highmoon formula is over, what did u think?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by NathimusPrime, Jan 5, 2016.

1. NathimusPrime

NathimusPrime Well-Known Member

High moon studios made 3 transformers games that average out to be pretty good, their engine (and most of their assets) were used to make a fourth game.
    But with Devestation out, and high moon studios porting destiny content, the era of high moon tf games is pretty much over,
    So now that its over, what did you think? Which was the best one, were any if them good, does rise of the dark spark justify its existence in any way?
    Discuss!

2. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WFC: I'd give it an 8.5/10. I had a lot of fun with it when it came out.

DOTM: 7/10. Not a bad game, honestly. It was short but it did have some interesting moments, like the Laserbeak mission and Starscream fighting Stratosphere. Dino's level made no sense, though.

FOC: 5.5/10. What went wrong? Granted, I had fun with it, but it felt so lackluster and even a bit lazy. It just didn't have any truly enjoyable moments like WFC or even DOTM.

3. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Best Transformers games ever in my opinion.

WFC and FOC that is.

What happened to FOC was they went smaller instead of larger, and looking at the concept art book and everything else they tried to put in it that never made it, was..saddening....I MEAN THERE WAS SO MUCH STUFF THAT STAYED OUT.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They were ok I suppose?

5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked them. Had fun with WFC and FOC.

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Overall, they were pretty fun but not that creative. All of them had things that seriously needed tweaking. Still overall enjoyable.

WFC: Best of the lot. Best gameplay. The characters were all enjoyable and had great interactions. The story, while nothing special, did what it set out to do. Escalation was fun when you had a good connection. Multiplayer was plain broken but still fun, despite how enraging it was.

DOTM: Best console movie tie-in game, IMO. It's always great seeing bland movie TF get more character. The story was decent but last minute changes to the film ruined a lot of the foreshadowing the game made. Campaign was short and the characters moved too slow but I still think it was enjoyable and had some neat ideas.

FOC: Not as good as WFC and not as different as DOTM. I simply find this game uninteresting. The story wasn't as emotional as it was made out to be and the characters their dialog were boring. What little changes that were made from WFC felt pointless. It's still fun tho, for the most part. Escalation was easier to play with the improved servers but Multiplayer was stripped down and is unplayable just for being so boring.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    WFC - 8/10. Really fun gameplay, Multiplayer and Escalation is still a blast to play. Fun characterization of most of the cast, really challenging (if outright crazy difficult) campaign. Story is pretty meh, it was clearly a backseat to the gameplay. But with such fun gameplay, I can shrug it off. Designs are terrific for the most part. Shockwave's design in particular is my absolute favorite design of the character.

DOTM - 6.5/10. Still fun, though it's really just WFC with Movie skins. For some reason they neglected to try to get movie actors like Robert Foxworth and Charlie Adler back, and High Moon was determined to have everyone voiced by Fred Tatasciore, Steve Blum, Nolan North, and Troy Baker. Give the guys a break! Some improvements from WFC would later be put to their finest use in FOC - namely the single player campaign that was tailored to each character, and a slightly more focused story. HM's take on the movie aesthetic wasn't the best, especially with the close-ups on the bots' faces. Multiplayer is still fun to play, though it was really limited with the customization, even moreso than WFC ever was. Bosses and gameplay got more fun and unique, like Starscream Vs. the Aerialbots, Dino's stealth mission (favorite part of the game), and Laserbeak's mission.

FOC - 9.5 out of 10. High Moon knocked it out of the park here. A really bleak, hopeless story with genuine stakes, fun new characters like Grimlock, Jazz, and the Combaticons, and improved graphics made this game awesome. Gameplay got deeper with customization being the crown jewel of the multiplayer, now we could really make our own Transformer with lots of options. I love the new sound effects, new weapons, new locations like the Sea of Rust, and especially the score. I'd consider the star map scene among the top 5 Transformers ever. The final level was a blast. What a wonderful slice of pie FOC was.

8. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    WFC - great game. loved that you could co-op the campaign and select your characters. Escalation mode was perfect. MP was fun. Story was kinda blah [dark energon? bleh] though it did have some really cool moments [like fighting trypticon and omega supreme!]

FOC - tighter mechanics/gameplay, i think, and the campaign was super solid. unfortunate that it wasnt co-op but i am glad they gave the campaign more "focus" because it made for some really great moments! Not so sad about the loss of being able to choose your own characters, having things be "pre-set" enabled them to tell that tighter story. Woulda loved to have seen another game by them following this same sorta style! Escalation mode, however, was where the ball was dropped. Limiting character selection was a huge bummer, imo, and the maps were pretty lame [and there wasnt very many of them either!] plus i didnt care for limiting the number of enemy waves and all that. If it was the same as WFC but just more/with the tighter mechanics and all that it woulda been PERFECT. That said, really enjoyed the competitive multiplayer! I still go back and play it now and then. Wish there were fembots in the customization but the fact that customization was there was pretty neat. but the maps were fun!

DOTM - was.... decent-ish. MP was trash, but the campaign was kind of the prototype FOC which made it fairly enjoyable. The most enjoyable campaign of the movie games, which I suppose isnt saying much but still! And it was nice that it was a prequel story and not just a rehash of the big movie events.

All in all I really liked what High Moon did.
    I loved the Platinum TF game but I'd honestly take another High Moon style TF game over more Platinum style games any day. It was fun for a one off but I dont think I could handle a whole series of games like that. [provided another HM-style game is done right and done well, unlike that hideous Dark Spark mistake of a game]

9. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Realised I still need to play the sequel. What are the chances I can get these on the PS4?