Hisaki Yuki shows off new old Fire Convoy art for Car Robot's 15th anniversary

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AoE, Apr 5, 2015.

1. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    i see a little bit of g2 prime there in the chest.

15 years of car robots onn my 15th birthday that is awesome

2. NemesisAngel

NemesisAngel Well-Known Member

RID definitely reawakened my transformer collecting passion as I was waiting on another line with proper vehicles and echo what others have said about the abysmal beast machines line.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Honestly I think the new RID series is far more worthy of the name than Car Robots...not like in that show they really needed to be Robots in Disguise, they revealed themselves to the humans and they know of their existence compared to the new RID series...more or less.

If they fix the rubber tires wearing and tearing, then yes.

I have to say I like the Fire Convoy Maximal symbol.

4. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

It was such a breath of fresh air after the craptacular Beast Machines. Such a glorious mishmash of old and new designs.

5. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    i was under the impression he was. at least in the japanese dub the autobots and predacons (destrongers) were from an alternate dimension so car robots exist in the G1 universe but they're separate characters.

i would love to see a showdown with fire convoy and optimus vs gigatron and megatron.

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Wowza could it really have been that long ago?! 15 years! In any case, happy anniversary Car Robots. Good memories when i was studying in college. Fire Convoy was a kickass toy back then and is still one of my faves of all time.

7. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I'm ok with the rubber tires. :) 

If we really need every Prime mold to be released/repainted into Black version then this should not be an exception.

Makers can separate this from the LD Black Fire Convoy to retain uniqueness, just repaint this in a scheme that commemorates Nemesis Prime/Scourge or Black Convoy.

8. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Huh..dishy toy?!? Lolol

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember being at some comic book or toy convention in 2000 or early 2001 and buying Car Robots Wild Ride. I'd been buying Beast Machines and watching the show, but as an original G1 fan, my heart was with the vehicles, and here was a realistic-looking contemporary Earth SUV that turned into a fully articulated robot, and I felt such a sense of hopefulness opening that toy, and transforming it, that Transformers was coming home. I picked up Mach Alert soon after, and Gigatron, and by then Hasbro had imported the whole line, or at least had announced plans to, and I waited for Hasbro versions for the rest. The show didn't do anything for me, but those toys were a new high water mark... when Armada came out in 2002, it actually felt like a step backwards. And today, if the show ever got released in the U.S. on DVD, I'd buy it immediately.

10. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

RiD is my favorite series of toys/designs. I absolutely love asymmetry and this line has quite a bit of it.

Omega Prime, the Rail Racer team, and the autobot car brothers are timeless, great toys! I've never understood some of the grief this line gets for its transformations. I found them very enjoyable and fun.

Great set of toys and a fun, light-hearted TV show. Happy 15th RiD!!

11. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So that's technically only 14 years of RiD, since it aired a year later.

Regardless, it's nice to see that the series that got me into the franchise is still appreciated!

12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my favorite moment as a Transformers fan. Just Magic!

13. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Car Robots is what got me importing Japanese Transformers. Loved the toyline, loved the show! Happy Birthday Car Robots!

14. Mightion

Mightion There is ALWAYS room.

News Credits:
    What I wouldn't give for a set of new tires for both RID Optimus and Ultra Magnus :/

RiD was what really got me back into following TFs again... starting with Brave Maximus; my first Japanese TF. Second was 15th anniversary Hot Rod, which started a habit of giving lots of money to BBTS. :D 

15. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

I really need to get a brave max its the only deco I like of the fort max molde

16. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

My first Transformer was Beast machines Rattrap. The first Transformers series I ever watched was RID though, and it remains one of my favorites.

17. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I remember watching RiD the morning of September 11th. Crazy that it's been that long.

I also liked Beast Machines much more than RiD, but I still enjoyed RiD in it's day. That firetruck prime mold was amazing.

18. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Bring back the Fire Convoy mold as Pyro, bring back the CR/RiD Magnus mold as Overload, and together they merge to form Apotheosis (who just so happens to be the same size as the CW gestalts).

19. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Man time flies! I remember coming here to watch low-res videos of each new episode! This series will always hold a special place in my heart for bringing me back to TF collecting. As many have said, the engineering on several of the toys released in this line were just astounding - especially Super Fire Convoy!

20. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    It's a shame that engineering trends we won't get some of the figures we got from this line. I can't imagine how they'd do Side Burn with the bumper on the shoulder. Maybe it would be fake.