Hi Res Autobot Transformers Movie Vehicle modes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Acteon, Sep 10, 2006.

1. interceptor

interceptor Local Troublemaker

Everybody's entitled to their opinion-no one's saying you shouldn't have an opinion--but to have an open mind, yeah, you should-but you're a grown man-along with alot of people in these forums, whatever-but the fact of the matter is this--you're getting pissed off over a line of toys, that was made into a cartoon, that is now being made into a movie--I feel sorry for the people thinking about making a GI Joe or Thundercats movie....

but to sit here online and complain about how BB IS A VW BUG AND THAT'S FINAL!! HE'S NOT A CAMARO!! oh well, things do change from time to time--you of all people should know that--you've collected the toys for all these years--how many different Optimus Prime versions have there been?? how many flat nosed rigs do you see on the road these days?? or 1970's VW Bugs?? geez, it's time to grow up and move out of mom's basement!

2. Iron_Hide131

Iron_Hide131 Firefighter 1306

Ratchet.................

See Post below. I fudged this one.

3. interceptor

ha ha! too funny.

4. Iron_Hide131

Iron_Hide131 Firefighter 1306

Ratchet.................

Just a thought from a seasoned firefighter.

HELLLLLLOOO!!!! Unrealistic as a rescue vehicle. Do you think that hummer was made specifically for the movie? That Michael Bay decided that he f'd up the robot modes enough, and he was going to go ahead and completely rape their vehicle modes too? Get over it. Believe it or not...thats an actual emergenct vehicle. THOSE ARE MADE. Alot of wilderness rescue units are using them, and a few companies in central penna are buying those for mine rescue (anyone not familiar with Pannsylvanis, in the early days central Pa was the industry leader in coal). That green isn't that popular a color, but Ive seen dark green, red, orange, and yellow already.

Hummers are quite frequently used in bursh units in the mid west also, mainly for transport and EMS. Before opening your mouth about Hummers being emergency vehicles, DO SOME RESEARCH. :banghead: 

BTW...I love the movie, and most everythign about it, but megs mouth does look like a wood chipper.

5. Optitron

Optitron Member

I'd much rather have a big ass yellow hummer/robot help me fight other alien robots than a minivan ambulance/robot with a face on the front seat through the windshield (youngster note- that is what the original ratchet looked like as a toy...also he died in the last movie). IMO

6. Masterpiece Devastator

Masterpiece Devastator Well-Known Member

[​IMG]They could have met the us half way instead of a search and rescue maybe something like this. I still think its a weird choice considering that the hummer is a better vehicle for a strong character. but this one is white, an ambulance and is a hummer for those who want changes.

7. interceptor

Iron Hide, welcome to the crybaby forums! i agree with you on everything--especially Megatron-

hey, I might not agree with what they're doing to the Transformers--I can't say "I watched the cartoon and collected the toy as a kid''so they owe me--they are raping my childhood" but you'll see that alot here-

doesn't matter if Ratchet's a Hummer, Range Rover, or Ford Aerostar, people are gonna complain. It's funny to see how many grown men complaining about a toy.

BTW--love the avatar!

8. Masterpiece Devastator

I in no way believe that hummers aren't emergency vehicles. Its just aweird choice. Nor would I want it to be a headless robot minivan. Good old, solid ambulance.[​IMG]
    I would even settle for what I posted before.

9. Masterpiece Devastator

INTERCEPTOR - "It's funny to see how many grown men complaining about a toy. "

Its also "funny" to see how "they" can take something as established as the Transformers and constantly make the wrong decisions, considering all the source material. If you want to make a TF movie with a hummer search and rescue fine, dont call him Ratchet. make up a robot or find one that matches the veh. alt. mode better.
    I will say I do like the subtle logos. I'm not a total hater , just mostly.

10. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Maybe Hasbro didn't want him to be an ambulance, because for them, that's Red Alert. :lol 

11. Optitron

Optitron Member

That actually makes sense. They're all about making new toys.

12. Masterpiece Devastator

funny cartoon Cappeca. I guess well never know what Hasbro said they wanted and what they agreed to. Most of this stuff smell of Bay though. You know flashy for the sake of flashy.

13. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Its cool peeps!! I dig the designs for the movie and I know some dont, but we should trust the people who are making the film in that they will deliver a action packed movie. A good example is TMNT the movie, I mean it freakin rocked and wasnt exactly up to scale with the cartoon or the comic. But it is still good to this day. Just wait till you see these things transform, thats all I keep stating. It will blow our minds..

14. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Masterpiece Devastator, which do you think would be more appealing to a kid? A toy of the Hummer Ratchet rescue vehicle, or standard hospital ambulance? Just because we got screwed over with boring-ass alt modes for our G1 Transformers doesn't mean today's kids have to, too. I think it's great they're giving the alt modes personality and character most of our G1 Autobots never had; not for me, but for the kids.

15. Optitron

Optitron Member

You can compare it to the old movie though. Why do you think they killed off most of the old Transformers in the first few scenes and brought in all new ones? They wanted to sell new and exciting toys to save a dieing franchise. That's all 80's cartoons were made for back then, glorified toy commercials. Even though fans appreciate more than the toys, like the story and the characters, that's all Hasbro is banking on, new cool toys. This new movie is the best toy commercial ever. I know i'll be a toys'r'us to get them too.

16. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's something that struck me about the Autobots vehicle forms. They're real world vehicles, but altered to make them stand out a bit. They could have just used normal cars for this, but I like the way that some work has gone into giving the vehicles a bit of personality. I love the exaggerated look of Ratchet and Ironhide.

17. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

The vehicle modes seem about par for the course. Like in the cartoons/comics, these vehicles stand out a bit too much to be believable, but they look ok. My biggest issue is the needlessly placed faction symbols which seem to be pure overkill. Its one thing for Ironhide to be a jacked-up truck, but is the giant faction logo really needed on the tailgate?

The same goes for the others. These vehicles already stand out without the faction symbols. No need to announce to the world that your an Autobot.

18. interceptor

true---never saw it from Hasbro's marketing perspective-but you're right..as far as a "dying" franchise, not sure about that...maybe here in America, but it's still pretty popular overseas, right? I'd love to see what the new toys based on the movie are gonna look like...might pick one up for nostalgia...

19. Optitron

Optitron Member

For me it died out after that movie. They kept making shows and toys in Japan though. Then when all the 80's kids grew up and got into positions to bring back the franshise with Beast Wars, RID, Armada, etc. all culminating into this movie. I believe it will all die out again after this movie, unless the sequels do good, for another 20 years.

20. interceptor

only time will tell---it sucks kids these days have no imagination--to be able to enjoy the toys like we did--I used to battle my TF's against GI Joe, then He-Man and his crew got involved, and it was a battle of epic proportions--I tell you what--if they made Tranformers into stupid cards like Pokemon, they'd sell like hotcakes!