, and even if this, the Josh Cooley Cybertron movie, AND the Stephen Caple Jr. Flick are unconnected, I'm okay with that too. I would LOVE for Transformers to become less of a rigid, foundational continuity, and more like this big sandbox of characters and concepts that directors can play around in and go nuts with. The basic concept of "aliens are fighting a war secretly on Earth disguised as vehicles" has the potential to create SO many interesting stories - it seems like Paramount finally realized that and got some fresh talent involved with the series.

however

Lorenzo di Bonaventura and the writer of The Defenders being involved do send some worries up my spine.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    I'm so disappointed that the closest we got a spy film where James Bond and the Astin Martin were one entity was the Bumblebee prequel comic from IDW. It just SCREAMS as an obvious choice

• Like Like x 1