Hockey cards collection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saberblade, May 22, 2021.

1. Saberblade

Saberblade Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In the 90's I walked away from the Transformers and starting collecting hockey cards. I was a huge hockey card collector and I have over 5,000 hockey cards, but I know some of them are worthless and some might actually have value. I am trying to sell them so I can fix my car, it needs body work repair and my cards might be might the only resource for my repair. I am planning on selling them on eBay as a bulk, but my friend suggested me that I try selling a low value card so I can the experience and not getting screwed over.

So far I have;

Peter Forsberg rookie card
    Eric Lindros rookie card
    John LeClair rookie card (twice) one is autograph
    and an unopened box of pro-set (90-91)

The cost of my repair is 2,500$, I don't know how much I am going to get for these, I am hoping somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,400$. Any thoughts and advice?

Thanks

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    There's a thread on sports card collections, Any sports cards collectors here?
    but from what I remember in the 90's sports cards were so massed produced that they aren't really worth anything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still have both 93-94 and 94-95 seasons hockey cards still in the boxes. Never been open.

4. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Try Hockey Cards/Buy/Sell/Trade/Break FB group.

5. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    My uncle has probably the largest Brad Richards hockey card collection in the world. Brad is my cousin, and my aunt and uncle still live down the road from his parents on Prince Edward Island, Canada.

Here’s a short article about the card collection:
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-brad-richards-card-collection-1.5019711

And if anyone would like more information, or is interested in acquiring it, my uncle Cornelius can be reached on Facebook. Search: Cornelius Van Ewyk on Prince Edward Island.